Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy damn. Its just tragic this keeps happening.

Thank goodess for all who are safe and Asuka was near the shoot out herself.

This is why gun control is needed. Im sorry but the second amendment needs to be rewritten or something. Innocent men, women, and children keep losing their lives to people who get their hands on guns.

For one thing stop selling assault rifles. What does a normal abiding citizen need assault rifles or shotguns for. Handguns are the only thing that should be sold.

To think we could have lost Asuka or any wrestler, loved one or whoever cause access to guns is to easy here

·
Registered
760 Posts
That's horrible to hear, nobody should have to go through any of that. Goes to show the United States' ignorance towards gun violence and how things would het better if gun control was introduced. For those that say it wouldn't work just look at Australia, we had a mass shooting and what did we do? We introduced strict gun laws. Because that's what you need to do to lower the likelihood of these things from happening.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
The thing i don't understand about the fun culture is they say "it's so we can protect ourselves" how often do you hear about someone trying to shoot people and being stopped by someone else with a gun? How many high school shooters get taken out by a teacher with a gun? None, because only the bad people carry their guns everywhere.

·
IRAN #1
2,304 Posts
Glad everyone survived, tired of hearing about random shootings all the time, nobody does anything about it.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
goodness ?

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,454 Posts
Can't wait to see that KanaChantv! Seriously though, I'm glad she's safe. I'd say she should move from Las Vegas except this can happen literally anywhere in the US. Maybe she could move to Canada, the travel won't be that much worse.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The thing i don't understand about the fun culture is they say "it's so we can protect ourselves" how often do you hear about someone trying to shoot people and being stopped by someone else with a gun? How many high school shooters get taken out by a teacher with a gun? None, because only the bad people carry their guns everywhere.
It actually happens a lot more often than you think; the zero credibility main stream media just doesnt report on things that dont suit their agenda

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Well, I’m glad Asuka is safe. No one, WWE talent or otherwise, should have to deal with stuff like this. Gun violence is tiring to hear of, both inside and outside of America.

As for why this stuff keeps happening, there are multiple factors:

The first is that Republican Party and the gun lobby is part of the problem. They won’t listen to anyone who favour gun control; not gun control activists, not the international community, not Democrats, not Obama, not even Trump (“take the guns first”).

Another part is that guns are just a part of the US culture, since violence is celebrated everywhere and a significant part of US history. The country started with violence. It’s even mentioned in the Star Spangled Banner. There would need to be a significant shift in culture. Not by banning violent entertainment though, since Canada & the UK watch and consume the same stuff from America and shootings like in the US don’t happen in those countries, and there are studies that prove that violence in America is going down in general as violent video games remain popular. Ending aggressive wars would be a start though.

The third and final part is that I think America is also stressed out, and needs stress relief, particularly financial stress relief. American work like 14 hour days and have 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet. College students pay an absurd about of college debt that just wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere in the West. UBI will be necessary as tech replaces workers. And healthcare costs are insane (another thing the Republicans and lobbyists don’t listen to Trump on, since he’s in favour of a national healthcare system like Medicare 4 All). Drug decriminalization wouldn’t hurt either, since gun violence has been going on forever in communities that deal drugs. A less stressed American society probably wouldn’t need to take all of these anxiety pills that are prescribed to them by their doctors either.

Yes, its a lot of detail, but there is a connection between all of them as to why gun violence persists in the US..

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,725 Posts
This shit is happening too often. I’m thinking I need to leave America. Not saying that this couldn’t happen anywhere but this is getting ridiculous. It’s almost the new norm to expect a shooting every 3 days FFS.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Well, I’m glad Asuka is safe. No one, WWE talent or otherwise, should have to deal with stuff like this. Gun violence is tiring to hear of, both inside and outside of America.

As for why this stuff keeps happening, there are multiple factors:

The first is that Republican Party and the gun lobby is part of the problem. They won’t listen to anyone who favour gun control; not gun control activists, not the international community, not Democrats, not Obama, not even Trump (“take the guns first”).

Another part is that guns are just a part of the US culture, since violence is celebrated everywhere and a significant part of US history. The country started with violence. It’s even mentioned in the Star Spangled Banner. There would need to be a significant shift in culture. Not by banning violent entertainment though, since Canada & the UK watch and consume the same stuff from America and shootings like in the US don’t happen in those countries, and there are studies that prove that violence in America is going down in general as violent video games remain popular. Ending aggressive wars would be a start though.

The third and final part is that I think America is also stressed out, and needs stress relief, particularly financial stress relief. American work like 14 hour days and have 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet. College students pay an absurd about of college debt that just wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere in the West. UBI will be necessary as tech replaces workers. And healthcare costs are insane (another thing the Republicans and lobbyists don’t listen to Trump on, since he’s in favour of a national healthcare system like Medicare 4 All). Drug decriminalization wouldn’t hurt either, since gun violence has been going on forever in communities that deal drugs. A less stressed American society probably wouldn’t need to take all of these anxiety pills that are prescribed to them by their doctors either.

Yes, its a lot of detail, but there is a connection between all of them as to why gun violence persists in the US..
I can't take the gun control crowd seriously because they are worried about (hypothetically) 8 people shot at a mall but couldn't care less about 75 people being shot in Chicago over the weekend. I live in an area where there are gun shots going off all the time from the Hoodlums and Gang Violence. The Government saying I can't have a gun isn't going to stop those shootings and deaths. In America we have this thing called Gun-Free Zones and that is a breeding ground for shootings. Why is it that the areas (states, cities) with the tightest and most strict gun laws have the most gun violence? Also in America we have a thing called a Constitution and a 2nd Amendment. I don't feel like I should surrender my Rights because of criminals who will still be criminals. America was founded on rising up against a Tyrant and right now we are being pushed with our First and Second Amendment rights under a growing attack each day is the kind of thing that will lead to the people rising against the Government.

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
Jesus wtf, I’m glad she’s safe.

Murica has about 40% of its population head over heel stupid. Like, how could they be so fucking dumb and immoral. But yeah, whatever, lol 2nd amendment. LOL.
I can’t believe I used to believe all freedom and opportunity bullshit I used to read about it, I used to want to live there but then I grew up and realized what a piece of shit place it actually is.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
As a gun owner, I'm all for the 2nd amendment. BUT...I'm also all for background and psych checks. I don't want random nut jobs having access to firearms.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can't take the gun control crowd seriously because they are worried about (hypothetically) 8 people shot at a mall but couldn't care less about 75 people being shot in Chicago over the weekend. I live in an area where there are gun shots going off all the time from the Hoodlums and Gang Violence. The Government saying I can't have a gun isn't going to stop those shootings and deaths. In America we have this thing called Gun-Free Zones and that is a breeding ground for shootings. Why is it that the areas (states, cities) with the tightest and most strict gun laws have the most gun violence? Also in America we have a thing called a Constitution and a 2nd Amendment. I don't feel like I should surrender my Rights because of criminals who will still be criminals. America was founded on rising up against a Tyrant and right now we are being pushed with our First and Second Amendment rights under a growing attack each day is the kind of thing that will lead to the people rising against the Government.
be careful using logic here, thats frowned upon ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
stop making sense, you mean these foreigners who know nothing about gun violence in the us know more about the gun control than we do. One of the last school shootings the kid used a ghost gun, I bet those foreign gun control crowd know what that is and how to prevent it from happening.

Gun violence is a magnitude of many things mental health issues, out of control youth, very liberal lifestyle, instant gratifications, lack of consequences, lack of discipline, etc.

And the nut job blaming Republicans and Trump on gun control, they definitely got you brainwash.

Can't wait to see that KanaChantv! Seriously though, I'm glad she's safe. I'd say she should move from Las Vegas except this can happen literally anywhere in the US. Maybe she could move to Canada, the travel won't be that much worse.
Why the hell would anybody want to move to canada especially a pro wrestler? You know how much money you would lose in taxes each year? There's a million reasons why Leonard bounced ASAP from Toronto to LA. She lives in Vegas, no state income, great weather, and direct flights to anywhere.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts