Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So ROH is coming to Minnesota on April 25th. It's at the Hopkins Community Center. I've never attended a ROH show or any kind of event at that venue. I'm having a hard time deciding on what row I should buy for tickets. So I was hoping anyone who's attended an ROH show or even more specifically an ROH show at Hopkins could share their opinions on seating. I know it may seem like a trivial matter but I don't know if I want to spend $120 for two front row seats if getting say general admission seats would be just fine.

I don't know how ROH does seating. Is it just folding chairs and they can be moved around a bit for extra space? Or are they zip tied together so you can't move and are crammed together? Or what?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Hey guys,

So ROH is coming to Minnesota on April 25th. It's at the Hopkins Community Center. I've never attended a ROH show or any kind of event at that venue. I'm having a hard time deciding on what row I should buy for tickets. So I was hoping anyone who's attended an ROH show or even more specifically an ROH show at Hopkins could share their opinions on seating. I know it may seem like a trivial matter but I don't know if I want to spend $120 for two front row seats if getting say general admission seats would be just fine.

I don't know how ROH does seating. Is it just folding chairs and they can be moved around a bit for extra space? Or are they zip tied together so you can't move and are crammed together? Or what?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
I now always try to get front row for ROH and other indy-style shows. You're on top of the action and they might end up on top of you, haha. You get to bang on the tin ROH signs that line the security barrier and it adds to the experience IMO.

Haven't been to a show at that venue, but never seen chairs tied together at any indy show but you can only get extra room if you're at the end of a row because they're packed pretty close together.

There will be, in most cases, chairs on all four sides of the ring and on the entrance-way side there will be two sections with an aisle down the middle (with security barriers) and the seats on either side.

Bring streamers to throw into the ring when people you like are introduced, or after a really good match. Rolls are really too big for throwing, so what we do is unwind them and make two rolls out of one (tearing it off when one is halfway unwound, secure it with a bit of tape so it won't come undone by itself).

You should have a great time. I've never felt like I didn't get my money's worth from an ROH show.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Get as close as possible and have fun.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Was on the front row for Supercard of Honor last year in NOLA before WM30.

We're watching the action in front of us in the ladder match and "outta nowhere" me and my buddy are being pushed to the side from behind by Michael Bennett, who has come through the crowd to interfere.

Cool beans.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,491 Posts
Save your money, ROH shows in lesser cities suck. Trust me, I've been to a few in St. Paul when they ran shows in The Armory.

Plus, ROH in 2015? lol no.

Edit: Not to be too negative, definitely spring for first 3 rows. You're still close enough not to have an obstructed view and still interact with wrestlers.

I kept disctracting Larry Sweeney during ROH Driven 2007 in Chicago during Nigel/Hero (on DVD only). He almost missed a spot because he was trying to put Bobby Dempsey's fatass in front of me.

Oh and at ROH Return Engagement in Chicago, there is a spot where Chris Sabin does a tope con hilo onto the Briscoes and he gets so much air that he lands feet first onto the first row chairs...his left foot is on the chair in front of me.

Edit 2: I also peed next to Roderick Strong one time in Chicago during Better Than Our Best. Should I keep bragging about how much better Chicago is than other cities?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts