Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aries coming back to TNA was one of the biggest mistakes Dixie has ever made in the history of TNA. You thought signing Hogan and Bischoff was bad? You hate seeing Crimson and Garrett Bischoff on TV? This guy tops them all. He's bland and has no character. I don't want anyone on here to give me the "Oh he's the greatest man to ever lived" crap. He stole that line from Weezer and he one of the most boring personalities in TNA. The only small amount of credit I can give him is that he's decent in the ring. He can be carried to a great match from time to time but he's not that great.

I would say he's killing the X-Division but he's the final nail in the coffin. There isn't any talent in the division worth putting the belt on and unfortunately he was the guy they had to put the title on. I wish Hogan would just scrap the division and strip Aries of the title already because seeing Aries as the champ is disgusting knowing guys like AJ Styles, Somaoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Abyss, and Jay Lethal were holding the strap but now we're reduced to this joke.

I never like him as Austin Starr, I hated second run in ROH as A Double, and I hate his run now. Maybe there is hope for the X-Division but it'll never get there with a guy like Aries in it.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Austin Aries is awesome and he's finally bringing some attention back to the X-Division. Great champion, great character, great wrestler, just...great.

Also, the fact that you put Abyss in the list of great X-Division champions severely reduces the credibility of this thread.

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Austin Aries is awesome and he's finally bringing some attention back to the X-Division. Great champion, great character, great wrestler, just...great.

Also, the fact that you put Abyss in the list of great X-Division champions severely reduces the credibility of this thread.
Ok, I may have over-exaggerated but he at least had a good story to why he won and he dropped the title it was meaningful to Kendrick winning and the X-Division as a whole. Aries does nothing for the division and he doesn't put anyone over and even if he does drop it to some one there won't be any credibility in beating him.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
hogan and bischoff killed the x division by featuring it for 5 minutes every month ...put the blame where it belongs

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Ok, I may have over-exaggerated but he at least had a good story to why he won and he dropped the title it was meaningful to Kendrick winning and the X-Division as a whole. Aries does nothing for the division and he doesn't put anyone over and even if he does drop it to some one there won't be any credibility in beating him.
No it wasn't. That storyline did more to kill the credibility of the X-Division then Aries' reign has with Immortal treating the X-Division guys as jobbers and children and by the time Kendrick beat Abyss for the title after the third or fourth shot at him no one cared and it looked like a fluke. Then Kendrick's reign was boring and filled with bad matches until Aries came along. Aries does need new challengers and TNA dropped the ball with a potential Shelley/Aries feud that could have lasted for a couple of months while they filled the void but considering since he's come in he's easily been one of the best workers on the roster he's ain't the reason the division isn't where it could be.

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Give me a great, center-filled storyline with the X Division that had a relevant champion before Austin Aries?

I'll wait...
The feud between AJ Styles/Daniels/Joe over the title comes to mind. They were featured heavily and got a lot of time over that feud. When Kurt Angle beat Somoa Joe for the X-Division title and lost it to Lethal it was star making moment for Lehtal. Even Brain Kendrick winning was a big deal because he was bringing the title back to the X-Divsion. Kendrick got people to care about him winning. Sucks he had to drop it to Aries.

·
21,054 Posts
The feud between AJ Styles/Daniels/Joe over the title comes to mind. They were featured heavily and got a lot of time over that feud. When Kurt Angle beat Somoa Joe for the X-Division title and lost it to Lethal it was star making moment for Lehtal. Even Brain Kendrick winning was a big deal because he was bringing the title back to the X-Divsion. Kendrick got people to care about him winning. Sucks he had to drop it to Aries.
But Lethal beating Angle was more about that then any feud with the X-Division, plus we all saw that that was going to be the first of many times they drop the ball with Lethal. And more people were excited about Kendrick appearing on the Price is Right then him winning the title. Wasn't even the main event on the ppv, more people talked about the 4way with Aries/Ki/Evans/Ion then the title match and then everyone was happy when Kendrick dropped the belt to Aries.

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me just ask a simple question. Who the hell did Aries ever beat as the champ? He beat a bunch of no name bums that didn't even have any build whatsoever. Maybe Shelly/Aries was a good build but they fucked it up by not having Shelly take the title off of Aries. Maybe if Aries feuded with RVD, Styles, or Joe maybe I would care a little about the division.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
ok, why do u always need to bash aries for no other reason other then the fact that YOU dont like him? aries as x division champ has been great. only problem is that there isnt enuff challengers for him any more. they should put aj back there and sign el generico and petey while they build guys like nese and ion.

decent in the ring? bland? no character? boring personality? out of every1 in tna (garett, gunner, MA, shannon moore, robbie e, rob terry)u say aries is boring, decent in the ring? imo aries is the best in ring wrestler tna has, is 1 of the best promo cutters in all of wrestling, has a great look, tons of charisma, shit, he even got a big reaction at lockdown in front of that piss poor crowd.

damn, did aries fuckin kick your dog or something? aries is here to stay, so if u dont like him, dont watch.

#TGMTEL

·
21,054 Posts
Let me just ask a simple question. Who the hell did Aries ever beat as the champ? He beat a bunch of no name bums that didn't even have any build whatsoever. Maybe Shelly/Aries was a good build but they fucked it up by not having Shelly take the title off of Aries. Maybe if Aries feuded with RVD, Styles, or Joe maybe I would care a little about the division.
It's not Aries' fault that they brought out Jesse Sorenson without giving him a shred of personality or gimmick besides "dude who played high-school football" or mismanaging a potential Shelley/Aries storyline or not utilizing the roster to its' potential or butchering the X-Division so bad prior to Aries winning that it's been an uphill battle. That's TNA's booking team that should be blamed. All Aries has been doing is having good matches and getting over. In terms of ppv matches I'd probably say he's had either the best or second best match on the show since coming in except for one of the Kendrick matches he had up until Lockdown.

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
decent in the ring? bland? no character? boring personality? out of every1 in tna (garett, gunner, MA, shannon moore, robbie e, rob terry)u say aries is boring, decent in the ring? imo aries is the best in ring wrestler tna has, is 1 of the best promo cutters in all of wrestling, has a great look, tons of charisma, shit, he even got a big reaction at lockdown in front of that piss poor crowd.

damn, did aries fuckin kick your dog or something? aries is here to stay, so if u dont like him, dont watch.

#TGMTEL
I would rather watch Garrett and Crimson have a 1 hour Iron Man match than to sit and watch Aries on my TV screen for 5 minutes.

I dislike him because of the blind unwarranted love he gets on this board. There is a reason why guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan is world champions headlining Wrestle Mania and Aries is stuck being a flop of a champion of a dead divison. He's not that great. There is no real talent to be had for him.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I would rather watch Garrett and Crimson have a 1 hour Iron Man match than to sit and watch Aries on my TV screen for 5 minutes.

I dislike him because of the blind unwarranted love he gets on this board. There is a reason why guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan is world champions headlining Wrestle Mania and Aries is stuck being a flop of a champion of a dead divison. He's not that great. There is no real talent to be had for him.
fpalmthats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever read on this forum, and ive read some posts from the wwe section.

as for the rest of the post, u dont like him because a lot of other people are fans of his? as far as punk and danielson "headlining" mania, u mean jobbing to hhh's workout buddy and having a bland match with jericho?

i get that u dont like aries, but your reasons and arguments are dumb.

·
21,054 Posts

You don't come off as bitter at all. Not in the slightest. So who would you have as X-Division champ to get it back on track? Lazy-ass RVD? Styles being knocked down to mid-carder again? Boring ass Kaz?

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Styles is a mid card act. They fucking killed whatever momentum he had and what he represents to this company. I honestly don't know who there is who should dethrone Aries from the belt. I'd rather have the whole division get scrapped and brought back when the have the proper talent in place to make it relevant again.

·
21,054 Posts
The division may not be as high-profile as it should be (still better then the tag division) but the champ is since he's in a feud with the second-highest profile heel they have in Bully Ray. People like him, he's charismatic and he's oen of the better workers in the company right now. You actually put storylines that showcase the X-division guys besides him like Shelley or Sabin or even Daniels considering their good match on tv and the division would be fine. That's the booking team's job, not Aries.

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the booking team effectively killed the one of the things that made this company stand out as it's own unique brand. Having Aries at the head of it just solidifies that.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I don't watch TNA all that much, but when I do, AA is practically always the highlight for me. Dude seems like a sick tweener imo.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts