Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Triple H should probably take a backseat a bit, in this current storyline. It's most all about him now, and it's doing very little in elevating DB, especially when they need to elevate new stars. He's almost like Hulk Hogan in TNA, where he's the center of damn near all of the major storylines. As much as I hate "he's burying em'" threads, the intention of this storyline is very clear now and has nothing to do with making a new star in Daniel Bryan.

- Triple H is probably the main reason I still tune in, but he's somewhat the cause of my apathy towards the rest of the show as well.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Re: As a Triple H mark, I can admit that he tends to be too overbearing in storylines

and what exactly is that intention? if the storyline wasn't made for Bryan, then they could have put anyone else in it to begin with if they had no intention of elevating him.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Re: As a Triple H mark, I can admit that he tends to be too overbearing in storylines

It's easy for HHH to steal the spotlight when there is such minimal talent on the roster. I mean, when Bryan came out in the middle of HHH's speech, he literally looked like a midget with a beard. How the hell do any of you take that guy seriously?

·
Registered
25,214 Posts

This is probably the biggest reason that this storyline lost it's steam. It was great starting out. Everyone was involved and in a good spot. Bryan was being featured. The thing w/ Rhodes was and still is great. Ziggler, Show, Miz, and others all had great supporting roles.

But HHH and Steph take too much and don't really give anything back. They cut these great promos that make us hate them. But then we never really get to see the superstars talk back. The heat is great, but it's only half the battle.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

Bryan will be champion, so that's the payoff for him...Big Show can fucking knock out Triple H all he wants, Bryan will be champion sometime soon and he'll get the last laugh, then from there, who cares what happens to the Corporation or whatever they're called.

·
Banned
760 Posts

This is probably the biggest reason that this storyline lost it's steam. It was great starting out. Everyone was involved and in a good spot. Bryan was being featured. The thing w/ Rhodes was and still is great. Ziggler, Show, Miz, and others all had great supporting roles.

But HHH and Steph take too much and don't really give anything back. They cut these great promos that make us hate them. But then we never really get to see the superstars talk back. The heat is great, but it's only half the battle.
Thank god we don't get to see them talk back. Listening to Bryan for more than a minute makes me want to punch a squirrel that guy is so bad. I'm not even going to mention Ziggler...only thing that guy has been "showing off" is his shitty mic skills when they did allow him a few moments of time to talk. Sorry, it's the truth.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts

HHH is the best thing about Raw in recent times.The Shield vs Rhodes Family,Bryan vs Orton and HHH vs Big Show all have one common point and it's HHH.Three top storylines and all are revolving around HHH.

Who said HHH's job is to make a star out of Daniel Bryan alone?.Daniel Bryan is quite popular and Randy Orton has been in WWE for a decade.HHH was associated with a irrelevant Orton and called him face of the company etc.He put him over as the perfect guy to lead the WWE.With one stroke,Orton become the top heel again.HHH opposed Bryan for a few weeks and Bryan was super popular then.If those two have fallen,they have to blame only themselves for the inability to carry a feud.You can't have HHH doing all the work for them.

Cody has been elevated.
Big Show has become very popular.
The Shield have a purpose once more.

My problem with HHH is he is too good as a heel.He needs someone more charismatic like Austin/Rock to go up against him.Almost everyone feels completely outclassed

·
Banned
760 Posts

Bryan will be champion, so that's the payoff for him...Big Show can fucking knock out Triple H all he wants, Bryan will be champion sometime soon and he'll get the last laugh, then from there, who cares what happens to the Corporation or whatever they're called.
Bro, when DB becomes champion, the show will suck. I can assure you of that. All you will get from him is throwing his hands in the air and the puppet crowds chanting YES. Unless that's what you want to see for three hours every week.

The guy has seriously become stale as fuck. His character is not developing in any way. It's just getting boring and annoying.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

and what exactly is that intention? if the storyline wasn't made for Bryan, then they could have put anyone else in it to begin with if they had no intention of elevating him.
To do some elaborate storyline involving the McMahons at WrestleMania. Daniel Bryan is just a chapter in the story, not the end game. They put DB in the storyline because he garnered the most reaction out of anybody on the roster, and still does. I wouldn't be surprised by WrestleMania time, DB is back to being in the mid-card.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Okay, so basically Kaban you're trying to tell us to get danielson off the mainstage because his character is boring and he is terrible on mic time. Instead you insist that the show should be clogged with more hunter hearst helmsley because he is WAY more entertaining than danielson. You later solidify your claim by saying that the reason danielson isn't fun is because of a lack of character development. So my question to you is, how can there be character development, which would ultimately lead to a more entertaining danielson, when what you want is hunter to take more time from danielson so he won't ever have a chance or the space to develop his character, mic skills, and persona by himself?

·
Banned
760 Posts

They put DB in the storyline because he garnered the most reaction out of anybody on the roster, and still does.
He doesn't. That stupid yes chant does. It's not even about DB anymore, it's about the chant.

·
Banned
760 Posts

Okay, so basically Kaban you're trying to tell us to get danielson off the mainstage because his character is boring and he is terrible on mic time. Instead you insist that the show should be clogged with more hunter hearst helmsley because he is WAY more entertaining than danielson. You later solidify your claim by saying that the reason danielson isn't fun is because of a lack of character development. So my question to you is, how can there be character development, which would ultimately lead to a more entertaining danielson, when what you want is hunter to take more time from danielson so he won't ever have a chance or the space to develop his character, mic skills, and persona by himself?
If you want to buy into that BS, by all means go ahead.
Some guys have so much charisma, it's easy to throw them in any angle and not worry about anything going wrong.
The reason DB is not getting "character development" is because he is limited as fuck as to what he brings to the table. I don't want to relist all the qualities he lacks as a person because they have all been mentioned a thousand times here (shitty mic skills, small size, looks like a fucking bum..etc). My point is, guys like The Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, etc... although you can argue that none of them are perfect in every aspect, they were involved in good angles and had good character development because they were more capable of delivering a good performance on the stage. Only thing DB can do is wrestle good with guys his size, put him in a ring with someone bigger and he looks like a bug.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

Bro, when DB becomes champion, the show will suck. I can assure you of that. All you will get from him is throwing his hands in the air and the puppet crowds chanting YES. Unless that's what you want to see for three hours every week.

The guy has seriously become stale as fuck. His character is not developing in any way. It's just getting boring and annoying.
I think it's pretty much inevitable. They had him come too close to winning and keeping it twice. It's also kind of hard to say how he would do if actually doesn't have a reign.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Didn't you call the danielson fans sheep, yet you are the quintessential robot that Vince profits off of. We're in a different age buddy, Kevin Sullivan said it best in his KayFabeCommentaries guest booker episode, the demographic is slowly changing where the children and teenagers that WWE mainly market to aren't looking for beefed up, unbelievable, unrealistic characters. They are looking for edgier, more realistic, and more relevant people that are relatable. For sure Rock and Undertaker have way more charisma than Danielson, but are you seriously going to say Brock does? Why the hell do you think they stuck paul heyman next to him throughout his entire run in the WWE. You're stuck in an age where Kevin Nash was the biggest thing in wrestling buddy, where the likes of eddie, dean, perry, and chris benoit were considered vanilla midgets and were thought to only be placed in the lower cards because of their size and demeanor.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

oh Christ? so a guy that beats Cena, Orton, and wins nearly every match is going back to the midcard? okay then who goes to the main event then? who? name someone that will go to the main event and succeed and be someone the fans want to see if it isn't Bryan? nobody on the roster besides Punk gets a big reaction, so what other babyface will get thrown into that and succeed?

·
Registered
60 Posts

oh Christ? so a guy that beats Cena, Orton, and wins nearly every match is going back to the midcard? okay then who goes to the main event then? who? name someone that will go to the main event and succeed and be someone the fans want to see if it isn't Bryan? nobody on the roster besides Punk gets a big reaction, so what other babyface will get thrown into that and succeed?
dude obviously we need someone who looks the part. someone huge, believable, and did i mention gigantic and also huge?

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

i mean seriously, he just said that Bryan is one dimensional and is limited..so he didn't see the Weak Link storyline he was in where he was a bad ass, he didn't see the comedy skits with Kane where he was super hilarious, he didn't see his run as WHC where he was an overbearing protective egotistical boyfriend toward AJ and would tell her to shut up, and he didn't see his awesome promos of "GO Vegan" and he also didn't see his unscripted shoot promo when he first arrived in the WWE. Not to mention the people chanting for him to return after he got fired in 2010..yeah Bryan is so one dimensional, what were they thinking making him a main eventer?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

Gotta laugh at how this angle for the past couple of weeks seems to have focused more on four 40+ year olds, HHH, show, Goldust and now soon Michaels.

Not that I don't like them, but it's just kinda funny. Wouldn't surprise me if it killed Bryan's momentum.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

HHH is the best thing about Raw in recent times.The Shield vs Rhodes Family,Bryan vs Orton and HHH vs Big Show all have one common point and it's HHH.Three top storylines and all are revolving around HHH.

Who said HHH's job is to make a star out of Daniel Bryan alone?.Daniel Bryan is quite popular and Randy Orton has been in WWE for a decade.HHH was associated with a irrelevant Orton and called him face of the company etc.He put him over as the perfect guy to lead the WWE.With one stroke,Orton become the top heel again.HHH opposed Bryan for a few weeks and Bryan was super popular then.If those two have fallen,they have to blame only themselves for the inability to carry a feud.You can't have HHH doing all the work for them.

Cody has been elevated.
Big Show has become very popular.
The Shield have a purpose once more.

My problem with HHH is he is too good as a heel.He needs someone more charismatic like Austin/Rock to go up against him.Almost everyone feels completely outclassed
I do agree that Triple H is the best thing about Raw, however he could give more spotlight to the other characters in the storyline. Triple H is the one doing sit-down interviews with Michael Cole. Triple H is the one having 10+ minute promos on Raw. Triple H can call Orton "The Face of the Company" all he wants, but it doesn't matter when Triple H is still the main focus.

- As a Cody fan, I do like the push he's getting. However, Cody is not competing for the WWE championship. So for Cody Rhodes to get more spotlight than Daniel Bryan, it doesn't make sense. The last ppv I cared more about the tag-team match than the WWE championship match, that's a problem.

- Big Show becoming a focal point is completely useless, and is not going to make Big Show a bigger star.

- The shield has a purpose to be henchmen that are doing the exact same stuff as they were before.

- I do agree Triple H outclasses everyone with his star-power and mic ability, but that's why he should take a back seat a bit. It's like when were a kid and you played ball with your dad, your dad didn't go HAM and completely destroyed you. I'm not saying Triple H should baby them, I'm just saying the spotlight should be shared more to highlight the strengths of guys like DB and Orton. Triple H is like the dad who scores 100-0 on his 5 year old kid, and then braggs about it. It hurts the stock of the other wrestlers and is bad for TV.

- It is Triple H's job to create new stars, he's going to be running the place. It is completely his job.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

did you watch Raw? Bryan got the focus all over the damn show. His name was dropped so many times on Commentary I lost count. He interrupted HHH when he was talking, he got in Stephanie's face for putting Brie in a bad situation, he got booked strongly against Del Rio in that match he was in, he got put over by HBK at the fucking beginning of the show. I mean what more do you want? I'm totally perplexed here. Rhodes got one match, at the end of the show...and the tag titles...how did he get more spotlight? did he have a promo? was he seen before the match? NO!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts