Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,440 Posts
Asuka was champion for so long because the division was a wasteland and no better options were available for a long while. By the time Ember and Nikki were established enough to be potential successors, WWE had decided that the streak was too big to waste on NXT. I have no doubt Asuka's run would have went the same way if she did flips and superkicks instead of shoot-style.

Personally, I think talk of Triple H's ''MMA fetish'' is exaggeration. He did nothing with Sonya Deville and none of the champions before Shayna came from MMA. Even her push likely has more to do with the Ronda connection and Triple H's love of long heel reigns. There's also the possibility that he simply thinks Shayna is doing a good job.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok I waa misinformed. Asuka doesn't have a MMA background and I look like a dumbass in front of the whole forum

Asuka does have a MMA style of wrestling though. She's a striker who has the most submission holds in the entire womens roster, hell I think that includes the guys as well. As for Sonya not getting a hard push, well you can only have one at the top so push Asuka or Sonya and and Triple H choose Asuka. With Sonya on the main roster now its out of Triple H's hands. Its up to the old man now.

Triple H could have been high on Asuka cause really shechecks all boxes with flying colors, expect of course her mic work. But if we knew Japanese and Asuka could cut a promo in Jap no doubt she'll be near 10 out of 10 if not a straight 10

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Ok I waa misinformed. Asuka doesn't have a MMA background and I look like a dumbass in front of the whole forum

Asuka does have a MMA style of wrestling though. She's a striker who has the most submission holds in the entire womens roster, hell I think that includes the guys as well. As for Sonya not getting a hard push, well you can only have one at the top so push Asuka or Sonya and and Triple H choose Asuka. With Sonya on the main roster now its out of Triple H's hands. Its up to the old man now.

Triple H could have been high on Asuka cause really shechecks all boxes with flying colors, expect of course her mic work. But if we knew Japanese and Asuka could cut a promo in Jap no doubt she'll be near 10 out of 10 if not a straight 10
Ownership of a mistake is an admirable trait, with this the anonymity of the internet. You are an absolute legend for this.

·
Registered
976 Posts
People will argue that Asuka had to go undefeated because there wasn't anybody who could believably beat her; I'd argue nobody could believably beat her because they chose not to build anybody up and made them all look like her bitches.

To some kayfabe ability and real life wrestling ability is a blurred line, that is to say people shouldn't be booked stronger than their actual wrestling ability. I think that's dumb, Becky would never beat Charlotte is they were booked based on actual skill, Ciampa would've never been champ over the other NXT 6, and Cien would currently have all the titles.

Cien is not the best wrestler in the company let alone a guy who would have "all the titles"

21 - 27 of 27 Posts