Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA star Austin Aries spoke with Gordon Holmes of Xfinity.Comcast.net and was asked about big names leaving the company and other rumored TNA problems.

"A lot of reports about problems with the company are from journalists who are trying to get clicks on their website," Aries said. "It seems like there’s a certain core of pundits who like to take any news with TNA and make it negative."

"The fact is, the things going on in TNA, whether you’re talking about talents that are coming and going, that’s all part of a growing business. I think there’s almost a certain group of people who root for the company to go out of business just so they can say, 'I told you so.' Unfortunately for those people, I think TNA is going to be here for a long time to come.
"

Aries was also asked to deliver a pitch for fans who are on the fence regarding Sunday's Bound For Glory pay-per-view.

"We’re trying to bring pro wrestling back," he said. "We’re putting an emphasis on what happens in the ring while also having compelling characters and stories. Bound for Glory is our biggest show of the year. That’s where we’re going to pull out all the stops.

"If you haven’t given Impact Wrestling a try, I think as a wrestling fan it’s an absolute must. Give us a shot and you’ll see we have the most talented performers in the whole world."

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I agree with Aries. there are "haters" that don't like TNA and will not be happy until TNA is out of business. people who constantly complain about everything.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I just love TNA so much. I like the fact that they don't treat "pro wrestling" as if it's a dirty word. I agree completely with Austin Aries. I really hope he gets into an extensive program with AJ Styles in 2014. Kurt Angle would also be a great match-up for "the greatest man who ever lived."

·
Registered
904 Posts
WWE marks, take it from The Greatest Man That Ever Lived.

TNA ain't goin' nowhere.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
Of course i always say They aint going anywhere. Weather its a massive change,direction, structure, Or a new owner. The product will be around.

Its kinda interesting that the underdog is getting all the hate ha. Normally its the underdog people are rooting for and a mass bash on the big guy.

Times have changed

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good strong words from one of the best in the biz at the moment. I am personally very excited and optimistic for TNA post BFG...
lets see how it pans out

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
Good strong words from one of the best in the biz at the moment. I am personally very excited and optimistic for TNA post BFG...
lets see how it pans out

Im hoping for some big structure changes. Also hoping for the company to down size but stay on the road.

Reactions: S.MACK

·
Banned
79 Posts
WWE marks, take it from The Greatest Man That Ever Lived.

TNA ain't goin' nowhere.
Of course i always say They aint going anywhere. Weather its a massive change,direction, structure, Or a new owner. The product will be around.

Its kinda interesting that the underdog is getting all the hate ha. Normally its the underdog people are rooting for and a mass bash on the big guy.

Times have changed
Roh doesnt seem to get the hate though tna does strangely

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
If Aries said the opposite the same people agreeing with him would disagree with him and start bashing him. Positive news is eaten up in this section while the negative is bashed and trashed. Meh

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
What does he mean "bring pro wrestling back?" How is WWE not pro wrestling? How is what he said any different than what wwe does. They both have storylines, characters, and they both wrestle in the ring. I don't get it.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
What does he mean "bring pro wrestling back?" How is WWE not pro wrestling? How is what he said any different than what wwe does. They both have storylines, characters, and they both wrestle in the ring. I don't get it.

I think he may just mean the traditional style wrestling. Or just intense technical wrestling. I mean we know that wwe's wrestling style is bogged down.

Would be sweet to see a wcw awa ect sorta traditional style come back.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
because they dont consider themselves pro wrestling. they think they are this big media, entertainment company when they arent.

they are too corporate and really dont care about what goes on in the ring.

i guess what aries was saying is that tna will try to bring back pro wrestling by putting great in ring action while still having the storylines and promos.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
because they dont consider themselves pro wrestling. they think they are this big media, entertainment company when they arent.

they are too corporate and really dont care about what goes on in the ring.

i guess what aries was saying is that tna will try to bring back pro wrestling by putting great in ring action while still having the storylines and promos.

Which is exactly what wrestling was, Great wrestling and of course the drama.

I have a feeling this for once positive news will tern into yet another trashed thread by haters. Enjoy well it lasts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sounds like Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
wrestling as sports entertainment is what made WWE so big. I was also reading something today that before Hogan/Savage/ect went to WCW, that WCW was more about the wrestling. but then once "names" joined WCW, it became more of sports entertainment. it was then with nWo that WCW became so big and got better ratings than WWE. but now some want TNA to be about the wrestling and less about sports entertainment? so wouldn't that be the opposite of what they should be going for?
I'm all for having some quality wrestling, but lets not forget about the entertainment factor of the show, and I mean more than what happens in the ring.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts