Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Re: Arrow Discussion Thread.

I don't want to get into comic spoilers on HIVE. I just really hope the writers don't drop the ball. Fans will be mind blown.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts

boo @ anarky being a run-of-the-mill sociopath murderer/rapist/whatever

I am disappoint

What was all that talk about the city needing a mayor to inspire them? Who the hell is inspired by politicians in the real world? Seriously. This show is ridiculous with the all the pro-statism given the Green Arrow character's anarchistic roots. Now Oliver Queen is going to become the mayor and save the city from "Anarky". Good lord, serenity now, hoochie mama, etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts

She also lacks much characterization beyond "being awkward, unbeatable at anything and wants to bone Oliver". No depth shown and s3 has been basically her doing the opposite of what Oliver wants so that there can be some tension.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts

ANOTHER Love Fern :allen1

"Who the hell are you?" is a very good question, because Oliver Queen who suddenly packs lunch for his girlfriend is just...

Felicity being CEO is about as ridiculous as her flying the ATOM suit. Basically, Ray's whole role on the show was to prop Felicity and Olicity.

RAY PALMER'S LEGACY :lmao I wonder how is Ray gonna take care of his suit when for reasons unknown he signed his company away :lmao

Mr Terrific, the self-made multi-millionaire with his 14 Ph.D.s and being gold medal winning Olympic decathlete and the third smartest person in the world... :cry Definitely should have been saved for The Flash.

Arrow, ruining awesome awesome characters since 2012. Fucking Felicity. Fucking no-one-can-be-smarter-than-her. :side:

Also, they buried Sara in a fucking corset? And she looks that well-kept after a year? :lol

And I actually missed all those pointless flashbacks so I have no idea what that was about, but Oliver keeps being undertrained and underlooking??? about his incoming flashback return.

Arrow!Mayor Oliver :lmao Seriously, so much more I would buy Smallville!Oliver doing all those things.

Laurel and Diggle remain the only saving grace of this fucking show. More scenes with just them :mark:

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts

boo @ anarky being a run-of-the-mill sociopath murderer/rapist/whatever

I am disappoint

What was all that talk about the city needing a mayor to inspire them? Who the hell is inspired by politicians in the real world? Seriously. This show is ridiculous with the all the pro-statism given the Green Arrow character's anarchistic roots. Now Oliver Queen is going to become the mayor and save the city from "Anarky". Good lord, serenity now, hoochie mama, etc.
In fairness Star City has basically been taken over by a gang of terrorists. In the US, no we don't have politicians that inspire us.

But I've been watching Narcos on Netflix and I kind of see where they are coming from with Oliver for mayor. Nobody is willing to stand up to the the HIVE. Everyone that has gets killed or quits because they are threatened. I can see someone value in having someone, a real person, being able to stand up for them and be willing to survive. He doesn't need to be in the government to be able to do that but it's more symbolic anyway. They just need someone to be a leader and stand up to the bad guys.

I see why you're unhappy with the Anarky guy though. But hey it's the US so any type of extreme political movement gets vilified. That's kind of our thing.

I liked the episode a lot this week again. I have to say that I really prefer when there is a big story going on and the show avoids the villain of the week idea. So the fact that it looks like the show has plans to continue sticking with a big story is probably a good sign for me at least.

Flashbacks seem a lot better to. The China idea was horrible last season but Oliver being back on the Island is a good call.

·
Registered
921 Posts

That Oliver-Thea scene in that abandoned factory was probably one of the worst executed scene I've seen in years. Was borderline cringe with the way it was shot.

I don't know how I feel about this episode. From being a really hopeful episode last week to this... I guess it will take time.

PS: I didn't know Lazarus pit could revive people dead for about 6-12 months.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

I think the tombstone at the end of episode 1 belongs to Detective Lance. If it were Felicity, I would've expected a bigger sobfest from Oliver and Barry. And Detective Lance is already having problems with Damien Dhark, so I think Dhark will kill him later in the season.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

That Oliver-Thea scene in that abandoned factory was probably one of the worst executed scene I've seen in years. Was borderline cringe with the way it was shot.

I don't know how I feel about this episode. From being a really hopeful episode last week to this... I guess it will take time.

PS: I didn't know Lazarus pit could revive people dead for about 6-12 months.
The longer you are dead, the crazier you become after being revived.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts

I think the tombstone at the end of episode 1 belongs to Detective Lance. If it were Felicity, I would've expected a bigger sobfest from Oliver and Barry. And Detective Lance is already having problems with Damien Dhark, so I think Dhark will kill him later in the season.
But if it was Lance's why wasn't Laurel present at her fathers grave?

Why was Oliver standing there alone/with Flash?

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

But if it was Lance's why wasn't Laurel present at her fathers grave?

Why was Oliver standing there alone/with Flash?
Maybe they had his funeral earlier in the day and after it finished Laurel left with everybody else, but Ollie decided to stick around then Barry showed up (he said he missed the funeral). They just didn't show the funeral part.

If they did show Laurel in the scene with Oliver, I think it would've made it a little obvious that it was Lance's tombstone.

·
I mark for me
11,419 Posts

I don't think Barry would show up to Lance's funeral.

I think it's Diggle. The "sorry I didn't come sooner" from Barry told me that he's personally met the person in the grave, but his lack of explicit outward emotion tells me it's probably not Felicity.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

Is there any significance in Oliver winking at Lance about working together and the leader of the troops winking at Oliver in the flashback?

[email protected] Sara's corpse being so well-maintained after 1 year in the ground.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts

tombstone is probably sara or thea and oliver probably killed them to stop the crazy.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Is there any significance in Oliver winking at Lance about working together and the leader of the troops winking at Oliver in the flashback?

[email protected] Sara's corpse being so well-maintained after 1 year in the ground.
yeah i thought it'd be nothing but bones by now. But i guess they needed it to to be at least somewhat still there in order for the Pit to work.

161 - 180 of 1618 Posts