Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Seems some of posters bring her lack in English as her biggest gap,I won't deny it but in last two or maybe three years, WWE did micromanaging every superstars,the way they talk, walk is fully controlled by management. In NXT,her character can work and connect to audiences but in main roster, they don't have clue how to translate her character.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Don't ignore the "elephant in the room". The WWE (specifically Vince and the old brass that is still in tact: Dunn, Prichard, Hayes..) just has not and does not push minority characters in a good way. Triple H, for all we have said about his wrestling days, clearly sees things and does things differently in NXT. However, when those characters get to WWE, they get put in the ringer.

In their eyes: Asuka is Japanese and her english is not fluent. So, she will never be given anything serious for long. Triple H used her perfectly in NXT and she was a huge deal, but the old man that is set in his ways still sees minority characters as he did in the 70's and 80's. There are PLENTY of examples with others, but I will keep this at Asuka.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,505 Posts
Asuka isn't Top star material, To me she is the most well rounded worker in the division but she's not a standout character that exudes star quality like Becky, Alexa, or Sasha, I seriously never understood why her fans didn't see this tbf, Charismatic yes Superstar no.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Asuka isn't Top star material, To me she is the most well rounded worker in the division but she's not a standout character that exudes star quality like Becky, Alexa, or Sasha, I seriously never understood why her fans didn't see this tbf, Charismatic yes Superstar no.
Neither of them are any different than the other lmao. The ratings fell by a million during Becky's time on top, Asuka couldn't stop the bleed, and numbers will fall even further during Sasha's reign, none of them have been able to stop the bleeding. Hell, if Sasha retains past SummerSlam she may have the honor of being champion during the sub 1.5m era.

I actually want Alexa to win the SD title just so we can see numbers fall there too.

You guys are watching a dying product and all your faves are no better than the 90th man on the roster. Deal with it.

As for "poster girl"...lol. That assumes WWE has a future in which it will be relevant again. In 5 years we may not even be talking about whether or not someone is the poster girl/boy for anything...we'd be talking about the WWE struggling to stay on TV and whether or not a 1am timeslot for wrestling still spells "relevance".

·
The Babyface of WF
12,505 Posts
Neither of them are any different than the other lmao. The ratings fell by a million during Becky's time on top, Asuka couldn't stop the bleed, and numbers will fall even further during Sasha's reign, none of them have been able to stop the bleeding. Hell, if Sasha retains past SummerSlam she may have the honor of being champion during the sub 1.5m era.

I actually want Alexa to win the SD title just so we can see numbers fall there too.

You guys are watching a dying product and all your faves are no better than the 90th man on the roster. Deal with it.

As for "poster girl"...lol. That assumes WWE has a future in which it will be relevant again. In 5 years we may not even be talking about whether or not someone is the poster girl/boy for anything...we'd be talking about the WWE struggling to stay on TV and whether or not a 1am timeslot for wrestling still spells "relevance".
No need to be triggered.

Regardless of general ratings Asuka never quite garnered the fanfare of the names I mentioned hence why they are bigger stars that appeal to the general audience where are Asuka's merch sales for example?

No one is going to stop the bleeding but that's besides the point just because no one isn't racking in higher ratings like few could maintain with a more prominent interesting roster doesn't no one isn't a star.

Becky was definitely Asuka's Superior when it comes to an organically widely acceptable Superstar there's no disputing that whether ratings remain low or not.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,283 Posts
I think the reality is if you're not one of the Four Horsewomen then you're basically going to be second fiddle to them. The Four Horsewomen are the only ones who get consistent booking and emphasis and the whole division is basically centered around them. Asuka would probably have done better if they weren't around but I suppose that's just how life is really.

That being said, at least Asuka actually gets pushed from time to time and is given emphasis. Other women like Ruby Riott are being wasted.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Shouldn't we wait until after SummerSlam to bestow that title? Currently that tagline belongs to Sasha Banks (since she's never once retained a belt), and I can see Asuka getting her title back in a few weeks.

·
Forever Blissful
1,678 Posts

The fact that you think WWE will die in any timeframe is laughable...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts