Wrestling Forum banner

4041 - 4060 of 5027 Posts

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,369 Posts
The next challenger is either going to be Shayna again or a returning Nia Jax. Asuka likely isn't leaving the tag division any time soon. I don't have a problem with that since the idea of Asuka feuding with Becky or Charlotte yet again simply isn't interesting. The Kabuki Warriors are still entertaining.

Asuka's never getting her Mania win is she though? I mean she's 0-3 now. In fact she's lost every big match she's been in this year.
Seeing as they weren't even willing to give Asuka a pity win with the battle royal last year, the safe assumption is no. A pre-show match with zero importance, no top stars in it, and she still lost. That was when she was still somewhat protected too. What chance does she have now as an aging jobber to the stars? A win only gets more unlikely with each passing WM.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I don't know or maybe I'm not too care with the Wrestlemania record after I saw the legend Lita WM record, she never win on that event and only participated once at WM18 which she lost from debutant Jazz while her BFF,Trish have better record with 2 wins(2003 and 2005).

I'm not sure by next year either when I watch the official promo of WM37, they still put Becky and Charlotte's name there, maybe Asuka will win the single title again but it might be just to cooling down WWE favorites before they send them back into frame for WM season, and next thing we know, Asuka lost the title before Mania.

·
NBA
2,638 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,993 Posts
Asuka need be careful, Charlotte might be want bury her again.
Just think about Asuka takes Andrade away from Charlotte, while Charlotte is at NXT. ;)
WWE likes to do such stuff, if couples (in that case Andrade + Charlotte) get known.

·
NBA
2,638 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,993 Posts
So she got a win in the show right BEFORE mania and right AFTER mania. Interesting. Not saying that means anything, but at least they keep her alive.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Asuka needed a win, but I was also pulling for Liv. This match made me conflicted

Also Damn Liv has improved tremendously.

·
NBA
2,638 Posts
Asuka needed a win, but I was also pulling for Liv. This match made me conflicted
So you kinda wanted Liv to win? Really?

Then I see you username and... Really, Liv, of all people, should beat Asuka, of all people? Stuff like this is why she's never going to have a meaningful title run (and I mean when there are crowds, a filler run right now would be lip service).

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I wouldn't have had these two face off honestly. Bur yeah I've been impressed with Liv recently and god knows they need some new talent and she looked good last night.

I didn't want her to beat Asuka no, but I didn't want her to lose either, hence my confliction.

·
NBA
2,638 Posts
I didn't want her to beat Asuka no, but I didn't want her to lose either, hence my confliction.
Here's the thing, if you ask me what I'd prefer, to see Asuka winning or someone else winning, I pick Asuka winning. Of course, there are situations where I wont mind someone else beating her, but still, it's a no brainer for me. Just to illustrate my example, Becky is my 2nd fave in the wwe by quite a margin, and if you asked me if I would like to see Asuka pinning or tapping her, 9999 out o 9999 times I would say yes without blinking, so imagine if you replace Becky with someone I hold in a much lower steem like frigging Liv.

·
NBA
2,638 Posts

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Well it's true that Liv really got better in the ring this year.

Now we can appreciate the work she put in the ring and still want Asuka to beat her.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,672 Posts
Thank God that Asuka won tonight (as she should've to begin with) in a decent match.

Liv Morgan is definitely not worthy enough to beat her there.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,993 Posts
Thank God that Asuka won tonight (as she should've to begin with) in a decent match.

Liv Morgan is definitely not worthy enough to beat her there.
The problem is, that there is not many people on RAW left then. There is a reason they took Kayden last week. Billie and Peyton are gone, Ruby really needs a win herself, Zelina was already beaten (up) at mania, same to Naomi. Charlotte or Becky coming out and doing a random job for Asuka, no way. Kairi is her tag team partner.
So you got left Sarah Logan and Natalya. Therefore winning against Liv was maybe the best possible option left. (Liv got a win at WM preshow for that, so she won`t mind.)
I hope Asuka doesn`t have to pay that with losing against Shayna.

4041 - 4060 of 5027 Posts