Wrestling Forum banner

Asuka unhappy with booking or heel turn coming?

3K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Panthro 
#1 ·

She tweeted this recently along with pictures of her as her evil character.

Is she genuinely upset over her booking? Being repackaged as a killer heel? Being repackaged as Lilly come to life? Hacked by @TheGunnShow ? Thoughts?

#8 ·
In that particular match, I’d say it made sense. As for her fizzling out this year, that has been the case since she arrived on the main roster under Vince. He made her tap after winning the rumble in 2018, which is awful booking for someone new to the main roster who was presented as a dominant face. After that she’s had spurts of good booking at the start of any title reign that then fizzled out. Vince never truly had plans for her after Mania 34 but because she was reliable, the titles and MITB fell to her but after HW feuds, he never seemed to know what to do for the balance of her reign. If those tweets aren’t kayfabe, then I assume she knew she had a ceiling with Vince but probably expected more from Trips.

Something tells me Asuka and Alexa Bliss are turning heel in the near future.
The question is if those turns are solely for Bianca to then beat them or if there are any plans for them beyond that. I absolutely did not want another Nikki Cross title run but I was surprised that he repackaged her only to have Bianca to beat her on RAW right away.

#17 ·
The women are so incredibly talented today...it is too bad that the way the division has been ran the past 3-4 years is so boring. I think I made a similar post yesterday so sorry to repeat myself, but it's the same handful always involved in the world titles and the rest of the roster just waits their turn at being a transitional champ. In between time they are randomly paired up to compete in the tag division.

I'd sure like to see one world title and a midcard title. Actual tag teams (while the men do more of this they still do the random singles being paired too often as well) to compete in the division on a consistent basis.

#19 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.