Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Austin Comments on Greatest WWE Champions

B]- Author Kevin Sullivan, who wrote the upcoming book on the history of the WWE Title, published the following comments from Steve Austin on his blog. Austin made the comments while speaking with Sullivan during his research for the book. Here's what Austin said when asked his thoughts on the greatest WWE Champion of all-time:[/B]

"There’s no way to name just one. In terms of drawing power and being a marquee name, I’m going to say it’s a tie between Stone Cold and Hogan. Hogan was the organization back in the ’80s, and I would say Stone Cold had the same appeal. Damn, I broke attendance records, pay-per-view records, merchandise records …

As far as pure wrestlers go, there are too many bad ass wrestlers, but I would say it’s a tie between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Randy Savage was bad ass, too. But he was more of an IC Title guy. But Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels told some great stories. It’s a dead tie. They could work circles around Hogan, and also outwork me.

I would say Ric Flair is the greatest World Champion that ever lived. But I don’t equate him with the WWE Title."--LordsofPain.com[/B]
Who was the greatest WWE champion?

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, or The Rock.

Out of the three, I would say Hogan due to the importance.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Greatest WWE Champions

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
The Rock
Macho Man

· Registered
2,419 Posts
For me personally, it has to be Austin. He was the top dog while I was growing up so he takes no. 1 spot on my list. Generally speaking tho, I have to say Hogan. Don't really remember much from HBK's reigns. Bret was definitely one of the best.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Steve Austin is easily the greatest WWE Champion of all time. He has no equals and no superiors, he was an entertainer like no other. His feud with Vince McMahon is the single highest point wrestling has ever or will ever have. I'd kill to go back to when wrestling was that much fun.

· HEY YO
5,577 Posts
I have to agree with Stone Cold, tbh. The greatest WWE Champions were probably Hogan and Austin. At the same time, I thought maybe Triple H could have got a mention as greatest heel WWE Champion during his time with the strap in 1999 and 2000.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
I don't think i could have said it any better than how Stone Cold Steve Austin did as drawing and importance wise you can not look past Stone Cold Steve Austin himself and Hulk Hogan as they are the two biggest stars of all time and carried WWE. From a match quality wise perspective though you have to say Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart were the greatest because they could have a great match with anyone and whilst never as such being HUGE draws they did draw people in to watch their matches.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.