Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

"All was going well at the International Assault from World Series Wrestling. Sean Waltman and Austin Aries had just wrestled as tag partners in a match where A Double admitted it was a huge honor and checking off an item from his bucket list to perform with X-Pac. But then things went a little south.

After Waltman got the crowd really pumped and excited, it was Austin Aries’ turn. He started off well and good and Pac thought he was finished as evidenced by the fact you can see him start to take the microphone from The Greatest Man That’s Ever Lived’s hand but Aries wasn’t finished yet.

Austin Aries took the mic after a touching tribute and said, “but there’s one more thing. I’m known for being kinda an a*****e, and I’m known for speaking the truth. And here’s the truth of the fact, you’ve got some talented men and women back there out here busting their ass and the stage that we bust our ass in is this wrestling ring and quite frankly this wrestling ring is a f-cking disgrace!” Mic drop and then A Double left.

You can feel the energy drain from the room immediately. Sean Waltman, being the 30-year veteran he is picked up the microphone and tried his best to save the post-match celebration by explaining Austin’s comments by saying the ring hurt them more than their opponents did. He even closed out the same way he planned to by saying, “if you ain’t down with Austin Aries and X-Pac then we got two words for ya” and people still said “suck it!” in reply… although the crowd would have probably been more receptive if Aries hadn’t cut a promo on the ring itself before leaving."

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I agree with Aries if you have enough money to book guys like Aries and X-Pac then you can afford to fix the ring.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
If anything, Austin Aries is an insult to the wrestling business. This short little guy with an attitude among giants and men. What planet is he from? Get real, he's not a star, he's not a big man. Just shut up and apply for job at KFC

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
:lmao I love how passionate some of the people here get over something so insignificant. The vitriol almost emanates from the screen sometimes. I'm going to assume this is one of those "don't disrespect the business" bullshit situations many marks/smarks like to get upset about and just laugh at everybody's over the top, unjustified reactions if I'm honest. :lmao

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
:lmao I love how passionate some of the people here get over something so insignificant. The vitriol almost emanates from the screen sometimes. I'm going to assume this is one of those "don't disrespect the business" bullshit situations many marks/smarks like to get upset about and just laugh at everybody's over the top, unjustified reactions if I'm honest. :lmao
I can only imagine the reaction if it had been Enzo, Orton or Roman insulting the ring/promotion.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
That was a joykiller for the crowd, but, in Aries' defense, part of the plywood in the ring that didn't have padding over it had popped up and cut him under the eye. From what I've read online from people that were there, there were big sections of the ring mat that were not repaired and made of duct tape, it was visibly in very poor condition. There are reports that ZSJ, who was also there, was heard complaining about it, too, before his match ever started.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
how tall are you and how much do you weight? I'll meet you anywhere anytime and I will S you around

·
Registered
900 Posts
Maybe like his promo at HoH about vegan and WWE just a worked shoot. But it seems to be again a trainwreck unless he actually wants to go full heel, this "hard truth" gimmick ends in just making the crowd frustrated with him :D .

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Some fans just live to be angry.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
One of the most unlikable guys I can ever recall being a part of this business. I’ve got no issue with him voicing that opinion but he could have waited until after the show was over. Just another incident to add to that one with Christy over getting his name wrong.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts