Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know people always like bringing up archives of things from along time ago, but I came across this site(from another thread on this forum) and you can see peoples comments on things happening in the WWF around this time.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....4252e?q=wwf+undertaker+sucks#3108fd3da534252e

Basically bashing on Undertaker. Saying he's old, no longer as good as he used to be, his old gimmick was better(where have we heard that before,when talking about any veteran star)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....a2b4d5ffd9?q=wwf+austin+draw#03c838a2b4d5ffd9

Could it be! A thread about someone no selling something on Raw! And this was Austin of all people, in a memorable moment on Raw as well!

http://groups.google.com/group/t-ne...32cf21fe4768b?q=austin+sucks#92732cf21fe4768b

Just from the OP alone, you can tell how a post like this is seem on this site about someone like Orton,Punk, basically every single week.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....q=wwf+raw+ratings+viewership#926894d7a777fdfd

In this thread, the topic of debate...WWF and Wrestling is no longer cool(this was in 1999...)

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Undertaker not being good as he used to be. :lmao

His best years were from 2000 and on. :lmao (I know this is hindsight but still hilarious)

God, people were just as bad then.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I find it funny that that stuff is from like 98-99, when I think WWF was pretty much in its prime. If only those people could see what they were going to be spoon fed a couple years later...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Maybe those are the same people who are on these threads today?

Cause a teenager in attitude era would be in their 20s-30s today, and that seems to be around average age of this site.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
Wrestling wasn't cool back then? Whut?

It was at the height of coolness. Everyone from school right to work would talk about it and not feel like he's been a GEEK.

Jesus, them golden era marks.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Can't blame them.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Just shows that people are never satisfied. I also thought a lot of stuff was overrated at the time. Add to the fact that most people on this site are 16 year old "Attitude Era" droolers who actually weren't watching at the time, of course.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Good stuff. I'm a nostalgia freak so I love things like this. Especially when it comes to everyday people and what they were talking about back in the days.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....q=wwf+raw+ratings+viewership#926894d7a777fdfd

In this thread, the topic of debate...WWF and Wrestling is no longer cool(this was in 1999...)
One of my favorite debates in wrestling. Especially when it comes to that era. Cool to go back in time and re-read history from the fans' point of view on this one.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
the iwc has always been in a vicious cycle

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
I don't know why people are so surprised by this, did you expect everyone to unanimously love the product back then?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know why people are so surprised by this, did you expect everyone to unanimously love the product back then?
Based on how people on here talk about attitude era. I'd have expected like 99% of people who talk about wrestling back then, to like it.

More surprising thing is how the exact same things that are said about guys today were said about some of the top stars in WWE history like Taker and Austin.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
Not surprised at all, one thing that all wrestling fans have in common(no matter what era or generation)is that they will find something about the product to complain about. I find it funny how people like Undertaker, Austin, Foley and especially The Rock were heavily criticize by the IWC back then, while in todays era those same guys are praised by the IWC.

Jericho spoke nothing but the truth back in 2008. Wrestling fans are truly one of the biggest hypocrites in the world.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Wow, so there were a few clueless people not loving the product on the internet. Tell that to the live crowds who were going crazy for every jobber in the arenas and selling out every building in the world.

About Taker, he was injured a lot during that time, and not even off TV, he worked injured and you could see that on him. Because of that, most of the time he wasn't able to deliver a main event performance for the high standards back then. He was still an awesome character and over huge as usual.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
it's interesting going back old post it seems IWC never change...back then there's alot of people in IWC want Austin Turn heel in 2000 if he come back because of Rock popularity but in 2001 by WM period WWE came out with new policy confiscating anti-rock sign.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Everybody always thinks their thing was the best. I remember someone recently saying "these new power rangers suck, whatever happened to the good ones from when I was a kid?" Pure nostalgia.

Shits a disease man lol.

My wrestling watching spans about 4-5 eras: golden age, new gen, ae, ruthless agg, and now. And I've never had a problem just sittin back enjoying the product as it is.

I know its hard to believe but some people prefer "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan to Bret Hart and prefer Bret Hart to Stone Cold (okay I fit into the latter) but that's because you mentally put your childhood heroes on a pedestal and over time you begin to exaggerate their greatness.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fast forward in 10 years Cena will considered to be greatest
lol probably.

And whoever is the top guy in WWE, will be hated more than ever. Either cause he can't sell merchandise(cause he's someone who has most fans 18+,but little kids don't like him,so his merchandise sales suffer), or he can't wrestle, or he can't draw, or he can't walk properly, or the way he holds the mic isn't good, or w/e other reason people in 10 years can think of to not like someone

·
The legend never dies
4,358 Posts
thats hilarious, i guess people on the internet back then didn't realise how great the wwf was back then, id take the 95-04 wwe anyday over now adays

1 - 20 of 25 Posts