Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mike Johnson on 2010-10-06 16:04:29
In an update on former ROH champion's status with Ring of Honor, he is not currently signed to a contract as his previous deal has expired. There is a chance ROH will use him down the line, but he is currently free and clear to work anywhere without restrictions.
http://www.pwinsider.com

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
He needs to work PWG more often. Also, since he's booked for Evolve, he's bound to show up in DGUSA right? This could lead to some awesome stuff.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Aries in DGUSA would just make no sense to the point it would actually annoy me. EVOLVE could be fine as long as the right Aries turns up and by that I dont mean wine sipping Aries. He's never really done anything in PWG to warrant any excitement for him working more dates either.

·
Administrator
33,692 Posts
I must be missing something here but why would Aries in DGUSA make no sense, surely as someone who's competed in Dragon Gate in Japan it makes more sense than alot of the other guys who are there.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Would be good to see him in a few more companies now his contract has ended.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Aries in DGUSA would just make no sense to the point it would actually annoy me. EVOLVE could be fine as long as the right Aries turns up and by that I dont mean wine sipping Aries. He's never really done anything in PWG to warrant any excitement for him working more dates either.
DGUSA has a lot of random indy wrestlers on the roster because they can't be expected to fly out enough DG to put on full shows.

I would be all for him going to DGUSA because there is a lot of talent there that I would really like to see him work with. He's been in ROH so long that he has pretty much worked withe everyone there. He needs to turn face for him to get some fresh opponents and that won't happen because his character is too good at the moment. He can at least get some fresh opponents in DGUSA. And he has worked in Dragon Gate before so it does make some sense.

He just seems to half ass it in PWG a lot so if I were PWG I wouldn't try to book him that much. Plus ROH and PWG hardly ever run on the same night so he could have been working PWG all this time but he wasn't.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
I also don't see how Aries in DGUSA makes no sense. A great wrestler being added to a roster can never be a bad thing. He could have some great matches there.

·
I like the wrestling parts best!
701 Posts
Aries would be almost instantly the top American wrestler in DGUSA if he went there to work some shows. I would mark for interactions with CIMA, Akira Tozawa or Gamma.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
I'd probably be more likely to watch and Aries DGUSA match than an Aries ROH match tbh. His match, with Daniels, at GBH was a major letdown.

What Aries should do is go on a tour of Japan, for a couple of months, and come back with a renewed vigor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts