Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Destroyed the NXT women's division. She's not that great a wrestler just a lot of kicks and slaps,thigh bumps. It doesn't make sense that she's annihilated the entire division for two years,i don't understand it at all. She's average in all regards why push her so hard, Mia yim is Asian but is a fully upgraded version of Asuka, if they wanted to target that demographic. And Mia speaks English perfectly. I hope Ember bests her at takeover. Then Asuka is off to the main roster to bury the women there as well. Win /lose situation.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Because she fucking rules and is on a whole other level above everybody else and would be a bad call if she lost tomorrow?
She is on another level because she has been booked to be on another level. If you squash 90% of the roster (even pinning 2 of your top girls at the same time) you are gonna be on another level. I do agree she is good, but she is not as good as people (Meltzer included) says she is, she can't cut a promo despite being in the US for over 2 years now and most of the finishes of her matches are really anticlimactic.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
This is why we can't have nice things.

Reactions: Omega_VIK

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,605 Posts
I do think she's a little OP but at least we should see something different with Ember, my biggest problem with Asuka though is her matches. She's yet to have a great match in 2 years in WWE.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
This is my speculation, but I think they intended Asuka to drop it some months back. But, then Paige's sex tape with a dude jizzing on the title was released. So, now WWE is working to make the title actually valuable again.

Along with that, she's dominant. I think she is as good as everyone raves. Had this happened when we had the 4 horsewomen I'd be a bit upset, one of them hogging it the whole time. But, it didn't. And, Asuka has been the best since she won the title.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Lmao people still give size so much importance in pro-wrestling. Asuka is the best female in-ring performer of ALL-TIME.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
She's the best woman in the company, period.

That said, part of her dominance is because she came at the right time when the division was weak after all the horsewomen left. They needed her to bridge that transition, which is now essentially complete with the Mae Young Classic. She wouldn't have been as dominant if she came a year earlier.

But it's been a fun ride. That said, time for a new era in the division.

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
I disagree that Asuka's booking has hurt the NXT women's division. What's hurt the NXT women's division is how thin it is. Bayley, Carmella, Alexa, and Nia were all called up last summer and they were left without any really credible opponents for her. I do think it's time for her to lose the title though, because there will be more women coming to NXT soon from the Mae Young Classic

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
We'll have to disagree on that one:shrug There wasn't a single woman more fit for the championship at any point in the last 504 days. It wasn't a perfect title reign by any means and some things could have been done better, but the good far outweighed the bad.

She is on another level because she has been booked to be on another level. If you squash 90% of the roster (even pinning 2 of your top girls at the same time) you are gonna be on another level.
Squashing Liv Morgan and a few unsigned jobbers ain't 90% of the roster. People have been treating Asuka like she's on another level since her first match on NXT, long before the streak or protective booking was a thing. They were buying her as credible against the likes of Nia Jax as early as Takeover London, by which point Asuka had only wrestled like 3 matches.

The writers certainly enhanced this aura but they didn't create it. Asuka is not seen as being above the rest just because she's booked that way, it's because a lot of fans actually did and still do believe that.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Asuka has been the only credible woman on NXT until Ember came along, and even then, Ember is nowhere near her level. Asuka should retain against Ember and drop the title to Kairi Sane in an epic feud between cocky heel and plucky face.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
Asuka's problem isn't that she doesn't feel convincing as a dominant champion - she totally has the in-ring prowess to back it up. The problem is that she often makes her opponents look bad, and she's not like Brock Lesnar in that a Suplex City match can usually be a spectacle of strength and collisions, while an Asuka match does not compare in the visual enjoyability aspect.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if the people who blame Asuka for the women's division not being what it once was, actually remember that the division got raided TWICE with multiple call-ups. Vince came down and stripped the division other their leaders but also the women who NXT were building up to take up those empty spots. Vince came in take everyone and left Asuka behind. You should be thanking Asuka because if she wasn't around the division would much worse off.

As far as this Takeover show, personally I think Nikki Cross has done more to deserve to be the one that beats Asuka than Ember Moon. Ember's gimmick just doesn't seem all that fleshed out. Have they explained why she has the red eyes? I look forward to seeing Nikki Cross show up. She's just entertaining as hell to watch.

Either way if they wanna beat Asuka, that's fine, if not, no big deal. As long as we get a good match out of it. And ffs, book a good finish this time. Honestly I can't tell if it's the women in the ring that are at fault or whoever is booking the match.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
She has made the belt prestigious. I don't like the idea of Ember Moon beating her but it is what it is.
I am sorry, but how can the belt be prestigious when the the buzz on the division is lower than ever? She is not like Okada, who is a dominant champion, but almost all of his opponents got elevated despite losing (Shibata, Omega, Marufuji, etc). Who got elevated besides Asuka in these past year and a half? Nikki Cross maybe (and just because of that Last Woman Standing match, before that she was dead), but that's about it. Ember, Ruby, Peyton, Billie or any of the rest of the girls are in no better position now than before.

Reactions: MonkasaurusRex
1 - 20 of 66 Posts