Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrladAnUANM

Looking at these videos it is very sad to realize that nowadays promos like these are simply nonexistent.

What happened? It seems that what all wrestlers have gained in ring skills overall, they have completely lost it in the art of cutting a good promo. Most wrestlers simply show 0 intensity when doing a promo, they look like pre-programmed robots with no emotions. Most of them don't even have the guts to look at the camera and feel like the center of the show, they just want the spotlight away from them as soon as possible and end the promo quickly.

What are your thoughts? Maybe it´s the classical overrating what's old, because everybody forgets bad things with time, but I really think this is one of the biggest issues today.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Just shows why WWE needs diverse gimmicks again.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
The boys are not allowed to think of their own material. Seems it's important to have nerd, Hollywood-wannabe writers write their corn for them.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
It's truly one of the saddest things that are missing in WWE today are these kinda things.

·
Registered
88 Posts
To be fair, it helps to have talent who has good promo-cutting skills. Now you have guys that can either cut a promo but can't wrestle worth two shits(Miz, Ryder,etc) or talent who can wrestle their ass off but their promo skills aren't that hot (Daniel Bryan, Natayla, etc).

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
WWE shifted from intensity to reality based fighting promos.
And shifted from boom period to shit low ratings period as a result.
The Attitude Era was a great example of reality based promos that still had larger than life characters and this big time feeling that makes pro wrestling so unique.
The current reality crap is exciting and larger than life like listening to your 2 neighbours talking in front of your house.
It's like watching interviews with amateur wrestlers and not promos of pro wrestlers

Speaking of, I miss this kind of lost promos:lmao

·
18,013 Posts
The Attitude Era was a great example of reality based promos that still had larger than life characters and this big time feeling that makes pro wrestling so unique.
The current reality crap is exciting and larger than life like listening to your 2 neighbours talking in front of your house.
It's like watching interviews with amateur wrestlers and not promos of pro wrestlers

This is exactly what we need back, gimmicks and promo's!

Slowly but surely they are getting there and going that way (a good thing!!!), but still, they need to concentrate more on these things I think, the product would increase loads then.

·
Butter My Arse
11,776 Posts

THE greatest promo in wrestling history. Holy shit, me and a mate had an absolute fit watching this a few years back. When Brian Knobbs loses his shit (and his coat and glasses) and yells 'YOU FOUR BOZOS!' I just guffaw like a cunt every single time.

·
18,013 Posts
I miss the backgrounds a lot of the old promos had Wish they would bring that back

Yeah, I've thought that loads of times, they looked SO good did those things, they so SHOULD bring them back .. big time!!!!!

Imagine seeing Axel, Shield, Punk, Cena so on and so forth with these kinda promo's and back drops, it would look AWESOME!!!

Vince if you're reading this ... sort it out!!!!! lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts