Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, he'd only go back to Impact if he could also have a decision making position or some backstage say.

– Austin Aries recently appeared on X-Pac12360, here are the highlights…

On being contacted by Impact Wrestling after leaving WWE: “We had some talks but really for me, the only position I was interested in there was the position of being a decision maker. I told Dixie (Carter) when I left there I wouldn’t come back and work for anybody. But If I was going to come back there (Impact), that I had to be in a position to make a difference. I know they just went through a big régime change, I know we had some discussion about me coming in there and possibly being part of the team. But I know where I am right now in my career and all the possibilities and things I have in front of me, I really couldn’t invest myself emotionally into that because let’s be honest they’ve got a lot of work to do there. They’ve done a lot of bad business over the years and they’ve got a lot to overcome. And I think the guys there know that and I wish them luck.”

On the kind of wrestling promotion he’d like to work withOn his endless opportunities: “I had to divide my time, had some restrictions and during that time, I had a herniated disc in my neck and I had to get right before I can get back in the ring. I’m really lucky and thankful that my opportunities were endless. I have seen people reaching out, booking me on their show. I really had the opportunity to pick and choose where I wanna go, make my own schedule, decide where I wanted to stamp my name.”

https://411mania.com/wrestling/austin-aries-says-hes-contacted-impact-wrestling-wishes-luck/

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Basically they didn't offer him a place as a "decision maker", Hunter I completely understand now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Love Aries, but you can't just give anybody relative power inside the company when they haven't earned it. I'm already skeptical of a nobody like Jimmy Jacobs coming on board and running elements of creative. Impact - don't let the inmates run the Asylum.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Love Aries, but you can't just give anybody relative power inside the company when they haven't earned it. I'm already skeptical of a nobody like Jimmy Jacobs coming on board and running elements of creative. Impact - don't let the inmates run the Asylum.
Nobody? That nobody was behind some great moments in ROH and showed enough of a creative mind that WWE signed him. If not for the selfie he would still be employed there. I agree with you can not let every wrestler have control, we saw that in WCW, but Jimmy is not a nobody.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
I highly agree that any wrestler shouldn't have back stage control. I mean it is rare because you look at Abyss and he really hasn't abused his on screen character. But dutt already has done so and it looks bad.

But was Aries wanting control over his character or other stuff?

Reactions: nyelator

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aries has done good work in Impact in the past, but I don't think he'd fit very well in their current direction. Honestly, I don't trust that he wouldn't abuse the situation to make himself the champ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts