Wrestling Forum banner

3561 - 3580 of 3984 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
They always put some kind direction when they have two powerhouse type which one of them will get eliminated earlier after launched their devastating moves, Kevin Nash got superkick while in same event there was still Goldberg there then in 2006 Kurt Angle also have same fate with Nash. I will be happy if they put Braun Strowman type to Asuka, look strong by dominate the other contestant before finished by the winner.

Yup, after see the results from Kairi vs Nattie,I can see the direction for Asuka now

·
No Regrets
417 Posts
I was right, Asuka and Kairi are a sh*tty version of The IIconics, they're cowardly heels officially and they will be JOBBERS soon, not now, after WM possibly. I said it a long time ago Hugo and llj and both of you criticized my last comments, this Asuka's turn heel and their tag team reign is simply (and as Jeremy Clarkson says):

This is not the Asuka I loved and I liked :cry:

F*ck WWE and their chosen ones (Charlotte, Becky, Shayna, Ronda and Rhea in the future)

And by the way: Kana Chan TV is the only thing that matters, not her sh*tty WWE carreer.

·
No Regrets
417 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one that I saw that Kabuki Warriors are the japanese version of The IIconics (I saw that in the RAW live thread too) Asuka was a badass character and now she's a clown cheater just like The IIconics, the only difference is her good in-ring talent, nothing more. If people and many of you are happy with that, well, many have bad taste, this Asuka "iiconized" version sucks so hard, I liked more her old character and that character is dead, now boring Shayna will be anything I wanted for Asuka. I miss old Asuka so bad, I gave another opportunity to WWE yesterday and now I'm more disappointed with Asuka's character, a cowardly cheater, what a pathetic character she is now.

Old badass Asuka (even as heel from HIAC to TLC) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This "iiconized" Asuka

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I know Lana, Mandy & Sonya, and Bianca have YouTube channels to and Asuka easily blows them away with her subscriber count.

Its also kinda amazing she has the time to pump out thiscmany videos with all the editing and cuts ahe does and is a full time active wrestler on the road

·
No Regrets
417 Posts
Shonen nobody like this.
If you're talking about my complaints, nothing I can do about that, and by the way sorry Phantom, that's my way of expressing my opinions. But if you're agree with my point about Asuka being "iiconized", destroyed and buried, welcome to the club because people who are talking about Asuka being "iiconized" are a minority here and Twitter for example, check Bryan Alvarez's tweet, he's being criticized for that tweet.

She's in the way to be destroyed to the point of no recover, only crowd chants like yesterday can save her or maybe she will be more buried and destroyed because the majority is happy with Asuka being "iiconized" and Vince plan is that no one chants Asuka's name in the arenas.

Now we will see how much time that majority will be happy with the new gimnick for Asuka and Kairi "IIconics Kabuki Warriors". All Mondays on RAW if Vince allows it.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
They have a few similarities to the IIconics in terms of annoying heels, but clearly they're what the IIconics should have been, because, you know, they can actually work and are respected in the ring. The WWE WANTED to push the IIconics at one time. But they failed because they couldn't work. While the Kabuki Warriors CAN work. This is shown by the fact that their matches are among the longest women's matches every week on both RAW and Smackdown usually, and they typically put up a tough fight against top women.

The problem with the IIconics is they can't work good matches. You can't do much with people who can't work a big match.

Also Shonen, you're such a fickle mark. You can only cheer for Asuka as a babyface, we get it. Sorry to say, all your declarations of loyalty to her a few months back were just that, noise. Get your head back on straight. Yeah, I just turned on you. But that's because your inability to cheer for Asuka as a cheating heel is so weird. Every single WWE heel except Brock cheats. Heel Austin cheated. Heel Rock cheated. Heel Bret cheated. Heel Hogan cheated. That's what heels do.

Regardless of how she wins and loses, I always felt Asuka was ill suited as a bland babyface good guy. Bad babyface promos, dumb babyface syndrome where she falls for every trick in the book...I always thought all that was not appropriate for her. I'd rather her be a dominant heel, but I still prefer her as a crafty heel over the dumb babyface she was for most of 2018-2019.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I'm talking about the match progress not the results since there's obvious winner there unless Becky put the title on the line against Kairi at or before EC and she lost it, then the results in EC match would matters for me.
I doubt Becky is defending the title against Kairi. I mean, she could. But she already beat her twice on TV, clean. Yeah, they were non title matches, but if Kairi couldn't beat her in a non title match or get protected in them (losing by DQ or whatever), then chances are they have no plans for a Kairi-Becky PPV match.

There's just nothing that shows the WWE, at the current time, views Kairi as a title contender, even a filler one. She's very very clearly presented as the weaker Kabuki.

Perhaps Kairi will play a role in EC that leads to Asuka getting eliminated prematurely or by some sort of shenanigans. Asuka's still reasonably protected except against the top top women. I don't think Charlotte has got her win back over Asuka yet either (the DQ after RR is basically a no-contest)

It's more likely Becky sits EC out or watches at ringside. Or maybe Nia comes back.

·
NBA
2,318 Posts
No one here but the not stans are happy about any of this though. As for KW acting IIconic like, well, Vince likes that sort of crap, and it annoys me to no end that he always needs to have the foreign wrestlers act as kinda goofballs instead of allowing them to be serious champs; but on the other hand, what llj said. Besides, Asuka already acted pretty iiconic like while teaming up with Naomi, so it's not a heel exclusive trait of hers. And:

"Old badass Asuka (even as heel from HIAC to TLC) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This "iiconized" Asuka"
In which way are pre TLC heel KW supposed to be different from the current ones? They do the same dancing to the ring they did before (even when they were faces) and they wrestle practically the same way they've been doing since turning. Oh, i know what's different. Back then Bryan mongo wasn't saying they act like the iiconics, so people didn't mind.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Babyface KW basically were gullible fools who couldn't win the tag titles. Heel KW are crafty obnoxious heels who cheat at every opportunity, but can still wrestle when it comes down to it as well.

You can simply do more with KW than the IIconics for those simple facts which is why, despite all odds and Vince, KW has managed to be the top heels on RAW for several months now.

When you understand that RAW is geared toward filling TV time, then people who can work long decent matches or cut long GOOD promos are favored to be used. Smackdown was more compressed so people like KW couldn't get on TV. On RAW, they need good workers to fill time, because they simply do not know how to fill 3 hours every week.

FWIW, DX were the original IIconics.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
So I'm not an Asuka diehard, in fact I didn't even like her before she turned heel, but I think her character and promo work has been great. Are you guys just upset by her win-loss record or did you actually prefer the generic silent killer as a character?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Shot,I even almost mislead with the date of EC event,when I googled it ,the date is set according my region, on Monday, I thought WWE is crazy until I double check it.

I'm not the one of them @Chris JeriG.O.A.T ,sure I want Asuka win everything but then I realized, WWE is literally mistreat their main roster champion after they win the title, one day they build the contender look so good and after they win it, they never have plan to make their reign look so good, it will be always about how to make the strong contender and feed them to the champion or the worst part, don't know what to do until the champion lost the title in unthinkable way like how Asuka lost the title with the silly plan in 2 weeks before Mania.

Like I said, her fans need realize, Asuka get more tv time compare last year is good thing and if someone like Alvarez compare her with Iiconics,think about this,if she or Kairi isn't too attractive or not bring the interest to tv, I think WWE will put them back into catering after Asuka done with Becky just like Iiconics last year after they win the title.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
So I'm not an Asuka diehard, in fact I didn't even like her before she turned heel, but I think her character and promo work has been great. Are you guys just upset by her win-loss record or did you actually prefer the generic silent killer as a character?
I like her current character, it's much closer to what she was like pre-wwe with the eccentricity dialed up. I hope they let her take it further with video packages so she can build upon her crazy presentation.

I think most people are afraid she will become irrelevant heading towards Wrestlemania and not get a decent spot on the card. Wins/losses are nothing in wwe, but being showcased is everything and i think it's fair to say everyone here thinks Asuka is more fun than 99% (lets be honest, 100%) of what's currently on the roster.

3561 - 3580 of 3984 Posts