Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah, I watched his first match back in TNA a year ago and a recent match and he's put on a lil weight.
But if you go back to 2006 I think Austin was even bigger then then he is now, most the X Division guys were. Chris Sabin in particular looks completely different going back to 04-05. Alex Shelley was also bigger and his mannerisms were different which I found odd(I found Shelley's mannerisms/wrestling style recently to be awkward and was surprised he didn't always wrestle/move like that.)

Anyway, Austin's weight could be a number of anythings. Aging, new lifestyle now that he is no longer on the indy scene, etc Also could be the roids.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Regarding the roid comments, the guy could have taken them, sure, but he's hardly gigantic. Can't we at least give these guys the benefit of the doubt until they're abnormally large?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Or how about management is planning on pushing him into the main event and in turn he wanted to get on a different weight program to add muscle so he looks more believable against the bigger guys.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Hes bulked up but he's been big before. Roids? why not theres no policy in TNA and evreybody else is on Steroids anyway. The world has gone steroid mad.

I personally believe that the lack of a steroid policy to be one of the main reasons Angle jumped ship.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
The roids comment was a joke, he has gained some but not in a suspicious way.

But TNA does have a Wellness Policy, not as serious as WWE, but its there. I just dont think they have ever failed anyone for it.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
The roids comment was a joke, he has gained some but not in a suspicious way.

But TNA does have a Wellness Policy, not as serious as WWE, but its there. I just dont think they have ever failed anyone for it.
Yeah, I'm afraid their drug testing has failed. :jeff

But I don't believe Austin Aries is roiding...just eating a whole shit ton of veggie burgers, tofu sandwiches and frequenting the gym.

·
HEADBANGA
23,512 Posts
Not impossible for a guy to get bigger on his own merits. I find amusing he's putting his weight up in hopes of getting that "main event" run. He would be able to break the glass ceiling if he wasn't so damn short. 8*D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just putting in my two pence (yeah uk version what about it? 8D) I think the whole reason WWE wellness policy is so bad now is 'cause of all the deaths related to steroid abuse and shit... probably pointing out the obvious here but just wanted to have an input.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Not impossible for a guy to get bigger on his own merits. I find amusing he's putting his weight up in hopes of getting that "main event" run. He would be able to break the glass ceiling if he wasn't so damn short. 8*D
1 inch taller than Eddie Guerrero

1 inch shorter than Daniel Bryan

2 inches shorter than Chris Benoit

3 short guys broke the glass ceiling despite their lack of height. Austin will do the same. Deal with it.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Aries looks in a fantastic shape recently.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My girlfriend thought he had put on more weight too. I don't really notice it that much, not as much as how much weight and muscle Daniel Bryan put on in the past year.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
"Wellness Policy" in wrestling is BS, you call always turn it around with good "doctors" and smoking pot at home shouldn't be a reason to get you fired.

So overall common sense > wellness policy. TNA could easily avoid the hardy incident if back then they had someone like today's lagana/prichard/al snow aliance... hardy would be sent home and some guy like KAZ/Daniels would be in the main event instead.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think that if there was a sterriods use issue in TNA that it would have been exposed a long time ago and the company would have been shut down. TNA does have a wellness policy, and although it's not as strict as the WWE's it still serves the purpose. Hardy is the best example because he's cleaned up. Sure he made a mistake, but the company isn't playing around with the fans. He messed up and was taken out of the company. He cleaned up his act and was written back in the way that I think anyone who messes up should be.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts