Wrestling Forum banner

Who out of the 3 can get the most over given the best scenario?

• Seth Rollins

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Roman Reigns

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Dean Ambrose

Votes: 42 34.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: At this point in their careers, who Shield member has the potential to be the most over?

Actually, no. Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs John Cena from Survivor Series 2009 had the worst build up in history.

Excuses, excuses, excuses to justify these continual failures. Any other main eventer on that roster would've gotten over in that match. How many failures before it's his fault? It's always somebody else, yet countless main eventers have been popular despite bad booking.
The problem lies in the fact that Roman was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The 2015 Royal Rumble wasn't his time. Fans rejected it. Yet, they kept pushing him. The more the fans boo-ed Roman, the longer he stayed in the main event. As they did this, they kept making the situation worse for Roman Reigns's character. Booking him into a corner was their greatest sin. He was rushed to the top and nailed in at the top of the mountain for the world to rip him apart.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Re: At this point in their careers, who Shield member has the potential to be the most over?

The problem lies in the fact that Roman was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The 2015 Royal Rumble wasn't his time. Fans rejected it. Yet, they kept pushing him. As they did this, the kept making the situation worse for Roman Reigns's character. Booking him into a corner was their greatest sin. He was rushed to the top and nailed in at the top of the mountain for the world to rip him apart.
The only reason it wasn't his time is because he's not talented or likable. I don't want to hear the excuse "Daniel Bryan HAD to win the Rumble, he just HAD to". No he didn't. Bray Wyatt eliminated Bryan, and guess what, nobody booed Bray Wyatt during or after that match, and they'd have been fine with him winning. Hell, I seem to recall a point in that match where the fans wanted it. Maybe thats me projecting but I distinctly recall that. I can think of a handful of guys who could've won that match without a riot happening.

They made it worse with their booking, but Roman is not The Rock. He will not magically become a star one day, he doesn't have the tools.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts

I biased but I'm going with Dean Ambrose. Contrary to popular belief the company does act like they're high on him. Kayfabe wise he has come out on top for most of the Shield angles. Although it wasn't as glorious as AJ he still pinned Cena clean. He cuts 10/10 promos when the producers don't tell him to squirt mustard at someone. I think he reached the highest level of being over when he was white hot in 2014.

I'd like to see both Roman and Seth survive the bullshit Dean has gone through with booking and creative. Roman has been protected ever since he stepped foot on the main roster, as has Seth. Dean has had to deal with being buried by Lesnar at mania.
He lost every match against those two except for the triple threat. How is that "most angles?"

But I agree with the rest. The fact that he's still over despite all of the bullshit just proves that he's better than the other two hacks.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts

I still don't get why they won't turn Reigns heel. Honestly his own cousin was turned heel because he sucked as a pure babyface known as Rocky Maivia.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts

Roman still has potential to be the biggest star but they need to turn him heel and quick. Make him a nasty fucker heel and push the stupid PG boundaries to the maximum. People completely forget the heat Dwayne had when they continued to push him as as a baby face and the crowd rejected it, Die Rocky die, Die Rocky die etc. All it took was one decent promo and he had turned .Slowly the crowd started to respond to him and the rest is history. Roman can be saved and to say he cant is just plain fucking stupid and short sighted. Wrestling fans are the most fickle bunch in the world and if booked correctly Roman could have them eating out of his hands within a year. Like him or not he does have the look, he is much better in the ring than people give him credit for and he has massive potential. Granted he is poor on the mic but the shit he is given to work with does not help. The likes of Edge, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton have never been anything special on the mic but look at how much them guys got over at some stage of their careers. Book him correctly and he can deliver

Seth could have been the main man but his chicken shit runaway heel reign as champion has done him the world of damage. Even now as a face he is still booked shit. The injury and lengthy lay off did not help though but he is very similar to Roman. He has all the main attributes that are needed to become a massive superstar but they have not got the slightest idea of how to book him

Dean to me is just a mid card geek and will never be nothing more. He is boring on the mic and is by far the worst of the 3 on in ring talent. The same boring matches with the same boring moves week after week. The other two have massive amounts of untapped potential but for me Dean has already peaked and has been as high as he is ever going to go in the WWE

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,360 Posts

These threads are beyond stupid, but I feel good about Rollins' future since he survived his horrific booking last year AND an injury that kept him out for the first half of 2016, and is still getting good, and very consistent reactions every week from city to city. That shows there is a connection there. Just keep him face, idiots..

·
Banned
1,269 Posts

Actually, no. Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs John Cena from Survivor Series 2009 had the worst build up in history.

Excuses, excuses, excuses to justify these continual failures. Any other main eventer on that roster would've gotten over in that match. How many failures before it's his fault? It's always somebody else, yet countless main eventers have been popular despite bad booking.
No, not even fucking close, Lesnar vs Reigns didn't even had a build up to beging with, it didn't do anything for Reigns, who already had been booked like the whole year prior that match.

You people criticize Reigns, but you seem to have him on a very high standar, where who is a kind of miraculous talent who should turn shit into gold just because he's Roman motherfucking Reigns, so everything is a excuse with him.

But when your fatass boy Kevin Owens is having the worst title reign in fucking history, is all bookings fault, yeah, excues... Fucking excuses.

·
Registered
51 Posts

The only reason it wasn't his time is because he's not talented or likable. I don't want to hear the excuse "Daniel Bryan HAD to win the Rumble, he just HAD to". No he didn't. Bray Wyatt eliminated Bryan, and guess what, nobody booed Bray Wyatt during or after that match, and they'd have been fine with him winning. I can think of a handful of guys who could've won that match without a riot happening.

They made it worse with their booking, but Roman is not The Rock. He will not magically become a star one day, he doesn't have the tools.
He wasn't ready. That is debatable.

I will leave you with an interesting tweet.

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/803443132775931905

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dean and Roman,

I say Dean because he still has yet to play a heel, sinister, psychotic Heath Ledger type character that he is so good at. And if WWE lets him off the restrictions, he would be the most despicable guy on the roster. Also, as charisma and mannerisms go, Dean is the best imo, ROman is too robotic and has the same tone each time, Seth is little less robotic than Roman, but not close to Ambrose. Ambrose might be the worst of the three in the ring, but he is undoubtley the best on the mic, as a character, and charisma-wise.

Roman would be really good as a heel, like a corporate heel like Rollins was, this time he actually has beef with the crowd so he already has the animosity with the crowd. He would be a mega heel, he by far, in the shield, has the msot presence and that helps when it comes to big time matches. And with his smug character, he could be very over. And if WWE lets him off restrictions, he wont have to worry about mic work, because all he has to do is shoot each time and be a douche, which by some of his interviews, he is good at doing.

I really want to say Seth, as babyface, the role he is best at, but I cant because WWE cant book valiant, badass babyfaces anymore like ROH Rollins. Only babyfaces the could book are anti-hero badassess like Austin, Rock, or goody-two shoes cookie cutter babyfaces like Cena. And both of them they arent good at.

No, not even fucking close, Lesnar vs Reigns didn't even had a build up to beging with, it didn't do anything for Reigns, who already had been booked like the whole year prior that match.

You people criticize Reigns, but you seem to have him on a very high standar, where who is a kind of miraculous talent who should turn shit into gold just because he's Roman motherfucking Reigns, so everything is a excuse with him.

But when your fatass boy Kevin Owens is having the worst title reign in fucking history, is all bookings fault, yeah, excues... Fucking excuses.
Well, Roman was the one who guys put him over other legends like Austin, Hogan, Rock, Cena, Undertaker, etc.

He also was the only one on the roster who even stood toe-to-toe with Lesner.

And he was also the only one to actually get proper offence on Lesner in their match, without using a weapon.

Also, his standard is high because his booking is high. Most strongly booked dude on the roster. So he has to live up to the booking.

And I do blame KO title reign on his booking, he has been booked as a joke. Never wins cleanly and loses to Rollins/Reigns all the time, I d blame him for being 2nd place to Y2J but his booking really hurts him. Roman was always booked strong in his title reign. He had Mcmahon, and the whole Authority try to take the title from him, a storyline that has always worked. He also had a good feud with AJ, as well. To compare Reigns reign and Owens reign is absurd.

Reactions: Ace

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts

Roman is done. Don't fucking even mention him, he's supposed to be a face on the show right now but gets shit on by even casual fans on RAW. It's a contest between Dean and Seth, but Dean is honestly limited by his wrestling abilities, compared to what Rollins can do. Combining character and in-ring capabilities, Seth would be my pick.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

Seth Rollins, because nowadays wrestling fans only care about ring skills.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Rollins.

Ambrose's ceiling isn't all that high, and Roman is just terrible.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,877 Posts

Wrestlers are supposed to be able to talk you into spending your money.
Goldberg never said more than two words, Who's Next!?

Jeff Hardy never had to do anything special on the mic to be one of the hottest acts in WWE.

Crow Sting just pointed and titled his head.

Daniel Bryan literally had a 1 word vocabulary.

Talking isn't everything.....

·
Registered
11,829 Posts

Goldberg never said more than two words, Who's Next!?

Jeff Hardy never had to do anything special on the mic to be one of the hottest acts in WWE.

Crow Sting just pointed and titled his head.

Daniel Bryan literally had a 1 word vocabulary.

Talking isn't everything.....
You forget 99% of fans here grew up watching either wwf in the late 80s or 1990s but you are correct you don't need to be a great talker to be a top star, you don't need to be a great worker to be top star either..there are many great talkers and many great workers who never were able to become main-eventers and serious business shifters.

There are a few who were great talkers and workers re hennig, rude, dibiase, Michaels, jericho who were never difference makers

I still think a reigns heel turn will be bigger than anything rollins or Ambrose does. I could be miles off of course but the guy still has serious heat and people really want to go to town on that. If wwe had a hot baby dance partner for him they could do serious business

·
Banned
1,775 Posts

Dean has so much potential to be something special if they knew how to use him right and if the company wasn't PG.

I think he has more potential than Seth and Roman but idk if he'll ever reach his full potential under the circumstances.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts

Logic would tell you a Reigns heel turn, but here's the thing: He's already been getting booed out of the buildings as the top heel on the roster for the past 3 years. So what difference does a heel turn make? He already plays heel depending on the audience, anyways. "The guy" shtick is all designed to get him heel heat from the smarks.

I think Dean has the most potential as a heel. Did you see the way he worked the crowd during that Cena stuff? He was fucking excellent. There's untapped potential there as a heel.

And I still think Seth has the most potential as a face. They butchered the hell out of his "face turn" which I use loosely, because he never actually turned and was given a moment to drive the point home, but despite that he's still managed to get over at times.

Ultimately, all three guys are second tier stars regardless of anything. I don't see any ever reaching that next-level overness to be superstars. All three are technically faces right now on the roster, and have been the three most-pushed guys of the last two-three years, yet heels are still out-popping them.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

I'm surprised this got to 2 pages without people arguing :lol

I'm a fan of all three guys, so I'll be happy with any or all of them getting over :shrug

Although I really can't wait for Dean to turn heel, and then all the people who said he sucked and was terrible will be sucking his dick and saying how great he is now :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

I voted for Dean, not trying to slight Seth or Roman, but I don't think they would've been over had they got the booking Ambrose got. That's not to say that those two don't have potential to be over in their own right. The reason Ambrose is nowhere near as over as he should be is that they ran the guy into the ground before finally deciding to push him as a main eventer as opposed to capitalizing or at least booking him formidable at the peak of his popularity. Now fans are starting to turn on him, but I guarantee the same fickle fans that were cheering him back then, shitting on him now, will be right back on the bandwagon when he turns heel. It will actually be quite laughable.

Roman is the case of a guy who is drawing major heat that is NOT by design. Regardless of how you feel about him, that is definitely something you can play with as a booker because fans want to see him lose and beating him actually does matter and whatever it is he's doing will draw emotion from the crowd.

Seth Rollins while booked like absolute dogshit as champion, was also benefiting at the same time from getting the most screen time of any other star on the show. The show revolved around him from mid 2014 until he went down with his injury. It felt like part of the show was missing when he went down. Fans missed what he brought to the table and as a result he came back more over than he ever was. Credit to Seth Rollins for being able to sustain that. Even though I feel they botched his face turn, it worked out well because people already wanted to cheer him anyway.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts