Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to go on a wrestling site, watch a wrestling show, or even talk about wrestling without someone saying boy attitude era was the best! pg era sucks!
i hear that way to often, but ruthless aggression is hardly ever mentioned, it seems like people seem to ignore any other era other than attitude, now i personally love the aggression era it was a fresh coming of the wwe, i enjoyed the diva matches, aggression was the new breed, freshness that the wwe needed, but no one really mentions ruthless aggression,
why? is it cause it's to soon to mention it? or is it that the attitude era was so great? I do not like the attitude era as much as a lot of guys do. mostly cause that was way before my time, but even when i watch old matches i'm bored!
so my question is what era is the best? now this can be any era from any time..

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I liked Ruthless Aggression, the roster was stacked and the in ring work was better than the Attitude Era. But it just seemed to lack the spark that the Attitude Era had. It was more predictable, slower paced and didnt have the same anything can happen, must watch "holy shit" vibe or anywhere near as many classic moments. The Monday Night Wars added a lot to the buzz of the AE too which RA didnt have.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Attitude era destroys ruthless aggression when it comes to big time moments and better storylines. Awful years like 03 and 06 were apart of ruthless aggression..

AE wins

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The Ruthless Aggression era had the better wrestling, the roster was filled with some of the best in-ring performers of all time.
The Attitude Era was all about the superior story telling and was also obviously the boom period in pro wrestling, the wrestling side was still good but came second to the story the majority of the time.
Both had their positives and probably attracted different viewers but the attitude era had the biggest draw in the history of the business (see below)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts