Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· ¡GOLDADO!
2,677 Posts
I wouldn't go that far. WWE know who he is now (not that they didn't before) and that he wants a WWE contract. They simply didn't want to put him on Tough Enough.

Besides, isn't he contracted to some indie company? That may be a part of the reason, because he'd have to make up the dates he missed while in the house (and risk spoiling his elimination) which would delay his return to WWE TV if he won.
Dragon Gate USA, I think

· Registered
25 Posts
Aries is a great talent in and out of the ring but I don't understand how on earth he could fit in TE. Silly unless they have changed the format of the show.

The size thing is not that big of a deal at this point. Smaller guys can get over in the WWE these days. The only negative I hear on Aries is that he can be a problem back stage.

Isn't that why ROH decided to get rid of him?

· Banned
266 Posts
They rejected Aries,wow,well as long as they embraced quality talent like Lucky Cannon or Jacob Novak its ok :lmao,fuckin retards.

· The Man Comes Around
8,805 Posts
Austin Aries is an awesome wrestler but the big problem is he 5ft9 and weigh 200 lbs, let's face it: WWE have zero interest for somebody like him even he's a great talent and even if they wanted sign Aries he'll be some Jamie Noble/James Gibson, gettin booked again some monster and take the squash.

· Registered
384 Posts
Well, Aries is 32 years old, been around the block for over a decade now. What are they going to do with him? I mean, the only "Little Big Man" the WWE ever promotes is Rey Mysterio. Granted, an Aries / Mysterio feud would be better than that MexiCali fuckshit JBL wannabe Alberto Del Rio. But then just about any of the cruiserweights feuding with Rey would be better than seeing Rey always being played as the underdog. But when they can't be bothered to use Chavo or Tatsu or really anybody to make them credible performers, I'd rather not see Austin's talents wasted.

And yes, he just signed to Dragon's Gate in January, but frankly WWE could buy out just about anybody's contract if they wanted them bad enough, so that's meaningless.

· ¡GOLDADO!
2,677 Posts
Well, Aries is 32 years old, been around the block for over a decade now. What are they going to do with him? I mean, the only "Little Big Man" the WWE ever promotes is Rey Mysterio. Granted, an Aries / Mysterio feud would be better than that MexiCali fuckshit JBL wannabe Alberto Del Rio. But then just about any of the cruiserweights feuding with Rey would be better than seeing Rey always being played as the underdog. But when they can't be bothered to use Chavo or Tatsu or really anybody to make them credible performers, I'd rather not see Austin's talents wasted.
u mad? Firstly del Rio isn't from Mexicali, secondly Aries is better off not in the WWE look at how TNA used him, can you see the 'E doing any better?

Shame since he's a better speaker and talent than about oh.......one-hundred-fuckin-percernt of their talent now. They just can't handle the fact that he's the greatest man they'd ever know.
Don't go overboard, I like Aries but he isn't better than Punk on the stick.

· Banned
1,074 Posts
Miss USA is a strange acquisition....probably part of WWE's 'A Diva of every colour' program.

But I'm sure it can only help (Publicity, casual viewers)

I feel sorry for Aries

· Registered
25 Posts
Austin Aries is an awesome wrestler but the big problem is he 5ft9 and weigh 200 lbs, let's face it: WWE have zero interest for somebody like him even he's a great talent and even if they wanted sign Aries he'll be some Jamie Noble/James Gibson, gettin booked again some monster and take the squash.

I love this argument because it ignores little guys like Rey, Bourne, Kendrick, and Bryan who the wwe has pushed. I do think it is harder for a smaller guy to make it in the WWE but not impossible.

and Jamie Noble is a terrible example. The guy had a bunch of chances to get over and it just never connected with the fans.

· Registered
3,502 Posts
A Double doesn't belong in TE, isn't that show made for people who want to learn how to wrestle? If there is a chance he could get on the mainroster I'd be quite happy, he's the best mic worker in the history of ROH imo (topping even likes of Nigel McGuinness and CM Punk) and he's very good in the ring aswell. The only problem he has is his size, he carries himself like a star but I don't know if WWE would like to push him. He's basically a mix of a bonefide maineventer and an undersized indy guy.

· The Man Comes Around
8,805 Posts
I love this argument because it ignores little guys like Rey, Bourne, Kendrick, and Bryan who the wwe has pushed. I do think it is harder for a smaller guy to make it in the WWE but not impossible.

and Jamie Noble is a terrible example. The guy had a bunch of chances to get over and it just never connected with the fans.
Not impossible but no one of these guys ( exepct Rey Rey ) had/have doing big with it's time to play with some big dudes.... Bourne and Bryan have take a lot of beating from Sheamus,

don't know if the WWE still had the Cruiserweight Championship i would be happy to see Aries in the company but right now it's just irelevant

· Registered
25 Posts
Maybe SD should bring the CW belt back and focus on some of the smaller guys there. The only problem with that belt is that it would have to be built back up (in a big way). Everyone looks at it like a minor belt and a guy like Bryan who has the US title would look like he was taking a step back if he was in the CW division. Maybe they need something like the x-division (ugh).

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.