Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now, im a huge orton fan... when i say huge i mean huge lol

but the reason i became a fan was when he was a coward heel(i might have been one of the few ppl who liked that coward antics lol) who ran away at times (i know he cant do this as a face), but then when he had matches he would go all out and do some crazy shit... even in promos b4 ppv's he would make me definitely wanna buy the ppv.. i just loved the way he "tortured", "bothered", and became a "pest" for his opponents

i feel that as a face, he will never tie a "john cena" up to a ring post and best the sit outta him with a ken-do stick or try to blow cena up...

or my favorite.. he will never ddt a Stephanie mcmahon or anything like that anymore

and the crazy thing is, if he continue to do those things people will like him even more. thats what got him where he is now and he can go miles with..

there is no rule book that says a face cant do those things...

im still enjoying him a lot every week.. but i am patiently awaiting the time when he does that crazy shit again and still gets cheered, because i know the fans wont turn on him

"you wanna know why im the perfect champion, because you can take the ruthlessness of triple H, the desire of john cena, and if you combine these attributes, you get Randy Orton"

credit RKOY2JLeGENDS for the vid... it was in his sig, and i wanted to use it

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
As a face, it would be a bad move to do the stuff he previously did as a face. So don't count on him punting everyone in the head or attacking a helpless woman.

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
No. Don't even expect it. Have you not realized the HUGE change he's gone through since turning face? He's a completely different character now. Before, Orton actually had a great story to him. Now his character only RKOs people.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a face, it would be a bad move to do the stuff he previously did as a face. So don't count on him punting everyone in the head or attacking a helpless woman.
in the steph and hhh situation leading up to wrestlemania 25 i always thought orton was the face who was booed... all he was doing was retaliating for the shit hhh and evolution did to him... yet the fans was on hhh's side

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Nobody will ever be as violent as a face. Not even Stone Cold Steve Austin was. The very nature of being a face dictates that that has to be the more calm personality of the two.....even if it's not a calm personality to begin with.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I'm not sure, it depends on who he directed his actions at. I don't think the crowd would be unhappy if he say punted Sheamus or Jericho or something. Or if he attacked a heel women who the crowd don't like...not that they have any kind of feeling for any of them. He could do stuff like that I guess.

Or are they not allowed man on women voilence now?

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
I'm not sure, it depends on who he directed his actions at. I don't think the crowd would be unhappy if he say punted Sheamus or Jericho or something. Or if he attacked a heel women who the crowd don't like...not that they have any kind of feeling for any of them. He could do stuff like that I guess.

Or are they not allowed man on women voilence now?
If Danielson can't choke somebody with a tie for 5 seconds, I'd say they can't hit women anymore.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
why even ask the question? you should know the answer is no.

there's no such thing as a face being just as violent as when they are heels. faces aren't supposed to be evil. Randy Orton used to be evil. now he's just kind of a sick, twisted guy. but not evil.

·
9,748 Posts
in the steph and hhh situation leading up to wrestlemania 25 i always thought orton was the face who was booed... all he was doing was retaliating for the shit hhh and evolution did to him... yet the fans was on hhh's side
i don't think punting a woman in the head is exactly "retaliation." i don't think going around punting an entire guys family and kissing his wife is "retaliation." that's just pretty much being a dick. and being evil.

and even if it was just retaliation, the means of a feud doesn't really dictate who is face or heel all the time. take CM Punk and Jeff Hardy for instance. if you just glanced at the means to that feud, you would obviously say "well CM Punk is the better man here, he's trying to tell people drugs are bad and Jeff Hardys choices were wrong" but Punk was a huge heel here, and the more he tried to be the good guy the more heat he got.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Its the PG era, nobody can be as violent as before.

Hence the reason Danielson was stupidly fired for a ridiculous reason.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
No. You can't have someone who the kids should be supporting pulling the type of shit Orton did against Cena and Triple H. I think they are definitely gonna be times in the future where, given the opportunity, Orton will beat the crap out of a heel but never anything like the torture he put Cena through in their I Quit match. I think had there not been a PG rating then Orton would be a lot more violent right now, like instead of just RKOing people like Edge he'd go one step further and start to 'torture' them like he used to do to Cena but it just wouldn't be on in the current WWE environment. In my opinion Orton's character would flourish in the Attitude Era. Yes, faces then weren't so violent either but Orton's entire 'Viper' gimmick is based on him being a crazy fucker who really doesn't care what happens to his opponents.

Anyhow, I like Orton how he is right now. I don't think he needs to be violent.

What if he punts a heel? Is that acceptable?
Yeah I don't see why not. He punted DiBiase and got a huge face reaction for it.

·
30,977 Posts
Nobody will ever be as violent as a face. Not even Stone Cold Steve Austin was. The very nature of being a face dictates that that has to be the more calm personality of the two.....even if it's not a calm personality to begin with.
Pretty much. The most violent Austin ever was was his time after turning heel on the Rock and then his time with the Two Man Power Trip. He was still very violent all the time though and there is no reason why Orton can't be close to as violent as Austin as a face.

·
9,748 Posts
What if he punts a heel? Is that acceptable?
he did punt a heel at Wrestlemania. but as far as when he was heel, he punted women, older men, hell, the guy tried to KILL John Cena. it's just a more simple, less complex violence nowadays.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree with Pyro, faces can't be as violent as heels, EVER! and the best example is Stone Cold.

Orton has pretty much not cut any major promo, he hasn't had a great feud since WrestleMania but is the most over face today. People have accepted him fully due to his his viper mannerisms, his RKO, and his pose. He can of course punt heels and the crowd would love it too, but he doesn't have to be as violent as before, and it wouldn't make sense for him to be so.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If Orton punted someone in a similar fashion as he did during Legacy days (my personal favorite Orton), I'd expect the crowd to react negatively. Unfortunately, it seems as though people may just cheer him on, making me lose more and more faith in humanity :-(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts