Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say WWE did an Old School RAW for the Attitude Era and the show ended with Rock, Austin, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Kane and Mick Foley all getting in the ring cutting a promo about how the 7 of them changed wrestling forever over 10 years ago, how people are still talking about it to this day. I could see Mick Foley leading the way with a big motivational speech. I'd mark if they all shook hands and lined up raising each others hands. That would be one of the most historical moments of all time, in my opinion.

How bad would you mark out if this happened?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've always wanted WWE to do something like that. Not just an alumni reunion, but an APPRECIATION. Those 7 men did more for wrestling in 4 or 5 years than 100's in both major companies (referring to WCW). If they did do something like that, I'm sure they'll wait until Taker, Kane and HHH are all retired as well.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Not gonna happen.

What does anyone benefit from putting a group of guys like that in the ring and letting them blow their own horns about something they did a decade ago? That doesn't benefit the current product and it's also not in most of their styles to do so.

Confrontation between all of those guys on a special Raw aimed at the Attitude Era fans - sure, could be great. But not like that.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not gonna happen.

What does anyone benefit from putting a group of guys like that in the ring and letting them blow their own horns about something they did a decade ago? That doesn't benefit the current product and it's also not in most of their styles to do so.

Confrontation between all of those guys on a special Raw aimed at the Attitude Era fans - sure, could be great. But not like that.
That's what would make it special, is the fact that it's not their styles, it's a moment you wouldn't see coming.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thats basically a dream moment for me, I think I would actually cry because the times that those guys provided for me were the happiest of my life.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Never going to happen. I wouldn't want it to happen either. Would be weird to see all the attitude greats cutting a promo of how great they were together. Goes against Taker's image too.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
That is a legit M.E.M. there.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not gonna happen.

AGREED

·
Registered
317 Posts
Don't think it will happen soon, but some time in the future there's always the probability of doing something similar to the 'Raw goes Old School' and bringing these 7 men back on a show together. I doubt they would cut a promo self-proclaiming their greatness, but I see it more as an appreciation night so that the fans and the superstars of the Attitude Era can share a final moment together.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think a Wrestlemania moment this year with Austin, Rock and Triple H would be just as good.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think a Wrestlemania moment this year with Austin, Rock and Triple H would be just as good.
That would be more realistic.

All I could imagine from the OP was Kane, Taker, Triple H, Austin, Rock and Foley stood in the ring with this guy watching on.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
That would be more realistic.

All I could imagine from the OP was Kane, Taker, Triple H, Austin, Rock and Foley stood in the ring with this guy watching on.

It's still real to me, dammit!

But seriously, seeing all 7 of those guys in the same spot together after all this time would be awesome....probably not as a promo, but if they ended up in standing in the ring somehow and all have a stare-down, then followed by all of them raising each others hands, yeah, that would be pretty special.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts