Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it is a big deal.... for the simple fact they've never faced each other in any capacity. Not in singles, tag matches, never not even in Japan. Monday will be the first time they ever face in anyway in the ring.

Now a little history according to the internet from what iv read from different sources (meaning other fans from Twitter, reddit, etc)

Supposedly Asuka and Io had a little problem with each other or at the very least Asuka didn't like Io for a bit.

Asuka and Io used to be in a trios team that included Io's sister.

I think while the group was still together or maybe they broke up by then I'm not sure, Io got signed and went to STARDOM. For whatever reasons Asuka would never go to STARDOM cause she didn't like the higher ups or the president of STARDOM so she saw this as a small betrayal on Io Shirai's part that she would go to STARDOM.

Supposedly that's the beef. But of course now everything is all good and I actually thought we would never see these two square off in the ring and Asuka is one of Io's dream opponents.

Kairi didn't get to face Asuka at least Io will get the chance now

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a tag team match?! You get out of here! I thought it was something important!
That one on one match at some point will happen. I fully believe that with Papa H in charge! No doubt to he'll save the 1 on 1 match for a big time ppv to

Had to troll a little! But even in tag team this is the first time they'll face each other. Then Clash At The Castle is next also in tag team

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
The match itself will be very good.

It will be better if they build to it more by getting into the ready made storyline @45banshee mentioned in the OP.

This is the kind of thing HHH should capitalize on. He has a great match in Auska / Io. But, he can also turn into a great storyline over a few weeks and save the blowoff match for Extreme Rules or something..

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Apparently HHH and Shawn Michaels have the balls to pull off something like this on RAW as being creatives. Vince didn’t have the balls to put matches like the best vs the best on RAW or SD when he was still CEO. We never got to see the full potential of a Cena/Taker feud, Orton/Taker feud, Lesnar/Lashley feud when they came back to WWE from MMA fresh, or Bludgeon Brothers vs A.O.P feud.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
7,885 Posts
When the 6 women confronted each other on RAW it felt like they made an effort to keep Iyo Sky and Asuka separated from each other. They know how much of an interesting matchup that will be when the two face each other in a singles match. It's going to happen eventually. Just have to wait for it...which I don't mind. I like it when they don't rush straight in to the interesting matchups. Have something to look forward to in the future.

·
Bow Down to The Queens
👑 Queen's Quest 👑 ❤️💚💜
41,486 Posts
And it is a big deal.... for the simple fact they've never faced each other in any capacity. Not in singles, tag matches, never not even in Japan. Monday will be the first time they ever face in anyway in the ring.

Now a little history according to the internet from what iv read from different sources (meaning other fans from Twitter, reddit, etc)

Supposedly Asuka and Io had a little problem with each other or at the very least Asuka didn't like Io for a bit.

Asuka and Io used to be in a trios team that included Io's sister.

I think while the group was still together or maybe they broke up by then I'm not sure, Io got signed and went to STARDOM. For whatever reasons Asuka would never go to STARDOM cause she didn't like the higher ups or the president of STARDOM so she saw this as a small betrayal on Io Shirai's part that she would go to STARDOM.

Supposedly that's the beef. But of course now everything is all good and I actually thought we would never see these two square off in the ring and Asuka is one of Io's dream opponents.

Kairi didn't get to face Asuka at least Io will get the chance now
I don't know if that's completely true, but I can confirm that leaving your friends for other promotions is viewed as a sign of betrayal in Japanese culture. Look up the back stories of Giulia and Suzu Suzuki or Tam Nakano and Natsupoi.

·
Premium Member
9,146 Posts
It's a ''big deal'' to a minority of wrestling fans who have an obsession with Japanese women wrestlers, but the masses won't care. Asuka has been stale for a long time and is treated much less of a star these days, while Io is a newbie on the main roster who the casuals have no connection to yet (newsflash, not everyone watches NXT or has watched their shit in Japan). Throw in Alexa Bliss who is a terrible wrestler and Dakota (who?) Kai and you have a recipe for casuals not giving a fuck about this. All I know is I'll be skipping right through this supposed must see match.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts