Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NBA
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atomic Drop:

Or Crossface Chiken Wing:

Which one out of his two regular finishers you think was the better one?

He also used the bridging back suplex and the bridging craddle from time to time, but not on an often enough basis to be viewed as his signature finishers.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
Well Cross Face for sure....

The amount of Backlund threads sure has picked up around here lately

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Has the old-school atomic drop even been done in the WWE since like the early 90s? It's pretty much the epitome of a move that never crossed over as wrestling became more modernized.

·
NBA
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The amount of Backlund threads sure has picked up around here lately
I'm not superstitious by any means but I think this could be the wrestling gods' way of punishing us for all those spammed Rock threads. We are paying for our sins.

Are you Backlund's son?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Mr. Backlund threads > Rock threads

Crossface Chickenwing all the way. Old school Atomic Drop is a weak finisher.

Storytime: My school was plagued by a Chickenwing epidemic during Mr. Backlund's 1994 resurgence. For a while there you were lucky to walk down the hallway without getting Chickenwinged. One of my most memorable school moments is the time the principal came on over the intercom to say something like "any student caught putting another in the so-called Chickenwing will be suspended." Glorious. Mr. Backlund was over like rover in 1994 Baltimore County.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,737 Posts
Storytime: My school was plagued by a Chickenwing epidemic during Mr. Backlund's 1994 resurgence. For a while there you were lucky to walk down the hallway without getting Chickenwinged. One of my most memorable school moments is the time the principal came on over the intercom to say something like "any student caught putting another in the so-called Chickenwing will be suspended." Glorious. Mr. Backlund was over like rover in 1994 Baltimore County.
I don't know why, but this made me giggle like an idiot. I love it.

·
NBA
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For a while there you were lucky to walk down the hallway without getting Chickenwinged. One of my most memorable school moments is the time the principal came on over the intercom to say something like "any student caught putting another in the so-called Chickenwing will be suspended." Glorious. Mr. Backlund was over like rover in 1994 Baltimore County.
Baltimore County rules.

Reactions: ByTor
1 - 10 of 10 Posts