·
Premium Member
11,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
I mean, good for him.

But that doesn’t change the constant opinion that 205 Live is mostly a nothing show. And I don’t blame the guy as they have to follow Smackdown after the crowd has already seen Orton, Styles, Nakamura aka the big stars and they can’t do everything they’re capable of it.

And comparing the situation to FCW with Rollins and Ambrose. Those 2 competed in a warehouse in front of maybe 100 people because developmental was so different back then. 205 airs in big arenas. Not really an apt comparison.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,023 Posts
Good on Ariya Daivari for defending arguably the most underrated WWE brand in 205 Live :eek:

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts
The development argument works for guys like Daivari, but it doesn't for guys like Aries and Neville. They could, and should, be doing better things.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,478 Posts
I agree with him but the real issue is whether WWE shows patience and lets the show and the talent develop and grow or do they cut bait and turn it into Superstars-lite or just cancel and release.

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
205 live is the best wrestling show they produce most weeks.

WWE just doesn't give enough of a shit to make it feel important enough for people to care.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Wait, so he's saying that 205 live is supposed to be developmental? I thought it was a show for established cruiserweights to do their thing.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Wrestlingwise the CWs in WWE are the best they have, as it probably should be, but given that they have time on Raw, PPVs and their own show and most guys don't have stories to tell or characters to portray is still a massive issue for me and until it becomes more than just an in ring show, it will always be the first thing I skip as I have way too much WWE content to wade through on a weekly basis as is.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
Wait, so he's saying that 205 live is supposed to be developmental? I thought it was a show for established cruiserweights to do their thing.
Most of the guys in the CWC were pretty young, and the guys they signed were given NXT contracts, they don't tour with the main roster for live events and occasionally work the NXT Florida shows. That's as close to developmental as it gets without doing bumps and rolls at the PC everyday.

·
Registered
746 Posts
the only time i watched it i saw a guy that looked like i could beat the shit out of in 10th grade tie a guy in a knot...

looks like indy flip garbage to me.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
The problems with 205 live is not the talent. It is when the show is placed and how they are used on Raw.

·
Registered
747 Posts
That would've been a good point if he wasn't comparing a fully fledged show with apparent professionals who we are reminded are at the top of their game and that have 'travelled the world' with a developmental brand that didn't have a majorly advertised and 'finished product' show.

Basically this guy is saying ' we are learning on the job'. Yes you are, which is why it sucks.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,678 Posts
I respect Ariya Daivari for defending 205 live. But let's face the facts here. You can have the best CW's in the division but if the booking is not right, then it all doesn't matter.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,426 Posts
Daivari wants to join Jinder's stable so bad lol.

Reactions: Kratosx23

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Can't compare Dean and Seth working in a small arena in front of 200 people to working inside a big arena in front of 15 thousand.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
205 live is WWE's most consistent show, hands down. I mean, whens the last time was there a bad 205 live show? Raw or Smackdown has had a constant cycle of huge highs and deep lows and unfortunately both shows are in deep lows right now. NXT shows tend to range from the mediocre to average with a decent show now and then although they cover for it by having amazing takeovers. All the while, 205 live has slowly been chugging along, acting as the solid base while building their characters and storylines and I think the WWE has stumbled upon the key to make the crowds care. Sasha banks involvement has shown to finally make the crowds invest in what was already a good feud. All they need now is to slowly incorporate more main roster guys into the 205 live storylines or at least don't treat it like a sideshow act and let the cruiserweights interact with the big boys once in a while.

Reactions: december_blue
1 - 20 of 26 Posts