Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4081 - 4100 of 5719 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts

Well, to be honest, with no audiences allowed and the show still on PC. Beside for her own health, I prefer Asuka take a break and return to her house at Vegas. I love her character and I appreciate her antics but without crowds involvement like give their reaction for her act, it's like coffee without sugar or cream. On another note, Vince kinda have bad mood these days after he have to shutdown the XFL for second times,and maybe he will express his frustration by make several silly booking and I'm afraid Asuka will be the one of those crappy direction.

I literally don't want see this image soon

,because I feel there will be sun after the rain for her career.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Literally nothing happening right now matters. Her direction right now is meaningless in the grander scheme of things, because anybody being pushed right now is being pushed in a vacuum. If she lost every match between now and when the crowds came back, it won't matter, because wrestling just isn't relevant without an audience.

The worst thing that can happen is that she gets a big push right now, because anyone being pushed right now is being pushed with an asterisk. And it likely ends when the crowds come back.

That's why something like Braun's title win is pointless right now. If they won't make him the champ when there are crowds, what's the point? Same with Asuka.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Literally nothing happening right now matters. Her direction right now is meaningless in the grander scheme of things, because anybody being pushed right now is being pushed in a vacuum. If she lost every match between now and when the crowds came back, it won't matter, because wrestling just isn't relevant without an audience.

The worst thing that can happen is that she gets a big push right now, because anyone being pushed right now is being pushed with an asterisk. And it likely ends when the crowds come back.

That's why something like Braun's title win is pointless right now. If they won't make him the champ when there are crowds, what's the point? Same with Asuka.
Pretty much this.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Now onto more important issues:

Knew it was just a matter of time till she did this. Man, lots of morons on her training outside video telling her to stay at home ignoring the date that video was shot. Also, now the "is Kairi the one shooting?" comments are more hilarious than ever. Yeah, pals, Kairi is risking her health and breaking the quarantine rules just so KanaChanTV may continue lol.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
A lot of people don't get that the virus is spread through people-to-people interaction, not stepping outside the friggin' house. Depending on the layout of your city, many countries allow people to exercise outside solo or go for a walk as long as you maintain distance.

While Asuka's losing lately is mildly irritating, I am getting more worried that she might get some weird big push with nobody watching. She's on practically every show they are doing right now, even when she has nothing to do they shoehorn her in a show, so that suggests she is near the front of their minds in terms of what tentative plans there might be for her this summer.

I'd hate for her to win MITB (and she apparently has a good shot) and then cash in immediately way before crowds come back, which won't be until at least August, likely even later (NYC and California may flatten the curve by July, but I am predicting the rest of the US will have outbreaks during the summer

Honestly, if Asuka actually wins MITB, she'd better not cash it in until Wrestlemania 37.

·
NBA
2,901 Posts
Damn, some months ago you told me I was going to be saying this and I wouldnt believe you but, man, I wish Asuka doesn't get the top title till 2021(or whenever it is that crowds are back) and if she wins the briefcase, I hope she doesn't cash it till next year. Unofortunately though, and knowing Vince, he is quite likely pushing her this late Spring-early Summer and then depushing her around late Winter next year, which is going to piss most of us off real bad.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Even she could win the briefcase, there's no guarantee she will success to cash in, take Kennedy for example, despite his bad attitude, I think he was still good choice to win the WWE world title but they gave him false report about his injury thus make his push gone.

If the rumour about Ronda do the trash talking recently is part of work for her return, Asuka practically doom to win the RAW women's title and make herself as second Grandslam women, because WWE already put the narrative (indirectly) that only Ronda who can win the title from Becky to regain her honor.

Also,Asuka pretty impressive by carry Nikki with the ala powerbomb style and she still capable to walk for few steps without see

Joshi City just uploaded the content of Kana match from 2008, I think it already on YouTube,but if you bother to add into your collection

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,210 Posts
People watch the shows from home. So people watch Asuka again and again and get more and more interested. I cannot believe, people here seriously think Asuka being on TV is bad thing. :D
Also I am pretty sure she knows 1000times better what she is doing, including her own health, than anyone else of us here does! She is not a 20yo green rookie, who lets herself convince by old bastards backstage to things she doesn`t want to know. I recommened more trust into the empress!

Btw.: her kanaTV videos are still censored on YT, while the other stuff on her Twitter isn`t. :(

Happy Easter!!!!!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,408 Posts
IMAGINE not airing this on TV.

Whether this is canon or not, the sudden lack of cheating in Asuka's matches makes it feel like a babyface turn is underway. I'm not sure how to feel about that. She might be booked a little stronger but it could also lead to being a bland, lifeless character again.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Even she could win the briefcase, there's no guarantee she will success to cash in, take Kennedy for example, despite his bad attitude, I think he was still good choice to win the WWE world title but they gave him false report about his injury thus make his push gone.

If the rumour about Ronda do the trash talking recently is part of work for her return, Asuka practically doom to win the RAW women's title and make herself as second Grandslam women, because WWE already put the narrative (indirectly) that only Ronda who can win the title from Becky to regain her honor.

Also,Asuka pretty impressive by carry Nikki with the ala powerbomb style and she still capable to walk for few steps without see

Joshi City just uploaded the content of Kana match from 2008, I think it already on YouTube,but if you bother to add into your collection

I doubt Ronda is coming back while the virus is still running rampant. Asuka would be the "perfect" candidate to fill the time until the crowds come back, in Vince's mind. Plus giving her an "I owe ya one pal" for showing up every week and every show during this pandemic.

Liv, Asuka, Mandy and Lacey are probably the favorites to win MITB

edit: Oh Liv not in?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
@Dibil13

Just like how they booked her too strong for Royal Rumble 2020 but she lost eventually. I prefer Asuka as tweener instead go straight heel or face.

@llj

I'm not expect that a lot even I'm sure RAW women would win this MiTB after SDL women win it last year and she's now becoming the longest SDL women's Champion and in previous year in 2018, Concussion Bliss who work on RAW win that match, so using that analogy, RAW might be win this but I'm not sure Asuka win this, perhaps Vince would make another cheap heat again by make Shayna deserve second chance or Nia who still have unsettle business with Becky, basically Asuka doesn't have strong background to deal against Becky.

@sara sad

If Asuka win it, she would become female Edge

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
What cheap heat ucok? There are no crowds to get "heat" from.

My guess is if Asuka wins, she's cashing in on someone different than Becky. Or if she does cash in on Becky, it happens right before a draft.

I know for sure now that if Shayna wins she's not cashing in on Becky successfully though. If they wanted Shayna as champ she would have won at Mania. Remember the first match rule in WWE's feuds. Whomever wins the first match of a title feud almost always wins the feud in the end.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Sadly I don't see Asuka winning. She hasn't won a big match all year so far.
Yeah but that's not how the WWE works, we should know this by now. We keep fooling ourselves that kayfabe momentum ever actually means anything in this company.

The pattern in WWE booking is almost never win-win-win-win-become champion. It's usually lose-lose-win-lose-become champion. And also, TV time. TV time is always one of the most important indicators of status in this bizarre company. When you're getting more TV time than the top girls, that's something noteworthy in the WWE.

And besides, why is Asuka becoming champion when nobody is watching a GOOD thing? As Hugo and I have discussed, we're not keen on her getting her title push when there are no crowds.

Which means, ironically, she has a decent shot here. She's being called the WWE's MVP during this crisis and the "Queen of the Crowdless Era" which is as backhanded a compliment as I've ever heard. Her getting a push at the absolute worst time is TOTALLY in keeping with Asuka's treatment in this company.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
What cheap heat ucok? There are no crowds to get "heat" from.

My guess is if Asuka wins, she's cashing in on someone different than Becky. Or if she does cash in on Becky, it happens right before a draft.
Rant from Internet fans is consider as building the heat for WWE right now like become the trend on Twitter, have you ever forgot that WWE recently use digital numbers to make the statement that their Wrestlemania was a big success despite no crowds? They pay attention with it.

Nia and Shayna are still have big chance to win it, the only plot that might happen if Asuka win, she won't cash it in near time after she win the briefcase, I kinda assume, Becky will challenge between Nia or Shayna or both(triple threat), I prefer it should happen at Summerslam, Asuka make her SummerSlam debut and win the title from cash in process would become great night.

4081 - 4100 of 5719 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.