Wrestling Forum banner

Who out of the 3 can get the most over given the best scenario?

• Seth Rollins

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Roman Reigns

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Dean Ambrose

Votes: 42 34.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the most potential to get a skyrocket following? Let's not be negative here, I said most POTENTIAL, so it's hypothetical, hear me out first.

Can it be Seth Rollins? His face turn is still on a slow burn, so maybe after his Triple H feud he'll get white hot?

Or is it Roman Reigns, after a successful heel turn and attitude change (a la Rock) and then goes face afterwards?

Or is it Dean Ambrose, after a monster sinister heel turn and run, getting a cult following that will force him to be a face who isn't cheesy?

Who do you think can make it?

·
Asuka
96,502 Posts
Re: At this point in their careers, who Shield member has the potential to be the most over?

Roman is a lost cause. It's time people accept that, there's no hope for him. Nothing he does will EVER get him over.

Seth is cold as ice, and I've never believed in him as a main eventer. He's also been cursed by Triple H syndrome since his injury where he's lost half his in ring talent.

So it's still Dean. It always was Dean, and it still is. He's the only one of the 3 who belongs in the main event. Wrestlers are supposed to be able to talk you into spending your money.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
Re: At this point in their careers, who Shield member has the potential to be the most over?

I biased but I'm going with Dean Ambrose. Contrary to popular belief the company does act like they're high on him. Kayfabe wise he has come out on top for most of the Shield angles. Although it wasn't as glorious as AJ he still pinned Cena clean. He cuts 10/10 promos when the producers don't tell him to squirt mustard at someone. I think he reached the highest level of being over when he was white hot in 2014.

I'd like to see both Roman and Seth survive the bullshit Dean has gone through with booking and creative. Roman has been protected ever since he stepped foot on the main roster, as has Seth. Dean has had to deal with being buried by Lesnar at mania.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts

I would say Rollins. But personally, I can't get that hyped for any one of them, since they are all lacking in at least one key area each.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts

Considering how over they were in The Shield, all of them should be much more over now than they actually are, but fuck booking.

As for their potentials, I couldn't say... If they were booked as they should be, all of them could reach an insane level.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,850 Posts

I just feel when they do pull the trigger on a heel Dean, he's gonna be even more over than he was in 2014 tbh. So I'll go with him.

·
Banned
145 Posts

Reigns has the most talent and the most mainstream appeal of the three. Give him a good story and he'll be huge.

·
Asuka
96,502 Posts

Reigns has the most talent and the most mainstream appeal of the three. Give him a good story and he'll be huge.
They did give him a good story, they gave him the PERFECT story, he was supposed to beat the unbeatable monster who broke the Streak, and he utterly failed. That's a fail proof storyline and he still failed.

Main stream appeal, lol. He ain't the fucking Rock. If he can't even get people who LIKE this shit to cheer him, how's he gonna get people who don't?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Considering Ambrose and Reigns all involved have undergone face turns, Ambrose has had the most successful face run in my view. His crowd reactions at MITB earlier this year was immense. His run with the title was solid. However, he still needs to transcend his character and become that psychotic maniac like Heath Ledger's joker. He showed glimpses of this when he was Jon Moxley.

However, I'd say Reigns has the most 'potential' at this point. As a killer 'I don't care' attitude', he could truly become a star as a tweener. Not a heel.

Why? WWE need a babyface but hypothetically, the silent Samoan killer who decimates his prey sounds like a sound business model to WWE and the audience.

·
The EST of NXT
28,520 Posts

Heel Roman, easily. Both Dean and Seth have had the luxury of performing multiple roles since the split, while Reigns has been stuck as a cookie cutter babyface.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts

You mean like an unstoppable bad ass story? Or an underdog story? Or a patriotic American story? Or a man of the people story? Or an anti authority story?

Yeah! You're right one of those might work......

·
Banned
1,269 Posts

They did give him a good story, they gave him the PERFECT story, he was supposed to beat the unbeatable monster who broke the Streak, and he utterly failed. That's a fail proof storyline and he still failed.

Main stream appeal, lol. He ain't the fucking Rock. If he can't even get people who LIKE this shit to cheer him, how's he gonna get people who don't?
lol At Reigns' ridiculous tug of war with Lesnar being anything near to a perfect story.

That match had the worst fucking build up in history, GTFO.

·
Asuka
96,502 Posts

lol At Reigns' ridiculous tug of war with Lesnar being anything near to a perfect story.

That match had the worst fucking build up in history, GTFO.
Actually, no. Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs John Cena from Survivor Series 2009 had the worst build up in history.

Excuses, excuses, excuses to justify these continual failures. Any other main eventer on that roster would've gotten over in that match. How many failures before it's his fault? It's always somebody else, yet countless main eventers have been popular despite bad booking.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts