Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the Old School edition of Raw last night.

How about an Attitude Era throwback special next time?

Linda lost the election, I don't think turning to TV-14 for just one night only wouldn't kill the company.

Let the kids sleep and kick them out of arena and have a 3-hour special of Attitude Era.

Inviting back all the big names during those times highlighted by returns of Steve Austin and The Rock.

Undertaker in Ministry of Darkness outfit, Kane with a mask, Edge & Christian with the old entrance from the crowd, Reunion of real DX with Triple H, NAO, X-Pac and Chyna. Dudleyz, APA, etc..

All Attitude era stars crossing with the current stars just like last night.

I think that could be an awesome show.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
For the love of Koko B. Ware will you just get over the fucking attitude era, it ain't coming back, not even as a 3 hour special

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
For the love of Koko B. Ware will you just get over the fucking attitude era, it ain't coming back, not even as a 3 hour special
I wish I could rep this post more than once. To the OP, think about it, really think about it, do you really want to see the kind of crap that would be brought back for that show? Trust me, it won't be the things you want, it'll be the kind of shit Vince Russo is currently giving us on Impact.

Now, if you were asking for a Ruthless Agression special I'd be behind you 100%.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The original TLC might work if the Dudley Boyz hadn't just retired, Jeff Hardy wasn't on TNA awaiting the arrival of his brother, and Edge and Christian didn't have a real-life animosity towards each other.

Don't quote me on that one, it's just that there was no move for a reunion in Edge's initial face turn and they weren't both swapped

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
After Raw ended last night I said the same thing that they should do an Attitude Era type show. If only just for one night so they can bring a few of the guys back who was around during that time. They do have to go all out like how they did back then with the cursing and tv-14 type of vibe. Just bring back the attiude era Raw stage and music.

Why are you all jumping on the original poster for suggestion this? I think if done right it could be a good show. It's not like he is saying PG sucks bring the attitude era back full time. It would just be for one night to give us a feel on how the shows used to be. If only for the look if anything. Just like the old school Raw did for us last night.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Everybody knows that was the worst time period ever. Nobody wants to see the evil Attitude Era now. :rolleyes:
All of WWE's sponsors would go crazy.
:lmao your avi...WTF!

·
Banned
328 Posts
Bingo.

I am not opposed to the idea. They would have to be selective in the things they choose to bring back though. I wouldn't want to see all the retarded stuff like Mae giving birth to a hand or a dildo on a pole match. It'd be awesome to hear some promos from Rock and Austin. Like someone else said, get Ministry Undertaker back, as well as the Brood and have the four of them be a team in an 8-man tag match against DX, which would consist of HHH, NAO and X-Pac or HBK. I don't think it's realistic to get the Hardyz or Dudleyz back. But I would see about Al Snow w/ Head, Val Venis, Godfather, Mankind, Sable, Terri, Sunny, Masked Kane, etc. It wouldn't have to be dirty and ridiculous to be awesome.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I dont think Linda losing would make a difference in what happens in wwe. lol

it's the market audience that WWE is always aimed its product at.

·
Registered
610 Posts
What makes me laugh is these "attitude era marks" come out asking for a special but don't even know the score with most of the attitude era talent....

NAO will NEVER ever return to a wwe programme its well known they have massive beef with triple H
X-Pac will not return as he openly admits he would not pass the drug testing programme.
Austin returns periodically anyway and his gimmick has never changed over the years.
The Rock would not return to a ring as it is of no benefit to him as a movie star.
Undertaker and Kane are using their attitude era gimmicks already
Mick Foley coming back as Dude or Mankind would just be silly plus he has stronger TNA ties atm anyhoot
Speaking of TNA check that roster...

/thread and hopefully discussion.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I believe the attitude era special was the 15th Anniversary Show. That show was filled with neato mark out moments and was nostalgiarific.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts