Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Austin Aries is an amazing athlete, superb on the Mic, is being built up very well, however Destination X may just be too soon for him to get a World Title match.

Think about it, he faces Roode for the Championship and Roode wins. Then what? There are quite a few months till bound for glory. What would Austin Aries do after he loses to Roode?

- He can't go back into the X Division as that would seem like a down grade.
- He has no heels to feud with in the Main Event scene, (Roode, Ray, Abyss, Daniels] The only one I think would be a real climb Aries could be using is a feud with Abyss right after Roode. This way, he could get Elevated to the Main Event Scene however! I doubt TNA would do that with Aries since Abyss might have a long war with Bully.
- After Storm wins the Title, Aries would be a face, so would Storm so that's not going to work.

What I want from TNA Generally:
----->TNA NEED MORE HEELS<-------

What I want Aries' direction to be:
1. Amazing 6* match with Roode, a real Clinic, Aries gets famous.
2. Aries vs Abyss after that and Aries goes over.
3. Bound For Glory: AJ Styles vs Austin Aries (Aries turns Heel) goes over
4. Storm vs Aries
5. Aries (World Champion) vs Kurt Angle. (Bound For Glory or Slammy)

What are your takes?
- Is that Big Push for the Title a bad decision? or a good decision by TNA so soon?
- What do you think TNA have planned for this guy?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that the AJ/Dixie storyline will hopefully be done soon so that would free up AJ for a feud with Aries. Aries is kind of a tweener so I can see that working, and the matches would be fantastic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I hope so, I hope it's a real long dramatic progression to Bound For Glory between Aries and Styles.

Although this is highly unlikely for now since I feel Angle/AJ is planned for Bound for Glory, it could be a classic, but I want a never seen before dream match like the earlier match I mentioned.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I think Aries might win at Destination X, but then again it's more likely Roode will retain to build up for Storm at BFG. Which I have no problem with. I'd love if Aries moved onto a feud with Daniels if he lost the match. The matches would be siiiiiick. Plus, this AJ/Dixie/Daniels/Kaz storyline is moving Daniels into the main event scene more, so it wouldn't be a huge stepdown for Aries.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
He's going to feud with either AJ or Angle after Roode.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turning Aries heel again when he has only recently turned face is a terrible idea.

The fans love him, no need to turn him heel.
Read what I said, (at Bound for Glory)

Other than that, this is why I feel he has no direction after this. If he's a face, he literally has no direction after this.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
Too often do promotions wait to long to pull the trigger on such popular acts. They need to give him the title while he's hot, rather than waiting another year.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Read what I said, (at Bound for Glory)

Other than that, this is why I feel he has no direction after this. If he's a face, he literally has no direction after this.
I read what you said, and turning him heel is dumb, and makes no sense.

The fans turned him face, they are not going to start booing him again anytime soon.

How do you know Roode and Aries wont continue to fued after this match? Neither are in the BFG series.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too often do promotions wait to long to pull the trigger on such popular acts. They need to give him the title while he's hot, rather than waiting another year.
I agree. I feel he should actually win the World Championship however now is just too soon. Roode vs Storm is the 1st real feud TNA have had in a long while.

Aries/Roode, Aries/AJ, Aries/Storm, Angle/Aries, Abyss/Aries seem like quite the matches.
Aries/Hardy seems like quite a match too, Ladder Match! However I think he needs to stay face through out, and only turning Heel when a real face starts emerging.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Why would Aries need to turn heel to face AJ Styles at BFG??? They could do a passing the torch match like Sting/AJ was a few years back at BFG. Besides the match would be alot better with both of them as faces ;)

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
It shouldn't be Aries vs Roode for the world title. I'd rather it just be X-Division champ vs World Champ non title match, champion vs champion. Or Aries vs AJ Styles.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
They can do the same thing they did with Sting vs Roode. Have Aries pin Roode in a tag match, and get DQ or count out wins over Roode. Roode keeps the title, and Aries is established as a main eventer for more title shots later on. A lot can be done with Aries for the next few years.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Not at all, it's a slow build and transitioning Aries into a solid main eventer and not a flukey Main Eventer who is over with the fans for 15 mins and then their exposure kills the vibe (Example = Zack Ryder). Aries won't win at Destination X but he'll come damn close, and if booked correctly his loss could give him momentum and handled correctly afterwards they could then build him on the road to taking the championship next year.

·
I AM NOT A BUTT!
4,646 Posts
Aries is clearly a tweener ala old school Jericho, I wouldn't worry about matching him up against faces, he's that good I full expect him to be able to generate heat the correct way.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I'd have Aries win, set up a rematch Roode regains title via cheating. Then it could be a 3 way to add a different element into the BFG match. 3 Good workers who can all work the mic would be a good idea.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
- Austin Aries doesn't need to win to get over
- Swerves are TNA's worst enemy
- Storm vs Roode is going to happen either you like it or not, there's no other way around it and prichard/lagana/myself couldn't give a bigger shit about being too "predictable"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts