Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1618 Posts

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts
Re: Arrow Discussion Thread.

honestly, the oliver/felicity house scenes were the best of the episode. The writing for anything serious seems to have picked up where it left off last season, which is disastrous.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

:ti I DETEST Nikki Bella with all my heart. No clue where you got that from but joke's on you.

AND as if that would somehow make me love or hate Laurel.
Well, they're both shitty characters with almost zero redeeming qualities, so don't act like it wouldn't make sense. :draper2

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Pretty crap episode except for that bomb shell at the end...which has my interest. Best case scenario, it's Felicity's tombstone. I have never been a Felicity hater, but she really needs to go. Her scenes with Oliver are downright nauseating and I don't like nice Oliver. I want Batman Oliver, which we saw in that final scene.

I don't really like team Arrow. I kind of wish he'd work alone for a while, or just team up with Flash. Thea was lame in this episode and Laurel will never be as cool as the original Canary. I wouldn't mind having Roy back though, and Diggle dropping his angst against Oliver and just being his bro like he used to be. The chicks needs to go though, sorry to say it. But Thea, Laurel and Felicity are all dragging this show down. Bring back Raj's daughter though. I'd LOVE to see her team up with Oliver

This show has really taken a turn for the worse. Flash had a better premiere, though what was on that USB just came out of left field, but this is the wrong thread to talk about Flash. I have to say though, I almost didn't recognize Edge in that episode

At this point, I'm more interested in Legends of Tomorrow and Daredevil season 2 than Arrow. I want to love this show again though, so I hope for better things going forward. This was THE comic book show not that long ago, now I'd place it behind Flash, Daredevil and even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

·
Life is Good.
3,924 Posts

It will probably take some time for me to really get used to Dig's helmet. Certain angles it looks pretty badass, other camera angles it looks too funny to be taken seriously. :lol

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

It will probably take some time for me to really get used to Dig's helmet. Certain angles it looks pretty badass, other camera angles it looks too funny to be taken seriously. :lol
Agree. For me it's the fact that they didn't make it an actual HELMET but a mask...fpalm so dumb.

·
I mark for me
11,419 Posts

Liked this ep more than the Flash. And we seen to have a plot a lot earlier than we did in season 3. Unfortunately for Arrow, they've still got some cleaning up to do from season 3, which is where most of my problems arose Felicity not only being completely fine with going back to the 'war,' BUT, having been helping this entire time. WTF? Can we get her character straight please? Diggle is still not over it? C'mon, fam.

But the good outweighed the bad for me. Damien Darkk was fun, if not the character I remember from the comics. The ep was relatively fast paced, and I didn't find myself wanting to skip through many scenes.
I'll give it a B or so. And without Merlyn, that's pretty fantastic.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Wow, surprised at all the positivity. I basically saw all the same problems from last season and didn't get the sense that this one will be any better. Arrow has a lot of baggage right now, crappy characters and bad story lines that are still lingering, and Olicity needs an assassin's blade shoved through its chest ASAP (fingers crossed it's her tomb stone). Right now, it feels NOTHING like the show it was in its first two seasons.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts

honestly, the oliver/felicity house scenes were the best of the episode. The writing for anything serious seems to have picked up where it left off last season, which is disastrous.
Yeah I really don't understand how people didn't find the house scenes funny. If you didn't like them I feel like you could be in the "you need to lighten up" category of fan.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

No way it's felicity, everyone can die but she'd be the last one standing to avenge them all. She's the ultimate mary sue.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

At some point, the producers will have to decide whether to follow the actual Green Arrow storyline or please the fangirls that make up half the Arrow fanbase. The funeral scene gives them 5 months to decide.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Yeah I really don't understand how people didn't find the house scenes funny. If you didn't like them I feel like you could be in the "you need to lighten up" category of fan.
Or we just recognize bad writing and an onscreen couple with zero chemistry. She's better with Palmer or Flash. Her and Oliver as an actual couple is like oil and water and it was really apparent this episode. All the pairings on both shows are a mess right now. Flash should be with Felicity, not Iris.

Oliver's scenes with Felicity feel very forced and very out of character. I don't know who I saw in that episode but it wasn't the Arrow. Not this goofy, smiley, surburbanite. Their scenes together were cringe worthy and nauseating.

I want that 6 months later Oliver, not this pussified, whipped, sitcom character we're seeing with Felicity. God, all his scenes with her were just AWFUL.

I hate this trope of taking a bad ass character and pairing him with a woman and having him then become lame. At least with Sara, he was still the same cool character.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts

Can someone please shoot Felicity dead. what a fucking character. Bitch go blow every billionaire in the city. Why can't Oliver get back with Laurel. That was decent mature couple.

and what the fuck is with her cheesy lines. Da Fuq, I had to mute here a couple of times.

PS: didn't like the first episode. Don't know why they have to make a fast pace show. Why can't they stage the return of Arrow and stretch it till mid season or season finale :shrug

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts

Good premiere, lot better than most of last season. (Liked it better than The Flash, which I thought was average.)

Good villain, I can hope. He's back on the island in the flashbacks for a bit so hopefully that'll be good too.

The grave being Felicity makes the most sense, but they also probably aren't killing her off. I REALLY hope it's not some stupid fakeout though. That'd be so awful.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

Or we just recognize bad writing and an onscreen couple with zero chemistry. She's better with Palmer or Flash. Her and Oliver as an actual couple is like oil and water and it was really apparent this episode. All the pairings on both shows are a mess right now. Flash should be with Felicity, not Iris.

Oliver's scenes with Felicity feel very forced and very out of character. I don't know who I saw in that episode but it wasn't the Arrow. Not this goofy, smiley, surburbanite. Their scenes together were cringe worthy and nauseating.

I want that 6 months later Oliver, not this pussified, whipped, sitcom character we're seeing with Felicity. God, all his scenes with her were just AWFUL.

I hate this trope of taking a bad ass character and pairing him with a woman and having him then become lame. At least with Sara, he was still the same cool character.
Hell, even Caitlin and Barry would make a good couple too. Their scenes together are usually really good and there seems like something could be there between them.

·
Registered
921 Posts

Not enjoyed an Arrow episode this much in a long time. Was really good and definitely gave signs of improvement from last season and even the Oliver-Felicity scenes were watchable. I am surprised by how much I like Laurel nowadays though. I just hope they don't ruin her again and keep her far away from any sort of romance-based storyline.

The final scene was definitely a shock. But I was thinking that it was quite odd to have Barry in there. I wonder if there is going to be some sort of time travel involved later on which could prevent the death of whoever it was. While the show could do with a major death or two at some point, I don't know if it's definitely confirmed someone will die in 6 months. Always a possibility of a huge Arrow/Flash crossover which might fix things.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts

^ Please no don't bring Flash's time travel ridiculousness to Arrow, which seems to be completely unaffected by Barry's time travel somehow.

Robert Quarles is the villain this season. :mark: YES.

Olicity works much better when they aren't being super melodramatic. Good to see it back in form. I don't think Felicity is the one in the grave. Too obvious, and I think Barry would be more broken up about it than "oh hey sorry I missed it, pat on the back, lates".

Really don't understand why we're doing more flashbacks. The China storyline last season was mostly a drag and definitely fizzled toward the latter half of the season, where they struggled to keep it relevant to current events. I don't think I have any more unanswered questions about Oliver's pre-season 1 activities so this seems like a forced distraction. Oh well, maybe it'll be good.

The opening scene where Laurel and Thea were riding straight into a storm of bullets and Thea is laughing and saying how fun it is was so over the top ridiculous. Taking Stormtrooper accuracy to the extreme.

Diggle why you shoot the guy who kills people by touching them with only a tranq dart but you shoot everyone else with bullets???

Overall pretty good episode spare a few dumb moments such as those I've mentioned plus Oliver's face being 90% visible in the video. Liked it better than Flash's premiere.

141 - 160 of 1618 Posts