1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gots mic skills

pretty good wrestler

his attire is gay

but aside from that - i think this guy could be a big name for tna. id love to see roode vs styles vs aries for the world title

·
Banned
350 Posts
I originally thought no due to the fact that he's the size of the average 12-year-old child. The more I see of him, the more I think he's charismatic enough to overcome his size deficiency. It would definitely help his cause if he put on about 25 pounds of muscle, though.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Yes he is.

AA attire is gay? WTF?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Not in a mainstream organisation. He has everything except the size to be a world champion, but in his case the size is always going to hold him back. If Aries was world champion, they'd have to avoid using guys like Matt Morgan or Samoa Joe, because the suspension of disbelief is only going to extend so far.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
People act like TNA will ever succeed past the audience they have now. They can easily put the belt on Aries. People won't tune out if they watch the product now. You could probably put the belt on Eric Young and it probably would not make the slightest bit of difference to the viewing figures now. And it's not as if anyone buys these PPVs anyway.

·
Registered
895 Posts
"I originally thought no due to the fact that he's the size of the average 12-year-old child"

1,75m? LOLed.

He is almost the same size as Kurt Angle (1,78) and Chris Jericho (1,78) and AJ Styles (1,78), why cant he be a world champion, when all of this guys have been world champions?

Size in wrestling only matters to retarded people, a average size men can also be a world champion, enough said.
Over 1,92m, wrestlers tend to be just awful in the ring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There's something about him I just don't like. But the more I see him, the more I can't deny he has natural charisma. He's one of those guys that might eventually grow on me, but I'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
1,75m? LOLed.

He is almost the same size as Kurt Angle (1,78) and Chris Jericho (1,78) and AJ Styles (1,78), why cant he be a world champion, when all of this guys have been world champions?
His height listed on wikipedia (where you probably got the info) is incorrect, he is more towards 5,7" and thats WITH his special boots on. CM Punk looks like a giant when he stands next to him, and Punk is about the same height as Angle/Jericho/Michaels.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Austin Aries is probably the best world ROH champion of all time.

With or without special boots he has charisma, the look and talent to be world champion.

Eddie Guerrero is about his size and made it.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I'll get the stock answer out of the way. Of course he'll be champ...once he's over 40!

Now, honest answer? I seriously doubt it. Unless TNA gets a bunch of injuries to top guys, he'll probably be stuck going for the X or TV title. Which is a shame. Because he'd make a great heel champ.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Eddie Guerrero is about his size and made it.
...once he gained enough muscle mass to make up for his short stature, muscle mass Aries is severely lacking in.

It's time for Austin Aries to order some of Dr. Zahorian's special "protein" shakes. Sure, they'll probably take 20 years off of his life, but it's worth it to be the champ. :cool:

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
That would be very unhealthy for aries just like it was for eddie.

AA is good the way he is.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Austin Aries is a living example of why size shouldn't be a factor in whether or not someone makes it to the top.

Of course he could be World Champion, and he'd probably be one of the best TNA champs ever.

It's sadly very unlikely that TNA realise this.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'll put it this way, I would see Austin Aries as champion in the mold of a Chris Jericho. Let him win the belt, but keep it a short reign and hold Aries in the upper midcard fold with the occassional main event run and thats being generous. I think that way is the most realistic for someone his size, especially to the casual viewer.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I see Aries as the "Ric Flair of his generation", genius, cheating and dirty heel who demolishes his (bigger) opponents with mind games, psychology and rapid fire moves. He would make such a great World Champion in TNA or WWE, he already showed his unlimited potential in ROH, although his second reign wasn't that great.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Aries is a great potential champion, great in ring (but the Wrestling Machine Version is a lot better) and a great talker (much better than Anderson).

But Bischoff will think that he is a vanilla midget

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Slow down Fella ,Let this guy grow with the company. Hes new and this company has many moore other younger guys ,That have been in the company for years that need main event world title pushes.

I do see it though so i do agree. He easily easily could be later down the road a main eventer.

You can tell the company is finally starting to realize these old fucks wont be around to much longer. I have been seening more younger guy pushes.

I seriously see most of them gone except Kurt and Jeff in the next year or so. We know sing is winding up soon.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts