Wrestling Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 4000 Posts

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Enough with the buzz,just look the Asuka Twit which posted by @The Phantom ,anyone should take notice there's hidden message from her post and she probably talk as Kanako not Asuka,and I quote this from other user in other board and sounds make sense

Now take the positive,mark accomplishments don't mean anything it's all about tv time and exposure. Go back to 2019 when she still a champion especially after feud with Becky,where was she for a months? Stuck in nowhere,women like Sarah Logan would fight for Asuka current position
Which is ?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Which is ?
Being in tv regularly and get a lot exposure,not just for squash appearance like tonight, sorry if I forgot to put proper sentence and hard to understand.

At this moment, I do believe WWE already give her a little freedom for her gimmick,like talking trash in Japanese and "direct" her own match(minus the finish). Like I said, she's in better position right now compare with her appearance last year when fans keep asking where was she after the battle against Lynch(only showed up at dark match or live event). I know I'm a little bit upset with how she should win the single title but WM season is not for her, if women's division have midcard title like IC or US Title, she'd be above that.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Being in tv regularly and get a lot exposure,not just for squash appearance like tonight, sorry if I forgot to put proper sentence and hard to understand.

At this moment, I do believe WWE already give her a little freedom for her gimmick,like talking trash in Japanese and "direct" her own match(minus the finish). Like I said, she's in better position right now compare with her appearance last year when fans keep asking where was she after the battle against Lynch(only showed up at dark match or live event). I know I'm a little bit upset with how she should win the single title but WM season is not for her, if women's division have midcard title like IC or US Title, she'd be above that.
Well now this is over until the next time they need her to do the stopgap.

Asuka will nearly never be on TV now that Baszler is on RAW.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
@rbl85

Well, we'll see about it,they still have women's tag team title and Kairi condition starting look ok to compete. Their current competition right now is on SDL.

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
Well now this is over until the next time they need her to do the stopgap.

Asuka will nearly never be on TV now that Baszler is on RAW.
I dunno about that. They already completely fucked up with Baszler. And she is a vastly inferior Asuka basically. Having her bite Becky in the neck was one thing, but then Becky came back and cut a shitty promo burying Baszler already, which murdered her credibility.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
@rbl85

Well, we'll see about it,they still have women's tag team title and Kairi condition starting look ok to compete. Their current competition right now is on SDL.
Vince does not give a fuck about the tag belts, the only thing that prevent him to erase those belts is the shitstorm he would get if he does it.

If he cared about the tag belts then Asuka and Kairi would not be champions.

Now Asuka and Kairi are probably going to appear here and there (once every 2 - 3 weeks) and if they're lucky they 'll defend the tag belt during Mania main show.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I dunno about that. They already completely fucked up with Baszler. And she is a vastly inferior Asuka basically. Having her bite Becky in the neck was one thing, but then Becky came back and cut a shitty promo burying Baszler already, which murdered her credibility.
Vince does not give a fuck about what the fans think about Baszler.

Now until november-december (Asuka pushes always happen during that period) will have nothing to do with the RAW belt, i would even not be surprised if you see her an Kairi running after the 24/7 belt.

·
NBA
2,322 Posts
We? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
He says "we" as in most of us regulars here. I didn't think she was winning (same as with the RR), neither did Strange, Kratos, llj, rbl or almost everyone else so, pardon me, but I think "we" is the correct pronoun in this context.

Need a hug big guy?
Is he wrong though? Does him being so dramatic change the fact that Asuka isn't the top anything when push comes to shove? does any of this change the fact that becky is practically the most succesful woman in wwe's history? Does any of this change the fact that the match shouldn't have happened? Does any of this change the fact that Asuka is only given token pushes during slump season and is going to step aside so othe rpeople can hog the spotlight during mania season a fucking second year in a row?

Now take the positive,mark accomplishments don't mean anything it's all about tv time and exposure. Go back to 2019 when she still a champion especially after feud with Becky,where was she for a months? Stuck in nowhere,women like Sarah Logan would fight for Asuka current position
See? not this falacy again. So just because someone else is literal shit does it mean that they don't treat her like shit relative to her talent? It's like if someone were missing an arm and a leg and said "man, missing two limbs sucks" and someone told him to stop whining because "there are literal talking limbless stumps out there". Out of here with that crap.

Damn, I've been toning down my usual complaining these past 6 months because I didn't want to keep antagonizing everyone but, know what? To hell with that, this is the reason why Asuka is never going to get her due, because half her fans have gone to AEW or aren't watching anymore, and the other half are Becky fans first and foremost, yet we are all like "now it's Becky's moment, just wait" yeah, we'll wait, till her moment has passed, and then we'll wait for Shayna's moment to pass, and then it'll finally be Asuka's time. Oh wait, nope, because it most probably will Io's or Kairi's moment and we'll have to wait some more years. But hey, it ain't an issue, because then it will finally be Asuka's time. I'm 100% sure then it'll finally be her time...to call it quits and retire.

Seriously, when is it going to be her frigging time?!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
@rbl85

For the WM main card appearance? Sounds impossible since their agenda by give NXT(Charlotte challenge Rhea for the title and Shayna become RAW women's title contender) a spotlight at Wrestlemania is because they need boost for the show to compete against the "neighbor" like they did before Survivor Series.

·
NBA
2,322 Posts

·
NBA
2,322 Posts
I don't think she speaks Spanish. Other than this one (which I suspect must of taken her some time to translate) all of her tweets in Spanish scream google translate.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Asuka has a historical habit of tweeting in several languages in order to appeal to international fans.

Moving on from the Asuka stuff which we already have discussed, I'm actually still not convinced Vince is completely on board with Shayna btw. Despite them going ahead with the WM plan as reported, nothing about how they are handling Shayna screams to me as them having a ton of confidence in her. From them taking so long to calling her up, to her not winning the Royal Rumble (even as a heavy favorite), to this shitty biting gimmick/angle right off the bat, it strikes me as them not being super confident in using Shayna without a lot of weird dressing up to get people interested in her.

I had thought Becky might drop the title to Shayna, but I'm starting to move towards Becky retaining, and that will probably be it for Shayna as her upside as a performer is much lower than Rhea or Bianca. And I'm not even talking about Shayna's age here. Can only ever play heel, can't work entertaining matches, mediocre at best mic skills.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
He says "we" as in most of us regulars here. I didn't think she was winning (same as with the RR), neither did Strange, Kratos, llj, rbl or almost everyone else so, pardon me, but I think "we" is the correct pronoun in this context.

Is he wrong though? Does him being so dramatic change the fact that Asuka isn't the top anything when push comes to shove? does any of this change the fact that becky is practically the most succesful woman in wwe's history? Does any of this change the fact that the match shouldn't have happened? Does any of this change the fact that Asuka is only given token pushes during slump season and is going to step aside so othe rpeople can hog the spotlight during mania season a fucking second year in a row?
What's ridiculous to me about Kratos and some of the other people here is they apparently don't know how wrestling booking works, and then get so butthurt about what's been going on in wrestling forever. It's not a meritocracy and it never has been. Just because Asuka is the most talented doesn't mean she's going to be at the top. It just doesn't work that way. Again, it's not a meritocracy - fair or unfair have nothing to do with who is on top.

If you go back to the golden era, there were a list of guys all better than The Ultimate Warrior, but he was placed above almost everyone because his limited shtick caught on. Not because he was the most talented in ring, cut the best promos etc.

Asuka isn't on top because Becky is the top face, the champ, the most over, the highest profile woman they've ever had, and you don't just have her beat will nilly.

It's just so OTT and ridiculous when some uber fans act like Asuka's entire career is ruined because she lost clean to the women's champ. And in Kratos' case he'll never see any upside in anything because shitting all over everything is the easiest thing to do. Anything she wins won't be good enough, it will be tainted somehow, it won't make her look strong enough. Like a little child throwing their new toy out of the pram.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
The problem is not that she lost against Becky (everybody knew that she was going to lose) but it's an accumulation of booking decisions that make us react that way.

In every other wrestling company Asuka would be the top female star.

Now i don't even ask WWE to push her as the top female star but to at least respect her because WWE did a lot of things that for me showed a complete lack of respect.
When you take the SD belt off of her just before mania and the week after you make her do stupid things with Otis, for me it shows that they don't respect her.

Dont even start to push her if you knwo you're going to do nothing with her, they can use somebody else to do the stopgap.

3461 - 3480 of 4000 Posts