Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Re: Arrow Discussion Thread.

They really are beating you over the head with Olicity being a thing , its quite annoying. "hey hey hey people look, they're a couple okay!? You see they're clearly together!? See see see?!?!?". It's obnoxious, we get it they're together we don't need to be told in every scene they're together .What's with Felicity having all this scientific knowledge and experience despite being only a computer geek? I swear she gains about 5 degrees in between seasons like its nothing. Kind of a lame villain but it was meant purely to have Oliver run for mayor which I had already thought he was going to do anyways, I like that he'll look more like the Green Arrow. Quentin wont stop bitching and is being completely hypocritical at the moment, same with Diggle which I don't think anyone noticed but did he have more than 1 or 2 scenes in that episode? Is Jerry Ryan really done after one episode? Damian Darhk is an interesting villain and I like the fact that he has his own set of principals and lines that he wont cross, its a different take on any villain Oliver has tackled so far.

The episode was fine overall , but it was nothing special

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

Sara is back!!! And she is still hot!

·
keeping it casual
8,891 Posts

how is the arrow going to have any rouges gallery if he keeps shipping them off to central city

cisqo naming arrow villains now :lel

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

This meta-human is worse than a low life thug in Star City. Scared off by Felicity and a tech geek. SMH

·
I mark for me
11,419 Posts

~Laurel back to being unlikeable? Knew it was only a matter of time.
~Diggle and Ollie stuff was pretty corny, but I'm glad to move past it.
~Thea & Merlyn = awesome.
~Damien Darhk = more awesome.

·
KO
5,432 Posts

Darhk might just be the most badass villain yet. In my eyes, he's already up there with Deathstroke and we've only seen him a couple of times.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Great episode. Arrow is feeling much improved compared to last season.

-Damien Darhk is fuckin awesome. Neal really knows how to play an evil boss.
-love how they are bringing back Sara which only means Constantine :mark:
-Really liked the stuff with Oliver and Diggle. Wish they thought of a more creative way to squash their beef than "you took a bullet for me" but it's only a nitpick
-I thought we were going to get a Roy rehash with Thea but I love the whole "bloodlust" thing. Interesting take. Also John Barrowman is awesome as usual
-Nyssa is back :eek:kada
-the felicity being a "badass" seems a bit forced. It's clear they are trying to fix the damage they did with her in Season 3.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts

Good to see John Barrowman back. He has excellent chemistry with Willa Holland, and well...everyone.

The card villain being scared out of town by Felicity and a machine gun she didn't know how to use was pretty silly.

·
I mark for me
11,419 Posts

The card villain being scared out of town by Felicity and a machine gun she didn't know how to use was pretty silly.
I thought it was more he didn't want to deal with Darhk after he made another move for the Arrow and didn't get the job done.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts

Yes, and he didn't get the job done because Felicity scared him off by shooting mostly at the ceiling.

·
Standing with The Man
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

Nit pick much? Now I am by no means an Olicity shipper and whether of not she should be doing this kind of stuff is a different matter but he was running out of town because he failed Darhk again and was afraid of what he'd do for failing again
Yes, and he didn't get the job done because Felicity scared him off by shooting mostly at the ceiling.
he ran from Felicity cause she got a lucky shot on him and he was injured it's like you people don't watch the episodes closely enough and want to poke holes where there is none. The fact she was just spraying and praying was actually a good thing how much worse would it have been if she was proficient with it?

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts

I don't know who "you people" are, I am the biggest Olicity shipper on here and liked the episode. Not sure how pointing out that a sequence of events came off as silly is "poking holes". I didn't say it was IMPLAUSIBLE, we are dealing with card throwing metahumans here afterall.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts

The OTA back by Oliciters' demand! :mark: :side: Now Oliciters will get even more into the idea that it's the greatest team in the history.

Also, what is this with Felicity being able to remotely control cranes now?! And being bossy towards Oliver and Diggle :lmao

"Why are you such a badass?" ???????????????????????????????????? Also, why do imcompetent shooters never actually look where they are shooting at?! But how ridiculous did Felicity look... :lmao

Don't know what purpose those flashbacks served but I don't give much of a fuck. Would IMO be better if they had just kept Oliver on the fucking island he was supposed to spend 5 years on.

