Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5021 - 5040 of 5719 Posts

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
That ain't that big of a consolation, since wwe could simply interpret it as Charlotte doing good and, as such, an excuse to give her the RAW title ASAP.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
That ain't that big of a consolation, since wwe could simply interpret it as Charlotte doing good an such an excuse to give her the RAW title ASAP.
LOL, true.

Having said that, they're likely riding with Asuka until SummerSlam at least I think. Which isn't a long time from now. But I think that's the most likely time for Asuka to drop it to someone.

I'm gradually moving more towards thinking they do Charlotte v Asuka at SummerSlam than Shayna.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they decide to do some hot potato shit between them to pad Charlotte's reign count.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Well, as the saying goes, Charlotte needs to get to those 17 runs and neither her nor her father are getting any younger. Also, while I'm sure Vince gave Becky the ok to leave and have a kid, I'm also confident that this has made him think that he should have doubled down on Charlotte back in late 2018 instead of giving in to pressure, so he'll probably want to make up for that lost time where he had her in the backburner (yeah, having two very short SD runs and a second NXT one all within the span of a year is Charlotte's equivalent of the backburner) by giving her the FOTC push this year (she's involved in 3 brands' top programs, that's as FOTC as it gets)

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I think they might want to get Charlotte to 17 before she gets pregnant too. I'm sure Charlotte must have at least THOUGHT about having kids someday, and the last thing he needs is for Charlotte to get pregnant before he's done his passion project of 17 reigns with her. Now, he'll give people like Bayley and Asuka some accolades so that they are bobbling just below Charlotte in case Charlotte gets pregnant, hence Bayley2belts and Win Everything There Is To Win At Least Once Grand Slam Asuka, but he won't give up for good on Charlotte as TOP WOMAN until she hits 17

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Imagine having your hands tied for years because you just got into your head that you wanted to have that vanity project. I mean, has any woman ever won 11 top titles? Why should fans care more about that 17 number than the 11 one when there's not that much kayfabe difference to it?

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
I think they might want to get Charlotte to 17 before she gets pregnant too

The reason why I'm positive Charlotte is gonna get the RAW title in 2 months tops is because of the huge ass amount of articles praising her and interviews whjere she is saying how good she is that the wwe is plugging in as of lately. That's basically them saying "we are already giving her FOTC booking, so better grow used to the idea, because we are going to make her RAW champ soon whether you like it or not" to the fans.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
tbf, Charlotte gets praised regularly even when she isn't on a monster push.

I think there's a decent chance (about 50/50) still that Asuka gets a successful title defense against Charlotte, given the way the narrative has been pushed on TV lately of Asuka having trouble with Charlotte and the way the match on Monday was booked (Asuka didn't win the match, not even a DQ win)

But if that happens, then beating Charlotte probably be the climax of Asuka's reign and then she'll drop it a month later to Someone Random.

Then Charlotte would probably beat that someone.

But I still do think Ronda is coming back to have a match at WM37, probably vs Charlotte, with Ronda as champ, so that means Ronda beating someone else for it.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
:confused:

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I posted my theory in here a few weeks ago that if Asuka defends against both Shayna and Charlotte successfully, she probably is built up so she drops it to Ronda, and then Charlotte faces Ronda at WM37 and beats her.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Well, beating them both is better than nothing, I guess.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Yeah, as I said, I'm still not sure she's going to beat Charlotte even once. It's not only that i'm having a hard time seeing them change their booking habits now and have Charlotte job when her biggest potential program could be not that far down the line but also that I'm not seeing Charlotte being hip with having to job to someone unless they literally force her. After her tweets where she complained about not being recognized for her talent and how the tag titles were beneath her (and those were out of character tweets, not kayfabe ones) not to mention the one where she admitted she half assed most of her matches and no sold because of this, I have less of a hard time seeing her pulling her weight backstage and refusing certain program routes. Let's face, they already have invested too much in her to piss her off now and she's probably aware of this, which is probably why she has grown fonder of politicking as of lately.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Charlotte loses when they want her to, it's no problem because her position doesn't change regardless of how many times she loses. Charlotte has lost to Carmella and Bayley when they needed her to, and neither of those two women they value more than Charlotte.

Charlotte isn't invincible. To Asuka fans she might be because Asuka has had more problems with her than most of the top 5 women in the company, but the other 3-4 top women have beat Charlotte plenty of times (albeit never tap her out, always rollup at best). Asuka beating Charlotte clean (albeit by some dumb rollup) is not really an impossible task, considering other women have done it too.

She's not really booked unbeatable and always-champion (she has spent less days as a champion than Asuka has over the last 2 years) so much as she's simply really really overexposed and as we know, they've always found a way to overexpose her whether she's champion or not.

Also, you can't get to 17 reigns quickly if you have long title reigns. Can Charlotte beat Asuka for the RAW title? Yeah she can. But then they could also have Asuka beat her right back so that they keep Charlotte open for another quickie reign anywhere that they can see an opening for her to get one..

One thing I think people underestimate in the Charlotte Project is that they keep her reigns short and keep Charlotte floating everywhere without a title as much as they can so that they can have her pounce on any opening for a short reign on any brand so as to pad her stats.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
No that it have any importance but Asuka seems to have broken her fingers a couple of times

Also Asuka cooking in her last video with a motorcycle helmet XD

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,210 Posts
One thing I think people underestimate in the Charlotte Project is that they keep her reigns short and keep Charlotte floating everywhere without a title as much as they can so that they can have her pounce on any opening for a short reign on any brand so as to pad her stats.
Exactly.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Reactions: DammitChrist

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
See? They took the NXT belt off Charlotte, now she's free to go after the RAW one. Life sucks and then your fave wrestler's run on top dies :(.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Thing is, Asuka's chances of beating Charlotte have decreased now that she has lost the NXT title (without having to job at that). and of course I'm worried abotu Shayna. Only one I'm not worried about is Nia (kayfabe wise; injury wise... that's another deal)

Damn, Asuka's run gonna be as short as Nia's and Bayley's :cry:.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Thing is, Asuka's chances of beating Charlotte have decreased now that she has lost the NXT title (without having to job at that). and of course I'm worried abotu Shayna. Only one I'm not worried about is Nia (kayfabe wise; injury wise... that's another deal)

Damn, Asuka's run gonna be as short as Nia's and Bayley's :cry:.
No i didn't say that you (we) should worry about Shayna but that Shayna should be the one worrying the most about Charlotte.

5021 - 5040 of 5719 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.