Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As noted, Austin Aries won the Impact Global Championship against Eli Drake on tonight's Impact. During a celebration of all things Eli Drake, Aries came out and challenged Drake to a match. Drake initially turned it down, but Adonis hit Aries with the title in the back of the head, and Drake decided to have the match right then. Aries recovered and was able to get the pinfall victory after hitting a brainbuster on Drake. On Twitter, Aries said he may not be the most popular guy, but he's leading the pro wrestling charge with numerous titles to his name. Also on Twitter, Impact Wrestling said he was the new "Impact World Heavyweight Champion." Aries responded he wants the title to be called the "Impact World Championship," because he's not a heavyweight, but is world class.

I know every Championship he has won is not on the network but a lot of them are it's not far out to think they will be on GWN all of them have relationships with impact. One company that has a relationship that quickly has me thinking is the national wrestling Alliance .For those of you who do not know billy Corgan now owns the national wrestling Alliance. Recently there was a Empty Arena match of the Impact Zone from the NWA so there is a strong relationship. What if? Austin Aries wins the national wrestling Alliance championship and is recognized by all these company as the NWA world champion under this new territory system. I think we can all agree that National wrestling Alliance is a better name than IMPACT wrestling National wrestling Alliance presents Impact Wrestling . National wrestling Alliance presents Defiant Wrestling and so on. All recognized in the NWA title as the world champion

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Sadly because he couldn't win the cruserweight title in WWE it kinda makes TNA look like more of a joke him winning any of their titles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
to be fair I haven't seen any of WWE's CW show and normally skip through the CW bits on RAW, so for me he still the same AA that he was when he left.

It would defiantly help impact the idea above, having a recognize world championship belt. I did wonder what the deal with that empty arena match was, appeared very random.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
In kayfabe this makes TNA a weak ass promotion. Think about it, the guy that couldn't win the least prestigious main roster title in WWE, becomes the King of everything TNA.

:sodone

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Comparing his run on in the WWE CW where he was injured a lot and had a few title matches where he had actual matches and lost, by opponents cheating if I am not mistaken, does not compare to showing up on Impact and winning the title when the champ was not ready.

·
Registered
236 Posts
In kayfabe this makes TNA a weak ass promotion. Think about it, the guy that couldn't win the least prestigious main roster title in WWE, becomes the King of everything TNA.

:sodone
Nope it makes WWE looks like an idiotic company, and that's exactly what it is since AA is an awesome wrestler

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think that might be true if A Double didn't have any history with TNA, but he's held every title in the company in the past. It would be the same as if AJ had been jobbed out in WWE, that doesnt mean you double-down on their mistake and bury him here too.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,801 Posts
Wow, it looks like Austin Aries really is the Greatest Man that Ever Lived :mark:

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Im an Aries fan, but dont see him as the "main" guy in a company. But good for him. He's pulling a Hardy and going on an expedition of gold.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Really, anybody trolling about WWE's CW division is just being a hater. Aries should have been having matches with Reigns and Cena like AJ Styles did.

It would be nice if the NWA name was to return. But the company also needs to be back on a bigger network to realize its potential. If this show were on TNT, starting at 6pm on Monday nights, it would eat into Raw's audience within a year.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
all those belts look cheap and tacky. Hopefully impact wrestling belts brings something of class with the new designs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts