Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awesome bands/artists that more motherfuckers should make an effort to listen to?

What are some of you 'Awesome bands/artists that more motherfuckers should make an effort to listen to'? I'll shoot first.

Elliott Smith
One of the best song-smiths (no pun intended) or our generation. It's like if one man possess all the talent of all four Beatles.

Blind Melon
A neo-psychedelic take on early 90s alternative rock. Blind Melon were really only known for their 1993 hit 'No Rain'. Vocalist Shannon Hoon has so much emotion packed into his voice.

Nick Drake
A great folk-rock artist who died before many people could hear his wonderful music. He had a brief surge in popularity in 2000, when his song was featured in a commercial. Thus allowing the current generation to hear his music.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I'm game.

Agree with the Blind Melon. It actually kind of irks me that 'No Rain' was the only song of theirs to receive any significant airplay. It's definitely the only song of theirs I continue to hear on mainstream radio.
The three Hoon albums were chalk full of nuggets.

Here's my pick.

This LA band spun out of the glam metal scene of the eighties with something a little different. They only cracked the top ten a few times and 'I' think Napolitano was a little to uncompromising to achieve any real mainstream success. This is a good thing.
Johnette's songwriting is gritty and raw, her lyrics are in fact stories and poems that draw you in. As a bassist she wrote groove heavy ditties, tapping into elements of all genres while clinging to hard-rock roots.
And lest we forget James Mankey, whose guitar style is unique and unmistakable.

Highly underrated band, Concrete Blonde.

·
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
6,560 Posts
Blind Melon, Nick Drake and Elliot Smith are all really highly rated, though.

I guess you mean more people should fucking listen to them? I'd agree with you there.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blind Melon, Nick Drake and Elliot Smith are all really highly rated, though.

I guess you mean more people should fucking listen to them? I'd agree with you there.
They're highly rated by many who listen to them, but not many people have heard of them.

·
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
6,560 Posts
They're highly rated by many who listen to them, but not many people have heard of them.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

I'm being a pedantic asshole, but they're not underrated.

·
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
6,560 Posts
What would you suggest as a better title for this topic then?
Awesome bands/artists that more motherfuckers should make an effort to listen to?

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I'm going with Black Stone Cherry. I know that they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I feel they are highly underrated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts