Wrestling Forum banner

Aries vs Hardy Discussion Thread

4764 Views 63 Replies 56 Participants Last post by  ErrybodyTaps

First off all, I love this poster. And I don't know about you guys but the more I think about this main-event, the more excited I am about it. Both men had some great matches in 2012 and they never faced eachother. I think it's going to be a very exciting match and the crowd will be into it! It's also going to be interesting to see if the entire crowd will be behind Hardy or seperate. It could very well be the best BFG main-event in TNA history.
See less
First off all, I love this poster. And I don't know about you guys but the more I think about this main-event, the more excited I am about it. Both men had some great matches in 2012 and they never faced eachother. I think it's going to be a very exciting match and the crowd will be into it! It's also going to be interesting to see if the entire...
See more
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
Re: How excited are you for Aries vs Hardy

3/10. I'm looking forward to the rest of BFG though. If Hardy wins I will riot! ;)

This isn't really whining or anything as some others have been doing plus there's not that much of a problem in my eyes with the drug issue either. He's clean now, good on him.

BUT I've never been a fan of him, maybe it's just me but I don't know he really bores me. However if he puts Aries over who am I to complain? :)

· You are being watched
6,577 Posts

9/10. Possible US MOTY and will be an absolute treat to sit and watch if TNA book it how they should and Hardy and Aries perform as well as they can and as well as we know they can.

· Registered
2,673 Posts

I really don't think Hardy will make it to BFG. He's the perfect babyface to sacrifice in order to get some heat on the Aces & 8s leader, who will end up facing Aries.

I really hope this happens:
.Bully is revealed to be the Aces & 8s leader (or at least a high-ranking member)
.The Aces destroy Hardy (building heat)
.Bully faces Aries at BFG and wins (due to the major Aces & 8s members interfering, full Aces & 8s reveal afterwards)
.Storm, fresh off finally beating Roode, goes after Bully (revenge for framing him)
.Aries does the same, starting a rivalry between him and Storm (setting up a Storm/Aries showdown for the title later on)

However, if they choose to go with just Hardy/Aries, it'll be great as long as Hardy has his head in the game, and it'll put Aries over big time. As a Hardy fan, I'm hoping he can stay good for this one. 8/10.

· Registered
2,860 Posts

I kinda lost any interest in Hardy once he pulled that stunt with his match against Sting. When he came back they made him face again and he lost that appeal. I also feel that they are backsliding by giving the biggest title match to an ex wwe guy. I know he's been in TNA for 2 years already, but we all know he will eventually end up back in WWE.

· I did nothing wrong
9,678 Posts

9/10.

Sure to be epic. But they need to book this match better than Styles/Sting and Hardy/Anderson/Angle, which were all face vs face matches. They need to try and channel believable face vs face feuds like Austin/Rock in 2001. Build on hate. Not on respect.

· Finally...
6,253 Posts
I kinda lost any interest in Hardy once he pulled that stunt with his match against Sting. When he came back they made him face again and he lost that appeal. I also feel that they are backsliding by giving the biggest title match to an ex wwe guy. I know he's been in TNA for 2 years already, but we all know he will eventually end up back in WWE.
Hardy is one of the known wreslers in the World its good foe business Who gives a crap if he worked for the wwe like seriously I really dont get that fixation people go with that

9/10.

Sure to be epic. But they need to book this match better than Styles/Sting and Hardy/Anderson/Angle, which were all face vs face matches. They need to try and channel believable face vs face feuds like Austin/Rock in 2001. Build on hate. Not on respect.
This.Pretty Much Should be Awesome :D

Poster of Epicness is Epic :D...Time for a new Sig pic :D

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,721 Posts

I'm not truly interested in it, at least with Aries Vs Storm or Aries Vs Samoa Joe, you can get a really great match, maybe a MOTY candidate, and Aries Vs Bully Rey just for the fact that you have the top face in the company feuding with arguably the top heel of the company. Aries Vs Hardy on the otherhand doesn't really make me excited.

· Registered
1,128 Posts

8/10

Im sure that the match itself will be great, but last year we had incredible buildup of the Roode against Angle, newly made solo wrestler vs ancient wrestling machine. This year, we have Aries who is fighting against A&8s, and Hardy who will be fighting trough the injury until BFG.

Bully vs Aries however... that would be 10/10

· Registered
155 Posts

Jeff Hardy is one of the biggest stars of today's era. Austin Aries is lucky to have this match with him at the biggest TNA PPV of the year.

· Registered
1,509 Posts

I really don't think Hardy will make it to BFG. He's the perfect babyface to sacrifice in order to get some heat on the Aces & 8s leader, who will end up facing Aries.

I really hope this happens:
.Bully is revealed to be the Aces & 8s leader (or at least a high-ranking member)
.The Aces destroy Hardy (building heat)
.Bully faces Aries at BFG and wins (due to the major Aces & 8s members interfering, full Aces & 8s reveal afterwards)
.Storm, fresh off finally beating Roode, goes after Bully (revenge for framing him)
.Aries does the same, starting a rivalry between him and Storm (setting up a Storm/Aries showdown for the title later on)
Wow, that's a fantastic scenario. Brilliant! It would make perfect sense, too. It would really put Bully Ray in the spotlight, and he deserves it!

· Registered
98 Posts

I'm highly anticipating this match due to the fact that it is a very fresh match and one we haven't seen in TNA so far. Having already seen Aries vs Joe and Aries vs Ray before, this was the only other match-up which made sense. Storm was always likely to face Roode at BFG and while Bully Ray would have made a good choice, I don't think it would have been as high profile as this match. I believe that these two can put on a great show if they are giving the right amount of time to showcase their talents.

However, I am praying to God that we don't get the typical TNA clusterfuck booking for BFG main events that we have had for the past two years. I am thinking more specifically about Jeff Hardy turning heel back in 2010 and joining Immortal. If TNA does something like that again and turns Aries heel ( there is no way Hardy is turning heel) by having him joining A&8s, it could ruin what might be a very good match.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.