And WOW, not being able to get excited about seeing a T-Sphere. :side:

Always nice to see Nyssa (Birds of Prey show with Laurel, Nyssa and Helena would be just :eek:kada)

But having to watch Sara once again... :side:

Though I love how people were loving Oliver not giving a fuck about his sister if it meant boning Felicity, but Laurel wanting to return her sister? What an insufferable idiot! Wouldn't be like this if someone else brought her back.

I'm not feeling Darhk because thus far they've managed to ruin every villain.

-the felicity being a "badass" seems a bit forced. It's clear they are trying to fix the damage they did with her in Season 3.
Except they are still doing the same thing they did last season.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

Nit pick much? Now I am by no means an Olicity shipper and whether of not she should be doing this kind of stuff is a different matter but he was running out of town because he failed Darhk again and was afraid of what he'd do for failing again

he ran from Felicity cause she got a lucky shot on him and he was injured it's like you people don't watch the episodes closely enough and want to poke holes where there is none. The fact she was just spraying and praying was actually a good thing how much worse would it have been if she was proficient with it?
He's not much of an assassin if a flesh wound cause him to run away from a cornered pair of non-combatants. It was just another case of bad writing to attempt to make Felicity a badass and not a liability in combat situation.

Look I understand plot armour and all but this is like Kevin Owens who was booked to crush jobbers and then running away from Summer Rae while seeking out Rusev because she managed to connect on him after flailing around randomly.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

Fucking hell that was a bad episode. Felicity was all over this episode. She became "mom" to Diggle and Oliver by talking down to them both which makes no sense. She foolishly explains that she works with the Green Arrow to a guy she's known for 2 weeks. She handles an assault rifle with relative ease and even hits the guy who is an assassin ...what the hell is that? There's no way someone who's never handled a gun before can actively hold an assault rifle that way and not have it you know fly out of her hands. They're trying to make her this bad ass that she shouldn't be while trying to make her "geeky" at the same time. The way she easily handled Double Down by kicking him in the shin which got bad ass remark by that guy in the glasses that I can't even remember his name. Also, how did Double Down know where to go ? It was supposed to be a secret basement no one knows about but he makes it there within seconds of them reaching the basement? I hate the show runners for forcing Felicity down everyones throats. They even added to her intelligence by claiming she was thinking about getting into dentistry , like come on.

The villain felt like such a low rent Gambit and wasn't even remotely good villain in general for the episode. He was just kind of there to be a jobber to Felicity

Flash backs are going to suck again because the show runners love their retcons, we get no Russia(so far), and we're already given a messy history with him , he still claims he's been in hell for 5 years when technically he wasn't. Also, what about season 1 episode 1 where he was found with long hair and a long beard ? Already been retconned but I'm sure he'll have fast acting hair growth. Before the end of this episode I would have said Diggle and his stupid mask need to go because he's being a whiny bitch, but at least half of that seems to be over with. Part of me thinks Diggle will be an ass the entire season and the more I think about it, the more I feel as though it'll be Diggle who dies at the end of the season. How they've been playing this out with them having a rough go of things , Diggle wanting to take down all of HIVE which ties into Damian Darhk which I assume will kill him and thus taking out 2 brothers in the process. It just makes sense to me.

The Nanda Parbat scenes were stupid as well. Laurel is becoming annoying again and just doesn't care about what people say. I don't see why Malcolm would just flip from saying no to using the lazarus pit one moment to all of the sudden saying it was okay. They're writing him like an idiot now too , he sends 2 of his own men for his daughter to kill even though there was potential for her to you know get killed in the process. Again the only one who seems to care is Nyssa because you know she's the only rational person out of all those scenes. Who honestly thinks reviving a year old corpse is a good idea?

Hopefully the next episode is better than this last one

·
Life is Good.
3,924 Posts

Felicity going off on Oli and Diggs tho. :banderas

On another note it's going to be exciting to hear Sara's first words after returning to life.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Looks like I'll have to get caught up on Constantine this weekend

Still not sold on this season and Flash wasn't that great this week either, but I'm jumping for joy at having Sara back

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Now if we could just kill off Thea, Laurel and Felicity and just pair Sara back up with Oliver, keep Diggle, Lance, and bring back Roy and throw in Raz Al gul's daughter and Katana, that'd be pretty sweet. Way better Team Arrow that would be than the one we currently have.

A man can dream

181 - 200 of 1618 Posts