Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres Chris Jericho Opinion

WWE star Chris Jericho spoke to Fanhouse.com to promote his new “Downfall” game show – which premieres tonight at 8pm ET on ABC.

Here’s what Jericho said about:

Jericho’s WWE Contract Expiring: “Yeah, it’s coming up fairly soon, it’s coming up very soon. It’s one of those things we’ve been talking about for a while to get it rolling again. Like I said, to me, I’ll leave the business when I’m ready to and I’m not ready yet. I still want to continue to work. I still have some things that I can offer. I still think I’m among the best in what I do, if not the best just because of the fact I have 20 years of experience which is a rare thing nowadays. You can’t teach experience. You can teach someone to do a promo kind of, you can teach someone to do a move but you can’t teach someone experience.

Attitude Era vs. TV PG: “PG, I think, is a great idea. To me, the Attitude Era was stupid. Hot Lesbian Action and Meat with a (expletive) (expletive) in his pants because he has a (expletive) and Mark Henry getting a (expletive) from a guy and necrophilia. That’s not entertaining by anybody’s standards. That’s just stupid and I never liked that stuff. For me, for them to go family oriented, I’m all for it. It’s family oriented but in this day and age where you can still go out there and have kick ass matches. It’s still edgy, there’s still great characters. I’ve got no problem with it. I like it much better than the Attitude Era because I thought the Attitude Era was just childish, dropping (expletive) on each another and stuff. C’mon, that’s not funny if you’re five years old.”

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's easy for Jericho to say because he's over and established. It's harder for faces to get over nowadays because theres never anything that makes them stand out. They come out, smile, and have all these limitations because they're not allowed to do this and that without offending one of WWE's almighty sponsors. EVERYONE in the Attitude Era was over, everybody stood out. I'd take Katie Vick over this "era" anyday.

Reactions: Hazzard

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't think that anybody under contract has one bad thing to say about PG. When they leave, like Batista, thats a different story.

Reactions: Hazzard

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I swear this is about 3 or 4 months old now. I've read those exact words in that exact order about the PG rating before.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I thought the Attitude Era was just childish, dropping (expletive) on each another and stuff. C’mon, that’s not funny if you’re five years old.”
I usually agree with Jericho and his opinions but cmon, how can you NOT say the same thing about today's era?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't like it, I've all but stopped watching smackdown, I only watch Raw every now and then. It's just gotten so boring, I don't care if they bring back all of the sexual and 6th grade humor, but they could throw a few bra/panties matches my way. Maybe let Orton act like the madman he pretends to be without having to tone it down. It's just lame, but I guess WWE is back where it was 15 years ago and TNA is becoming what WCW became(edgier storylines, gang warfare, ect) and sooner or later vince will start to lose a few viewers to TNA and then the pg era will end.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
He's not wrong. Jericho in 2008 eclipsed anything he did or said in this business before. Loved the honest man gimmick. Yes, calling people ass clowns was hilarious, but it has nowhere near the depth of his modern gimmick.

A great wrestler can get himself over in any era no matter the limits. However, the greatest of all time, Steve Austin, needed the attitude era to cement himself as the true 'best'.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,937 Posts
He only said PG cause he works for WWE. I bet his answer would have been Aggression Era if he weren't scared.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
He only said PG cause he works for WWE. I bet his answer would have been Aggression Era if he weren't scared.
You hit the nail on the head there.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think he is saying that to get on Vince and the WWE's good side. Not to mention Jericho arguably had the best days of his wrestling career during the PG era. While guys like Stone Cold and The Rock were THE ONLY THING you saw in attitude.

I agree with Chris. Except I liked HHH better during attitude.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I think he said it because it is his honest oppinion, and some of his fans are just butthurt that he does not agree with them that "THA ATTITUDE ERA Waz tha bezt thing EVarzzz", and therefore makes up the excuse, that it is because he is still employed. Jericho is a honest man. Always has been, always will be.

Just a guess.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Wow, out of everything the Attitude Era gave us he remembers Mark Henry getting a blowjob and necrophilia, what a fuckin douchebag. What about the rise Of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, DX vs The Nation, the great crowds etc, did he suddenly get amnesia? oh no he didn't..he still works for WWE.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well I do agree with Jericho that the Attitude Era had some pretty stupid stuff, but what is missing now as opposed to that era is the Character differences.

I had no idea that Cena was still a "Rapper" until I heard his latest (horrid) song (if you choose to call it that). I think thats why I was so much of a fan of Sheamus and Kingston when they first entered, because they atleast had something that stood them out (Irish, Jamaican) from the usual "generic guy #104" (Rhodes, Dibiase, etc.).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts