Wrestling Forum banner

Austin is turning into Hogan

4307 Views 54 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  Banjo
Anyone else feel like Austin is getting old?

His returns where he drinks a few beers and stuns everyone around is getting really boring not to mention annoying. Sick of seeing his beer bashes. If JBL was guest host I might have bought Mania but Austin ehhhh. It just gonna end with him drinking beer.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
No. Austin is in no way "turning into Hogan".

But I'm already sick of you. People get hated around here very quickly when they post 5 topics within their first 20 minutes.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
you didn't think your other stupid thread about Austin getting locked was enough? you thought you'd make another?

eleveners gonna eleven.

Reactions: Best Bout Machine

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
Anyone else feel like Austin is getting old?

His returns where he drinks a few beers and stuns everyone around is getting really boring not to mention annoying. Sick of seeing his beer bashes. If JBL was guest host I might have bought Mania but Austin ehhhh. It just gonna end with him drinking beer.
Austin isn't the guest host of Mania.

Do you even watch the show?

· Banned
4,476 Posts
you didn't think your other stupid thread about Austin getting locked was enough? you thought you'd make another?

eleveners gonna eleven.
:lmao

· BOOTS TO ASSES
1,771 Posts
Get ready for a Backlash kid!!!

Hogan is an egotistical maniac who still things he's "got it". He takes over everything he touches, screws over young guys in favor of his old buddies and will never quit because he doesnt know how. Hulkamania went a long time ago. Its time Hulk did the same.

Austin is a totally different story, he doesnt try to control the company, or keep wrestling or acting like he's top dog. He turns up does his bit and goes again. Still showing he loves the business but not by taking it over in place of younger guys. You'll find most people have got more respect for Austin than Hogan.

Austin is a better person than Hogan and isn't full of shit.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get ready for a Backlash kid!!!

Hogan is an egotistical maniac who still things he's "got it". He takes over everything he touches, screws over young guys in favor of his old buddies and will never quit because he doesnt know how. Hulkamania went a long time ago. Its time Hulk did the same.

Austin is a totally different story, he doesnt try to control the company, or keep wrestling or acting like he's top dog. He turns up does his bit and goes again. Still showing he loves the business but not by taking it over in place of younger guys. You'll find most people have got more respect for Austin than Hogan.

Austin is a better person than Hogan and isn't full of shit.
Austin and Hogan both have huge egos. And who did Austin ever push? Pretty sure Austin hogged the main event as much as Hogan and Hogan at least did put over Lesnar before he left. In fact he let Lesnar take out his career. Austin never fought Hogan because both Austin and Hogan had egos and each refused to lose to the other.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
Austin and Hogan both have huge egos. And who did Austin ever push? Pretty sure Austin hogged the main event as much as Hogan and Hogan at least did put over Lesnar before he left. In fact he let Lesnar take out his career. Austin never fought Hogan because both Austin and Hogan had egos and each refused to lose to the other.
I do agree with this.

But Austin knew when to walk away, as did Rock, that's why they aren't as hated.

· Banned
2,231 Posts
The only bit of stone cold I didn't like is when he didn't job to scott hall at wm 18 but that's just me, other than that he is top 3 biggest legends in wwe history surely

· Registered
346 Posts

· Men of Mayhem
9,544 Posts
Hogan is by far the worst when it comes to being egotistical.

But when people come to events and still have the amount 3:16 signs and Austin is 'retired', who's head wouldn't inflate?

Hell, I am sure I seen more SCSA signs on the road to WrestleMania before SCSA was announced than everyone bar Cena, Rock and John Morrison signs.

Oh, I am not incorporating heel signs. And we all know, Cole has, by far, the most.

· BOOTS TO ASSES
1,771 Posts
Im talking about Austin and Hogan now. Austin i have so much respect for now, Hogan very little. Right now Austin has backed the hell away from wrestling, not even creative. Hogan refuses to let go, and wont until he takes down TNA, which will happen so long as he's there. Listen to the Bret Hart interview about Hogan he speaks the truth and pretty much says what every1 thinks including me.

Austin I would have come back here and there for a promo and he'll be great on tough enough. But if WWE ever brough Hogan back i'd be pissed. He's washed up and refuses to quit. Austin new he was in a bad way 7 years ago and backed out and made a few appearences since. Thats the right thing ot do. Not go on like Hogan has getting involved in anything and everything to keep your ego in peoples faces.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Austin making cameos (they pretty much are these days). What would you like to see instead of an Austin beer-bash, Ted DiBiase jr have a match for 10 mins?

· Registered
1,059 Posts
I agree. If I know a show isn't going to have much wrestling on it I turn it. Cena responding to the rock, stone cold returning. I already knew what was going to happen, cena with the lame jokes and austin drinking beer and stunning somebody.

wwe should be more focus on building feuds

· Registered
6,098 Posts
Absolutely not. I don't see Austin stealing coming back and beating younger wrestlers just to feed this ego and get more money.

Is he taking some spotlight? Sure, but in a Cole vs Lawler feud, you NEED somebody like Austin or the match would suck fucking ass.

Austin is his own man, that's it.

· Registered
2,119 Posts
I agree. If I know a show isn't going to have much wrestling on it I turn it. Cena responding to the rock, stone cold returning. I already knew what was going to happen, cena with the lame jokes and austin drinking beer and stunning somebody.

wwe should be more focus on building feuds
Guess what they're doing with The Rock?
> Building a feud with Cena and Miz.

Guess what they're doing with Stone Cold?
> Building a feud with Cole and Lawler.

Thanks, aaaaaaaaaaaaand you're gone! :rolleyes:

· Registered
3,269 Posts
Difference is:

Austin hits finisher, drinks beer and leaves. You know, cool stuff.

Hogan needs to actually have a match, where he wins. Oh, and before and after the match, he cuts a boring promo about "Hulkamania still running wild, brother". You know, shitty stuff.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.