Wrestling Forum banner

Austin Aries, among other Indy talents cut from Tough Enough

7947 Views 50 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  muttgeiger
Not a big indy follower, but I've heard Aries is one of the best ROH talents. They better have some really good talent on the show, if they couldn't put Aries in it:no:
Partial Source: Pwinsider

We noted earlier today here on the website that some independent wrestlers that were under consideration for the revival of Tough Enough and didn't make the final cut were Austin Aries, Mercedes Martinez, Joey Ryan, Brittney Savage and JD Maverick.

Another wrestler that was under consideration for the program noted that many of his peers echoed frustration after dealing with casting directors as he and others were led to believe they were going to be tapped for the show, only to never hear back again from them.

Many of the show's contestants have prior wrestling experience. Those names, however, have yet to be publicly disclosed. The only contestant announced thus far is Miss USA 2010 Rima Fakih. You can click here to view 20 smokin' hot photos of Rima Fakih. Wow.

Filming is ongoing and will conclude in late March.

Also, Steve Austin is not living in the house with the contestants.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
4,114 Posts
He is a great talent from what I've seen of his work, but unless WWE was to find him a productive role, I couldn't see him getting signed. His size, age (he's not old at all, but if the reports about them wanting guys under 30 are true then...) and perhaps the desire to mould their wrestlers according to the FCW training system work against him.

· Registered
654 Posts
i think tough enough uses people that are total noobs right?
Yes. I distinctly remember Al Snow teaching the contestants how to take their first bumps. I really don't know why people keep saying guys like Aries and Seth Rollins should be on Tough Enough, or are being cut from it, stuff like that.

Tough Enough is not like NXT. Unless they have made some kind of changes to the overall concept of Tough Enough, guys like Aries and Rollins were never even in the running for the show, because they already know how to wrestle.

Seriously, people, look up Tough Enough on Google or Wikipedia. It's a show where they teach people how to wrestle, not a kayfabe competition for FCW or indie guys. Sheesh.

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
the majority of the people that have been on tough enough were at least already trained to wrestle lol. probably had a few matches under their belt i would assume too. now a decade of experience? that's pretty long for this show, but yall really just got played by reality tv.

· Banned
10,616 Posts
My only guess is maybe they are trying to avoid a similar mistake they made with Kaval. Maybe they dont want to bring in these indy stars and waste them with nothing for them to do. Then again, it is WWE and perhaps they just missed the boat on this one.
If Kaval stayed a while longer, they would have done something with him.

· Registered
332 Posts
AA is a star thats for sure. He definitely is worthy to make it to the roster thats for sure.

Even though he didnt make TE, its basically for people who dont know how to wrestle so AA wouldnt fit in there.

He's much more needed on the main roster

· Registered
384 Posts
Jobbed Out:

I really don't give a rat's ass where Del Rio is billed from or is actually from, he's still a Ethnic JBL knockoff piece of crap who doesn't belong in the WWE.

And can you fucking read? I said Austin was better off not being in the WWE and that I'd rather not see his talents go to waste in their company.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Not impossible but no one of these guys ( exepct Rey Rey ) had/have doing big with it's time to play with some big dudes.... Bourne and Bryan have take a lot of beating from Sheamus,

don't know if the WWE still had the Cruiserweight Championship i would be happy to see Aries in the company but right now it's just irelevant

Just because they get their ass kicked by the bigger guys doesn't mean they aren't valuable to the show and the company. I'm sure Aries wouldn't mind not being world champ- the guy just wants a job. There are worse things than being a midcarder for the #1 company.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.