Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have they always done this on smackdown or did they start when really noticed the crowds weren't as into the show anymore?

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I was watching some clips from Smackdown in 2001 and I definitely heard some fake reactions. I'm pretty sure they have always done it, but the last few years probably more often due to dead crowds.

·
Really?
184 Posts
Yeah it's been going on for a long time. It really irritates me too, and is actually one of the reasons I rarely watch Smackdown anymore. I just can't get into it as much when I know the crowd reactions are edited. Especially, I don't how to describe it, it's like the really high pitched cheer they do, for example every time the screen comes up showing what matches are on that night, I'm sure you know what I mean. It's horribly annoying.

But yeah, that. One of the reasons I love Raw is the crowds, how divided they are, like last week how you get those cheering for Cena and the others cheering for Punk.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Yeah it's been going on for a long time. It really irritates me too, and is actually one of the reasons I rarely watch Smackdown anymore. I just can't get into it as much when I know the crowd reactions are edited. Especially, I don't how to describe it, it's like the really high pitched cheer they do, for example every time the screen comes up showing what matches are on that night, I'm sure you know what I mean. It's horribly annoying.

But yeah, that. One of the reasons I love Raw is the crowds, how divided they are, like last week how you get those cheering for Cena and the others cheering for Punk.
I certainly do ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEuFreVC5g

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
im not sure how long, but the fake cheers really drive me crazy...why cant they just leave the real crowd noises, and if its weak than surely they can just turn up the volume a bit??....

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It's been going on forever. Hell, if I were running a taped wrestling show, I'd probably do the same thing. The kiddie target audience won't know the difference.

Besides, without editing, we have no idea how kids might interpret the utter silence during anything Drew McIntyre!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It's not just SD though, it's like any promo video where fan reactions are added into the video, it gets annoying but people need to stop blaming the current superstars or pg rating for the edited reaction. It's been like this since the WWF so dont blame anything now

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It's fucking annoying.

I noticed it just the other week. Chris Masters was coming out, and UNTIL MASTERS GOT CLOSE TO TEH END OF THE RAMP, THEEEEEEEN DID THE CROWD GO AAUAAAAAAUUUUUUUEAHHHHHHH. It's so stupid.

Hopefully they fix it, because, while I watch SD! every week, it kinda gets to you knowing "sweet, nobody's enjoying the match".

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
Since the beginning of Smackdown. The funny thing is that the fake SD noises were originally from early taped Raw episodes.
Church!

p.s. While we're on the subject, I remember on WCW Saturday Night (for those who watched it on CFCF 12 (aka CTV) in Canada) back in 1998 more specificaly, they sometimes had this recurring crowd reaction with more particularly a guy screaming (something the likes a drunk would do with a sort of failed Flair 'WOOO'!)...

·
You might very well think that; I couldn't possibl
5,215 Posts
Please. They've been editing crowd reactions for years now. When you've been a wrestling fan for as long as I have (five years), you notice these things and learn not to care.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts