Wrestling Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 4996 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,988 Posts
I still try to get the idea of this outfit. I first thought she wears temporary rib protection, but she got this cutted shirts for a while now.

·
Registered
8,090 Posts

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
The thing is she will not appear if she's not in a title picture.
Who the fuck cares anyway? I'd rather Asuka actually be off TV than on right now actually. Nobody who's getting pushed right now matters because nobody is watching wrestling during this virus. I said it for the last 4 weeks and I mean it--everything that happens during this virus pandemic is irrelevant. Wins and losses and titles right now is a "tree falls in the forest" situation. If nobody is cheering, booing, or watching, wrestling is completely pointless.

I'd rather Asuka not appear or get a push until the crowds are back because I'm not watching this crud again until they do. And I'm prepared for this crowdless stuff to last well into September. Even my fandom of Asuka is not able to ignore the unwatchability these shows without crowds.

·
NBA
2,625 Posts
Yeah, she needs to get that title in 2021, not 2020. Knowing Vince, though, watch them give her a title run now, when there's no people watching, and then take it away from her once crowds are back.

Vince: "What? I thought you wanted a long Asuka run. Damn, fans don't know what they want, pal, let's give them more Charlotte"

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Yeah, she needs to get that title in 2021, not 2020. Knowing Vince, though, watch them give her a title run now, when there's no people watching, and then take it away from her once crowds are back.

Vince: "What? I thought you wanted a long Asuka run. Damn, fans don't know what they want, pal, let's give them more Charlotte"
Watch it also be for the Smackdown title, which we don't even really want that much.

They'll keep Asuka on TV though because she seems to either bump ratings or have less severe drops than most. This is one case where I'd rather she be resting and getting a vacation than spinning her wheels on these meaningless shows.

This is why they still put her on TV regularly even when she has nothing to do, whether it be a match vs a jobber or putting her on commentary. Because their "stars" they are investing in are either doing the same or worse than her.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Kairi on last twit said the Kabuki Warriors still not through,they will return,so there's no sign she will go solo or could be worst, Charlotte want put the NXT women's title on the line against women from the three brands, just imagine if it Asuka was her first victim.

·
NBA
2,625 Posts

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,369 Posts
Not sure retweeting that will go over well with her employer.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,461 Posts
I don't understand why they are burning through the rematch on SD instead of MITB, after BlissCross beats the Kabuki's again then what? there are no teams left to face might as well retire the belts at that point.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't understand why they are burning through the rematch on SD instead of MITB, after BlissCross beats the Kabuki's again then what? there are no teams left to face might as well retire the belts at that point.
There probably won't be women tag team match at MITB, and Asuka will most likely be part of that ladder match

·
IRAN #1
2,367 Posts
Yes Asuka needs to be in the ladder match and not feuding with Bliss and Cross anymore... Asuka continuing to lose to these 2 mid-carders severely hurts Asuka & Kairi imo.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
is there even another tag team to face, unless they made some new ones in recent weeks i can't think of any. even when asuka was tag champ she had to be put into singles stuff with becky etc, they don't give a shit about the division.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I prefer Asuka not compete for awhile, she's been work like a horse or machine since day one at PC, she need take a break,and since the venue place just cancelled the MiTB, I feel it's the right time for Asuka take a rest or mount a material for her next YouTube video.

·
8,369 Posts
The venue cancelled, not WWE. MITB is simply being relocated. They're going to keep holding shows at the PC unless the government forces them to stop.

Given that they have eight spots to fill and several women are unavailable due to injury or choosing to self isolate, Asuka is unlikely to get time off in the near future.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Did I said WWE @Dibil13 ?

Believe me, it would end bad because this kinda entertainment need crowds reaction and WWE according rumor will do more tapings but sounds it feel bland without audiences, Asuka also one of the superstar who need crowds reaction.

Ever since she appeared (almost) non-stop, it's seems the sign that management love her work and guess she will appear and work more often once WWE make call to do taping if the authority allow them.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,988 Posts
I prefer Asuka not compete for awhile, she's been work like a horse or machine since day one at PC, she need take a break,and since the venue place just cancelled the MiTB, I feel it's the right time for Asuka take a rest or mount a material for her next YouTube video.
Asuka is unlikely to get time off in the near future.
I read these threads since a while.
Interesting dynamic again. After every PPV one guy here writes "we won`t see her again", other people complain all the time, when she is not on TV for one week. Five days ago again I read, that we won`t see her again. On monday we saw an already taped match with Asuka and now thre are worries she is overworked. :)

There are no house shows anymore, therefore I think it it is doable for Asuka having a good workrate on TV at the moment, if she wants to do that. More TV appearances, more viewers for kanatv.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
So what now for Asuka and Kairi I wonder? It feels like there's nowhere left for them to go.

As much as I'd not like to see another women's team split, they're both too good to just be stuck in limbo. Let them both do single's stuff I think.

·
8,369 Posts
They're out of the title picture and probably done wrestling as a team for now. Either they'll quietly go separate ways or continue managing each other in singles matches. We'll know the answer soon since MITB qualifiers are coming up.

I thought Asuka was a lock for MITB but thinking about it now, her chances of qualifying actually aren't great. Nia is back from a long absence and Bianca is the new girl, so I think showcasing them will be a priority for WWE. Two spots gone. Natalya is their go-to veteran presence for gimmick matches, so she's probably getting the third spot.

If we assume Shayna is wrestling Becky, the only non-jobbers left are Asuka and Liv Morgan. With WWE showing a growing interest in Liv and their love of 50/50 booking, I have a bad feeling about a rematch between her and Asuka.

4061 - 4080 of 4996 Posts