Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
Word Life
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the wake of an incredible SummerSlam, a new challenger awaits Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns in former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. Don’t miss all the action of SmackDown, this Friday at 8/7 C on FOX.

Gauntlet Match to determine the no. 1 contender for the women's championship at Clash at The Castle.

Roman Reigns set to make an appearance.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd imagine Shayna as she was booked dominate in NXT before and it would be related to Ronda match. Wouldn't suprise me either if they went for a title change to Shayna as they could book it as Liv not being 100% and do the match as a ref stoppage similar to the Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn NXT title match years back.

Raquel would be another option as loved her NXT run as Big Mamma Cool but her Smackdown run as generic smiley face has been so disappointing.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
7,930 Posts
It's either Shayna or Raquel...and I am going with Shayna because she is a heel. Wouldn't be new to make someone the number 1 contender who hasn't won in months....until the latest match.

·
None. More. Hated.
Show Them The New Timeline.
16,028 Posts
It's either Shayna or Raquel...and I am going with Shayna because she is a heel. Wouldn't be new to make someone the number 1 contender who hasn't won in months....until the latest match.

Assuming they want to keep it on Liv..(Hunter may not want to, who knows) I don't see how Shayna or Raquel win. It would be the same thing as Ronda where realistically physically Liv would have no chance and super fuckery would have to ensue for her to win.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Reactions: M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Wouldn't mind Gunther vs Nakamura IC title at Clash as it has potential to be a great match. Gunther vs Sheamus would also be a great clash of the big men as well and even a 3 Way of Gunther vs Nakamura vs Sheamus would be awesome.

If not involved with IC title, Sheamus vs Butch could be a great 1 on 1 match as Butch was really good in NXT when he was Pete Dunne and I'd imagine he'll be Triple H project on Smackdown, similar to how Ciampa will be on Raw. Dunne vs Walter was one of the best matches from NXT so would be great if we get them fighting over IC title at some point.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
No, it was just Nakamura wanting a shot at Gunther but getting to face Ludwig instead, they never said it was to get a title shot if he won.
I could have sworn that in one of their matches it was said that if Nakamura wins the match he gets a shot and he did win, man WWE's booking is turning me into a senile man like Vince

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
Smackdown plans/spoiler
Fightful Select has exclusively reported what we will see tonight on SmackDown, in addition to all the matches and segments that WWE has already announced during the day:

Ricochet vs. Happy Corbin
Video package The Usos-Sami Zayn
Video package Ronda Rousey-Liv Morgan
If Nakamura wins, he will have a fight for the Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. ludwig kaiser
Liv Morgan Promo
Gauntlet match for a shot at the SmackDown Women's Championship
Drew Gulak will fight in a tag team match vs. viking raiders
Kofi Kingston vs. Erik
Roman Reigns promo with The Usos

1 - 20 of 251 Posts