Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3981 - 4000 of 5719 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Because WWE was busy to elevate Becky and Charlotte in daily basis by using Asuka and several single matches. Like I said on previous post,that title is only for PR stunt and when it failed, WWE treat it like trash or they pretend that title didn't exist.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,411 Posts
WWE pulling the "champion losing to challenger before title match" thing yet again, they do that way too much. Also Asuka's lost a lot this year already. Hopefully that doesn't mean she's losing at Mania AGAIN!!
She is. Short of a double turn, which hasn't been remotely hinted at, there's nowhere else to go with the Kabuki Warriors as champions. Mandy and Sonya are heels, The IIconics are heels, Nia and Tamina will be heels when they inevitably reform.

If Shayna beats Becky, which is looking increasingly unlikely due to rumours of them main eventing, then I've no doubt Asuka will be fed to her at the next PPV. Otherwise, Wrestlemania is pretty much end of the line. We all know the drill with Asuka at this point: Winter push, do nothing between Mania and Summerslam, re-emerge in October/November.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
So we went from Asuka being Becky's white whale to her easily losing to Alexa over the course of 2 months. Nothing against Alexa here, but at least be consistent with the booking.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I wonder when the last time Alexa get pinned, most of her team loss, it was Nikki who took the pin or submitted, damn,it seem WWE or Vince is try so hard with Lexi and she still did a sloppy jack work before the finish. I wonder if Asuka uninteresting to work with Bliss since she even not to try to work on her skills.

Even Asuka match against Kayden slightly better.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
By experience Kayden is still green but not by age, she's 31 but for some people or fans, in-ring work won't matter but they shouldn't forgot, that in-ring work will be useful to avoid the performer get injured or at least minimize it and apparently,Alexa in-ring work start decline after she earned mega push in 2017. Perhaps this thing that make Asuka didn't want do a lot offense compare with when she face Kayden.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Like I said, there won't be any relevant wrestling for months and the truth is, everything that happens now...is as good as pointless. This virus thing won't end by the summer, not in the US at least. Crowdless events will continue for most of the rest of the year. Even if WWE tries to continue, nobody is watching it. MITB? Extreme Rules? I'd be surprised if those happen in any relevant capacity this year.

Now, let's look at where the WWE has failed. They've failed to connect and expand in Asia, they're losing viewers in North America, they haven't done jack all at expanding its popularity in Europe, their reputation among the hardcore is poor, and thinueey've been unable to take advantage of being one of the few programs with new weekly content during a time when everyone is at home.

If not for the Fox and Saudi deals, the WWE is fucked. And their booking/creative is a large part of it. Nobody wants to watch a program that insults their intelligence every week and where nothing actually matters, where talent is often used in unbelievable or inefficient ways.

By 2023, they'll be on par with AEW not because AEW gets bigger, but because WWE declines to irrelevance.

They deserve it too.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Well, aren't we cheery?

Any good Asuka gifs? I want more drunken auntie dancing.
Being stuck at home for 2 weeks or more, with an invisible apocalypse just outside my door, the fact is that occasionally thinking of the WWE's slow decline due to their decades of incompetence and pettiness is actually one of the things that makes me feel better during the day.

·
NBA
2,947 Posts
Even Asuka match against Kayden slightly better.

Didn't even know that match happened. When did it take place?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
@sara sad , seems if we follow how AJ Styles win his second WWE title in late 2017 from after he did work in everywhere include one of biggest moment when he fly from Chile to US andbecame Bray replacement, wrestle against Finn at TLC,it might be happen but WWE probably only consider it as part of Asuka job and everyone can do her job, plus AJ Styles was Vince's and you know Vince hates performer who get over naturally.

Her new vlog get deleted, perhaps she violated company rule,she posted it in the middle of RAW, WWE maybe aware with her channel.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Asuka's been the workhorse of these empty arena matches and one of the most entertaining parts.

Hopefully Vince recognizes that and lets her finally win at Mania. Her losing would only be ok if she gets a run with the Raw Women's Title instead.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Vince recognize it?

He still have wet dream by attempt attract MMA fans to watch his show and boost the viewers by give push to Shayna then try to make some part of women's Division look like UFC though he probably never follow UFC, I think Asuka aware with this but she believes wrestling supposedly have it own identity not try to be something else even she could do one or two MMA trick.

·
NBA
2,947 Posts
Her new vlog get deleted, perhaps she violated company rule,she posted it in the middle of RAW,
New vlog? Which new vlog?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I finally got up the courage to ask Asuka to go on a date with me. She said no because Covid-19 and we must do social distancing and I must stay 100m away from her at all times. And she said she has a cute doberman who will remind me of this lest I forget. She said this is permanent because Covid-19 may stay around for a while. But I know she loves me and wants to have my babies. I will wait and create another collage with newspapers and glue.

3981 - 4000 of 5719 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.