Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Mooneyham posted an interview with TNA star Austin Aries.

Aries readily admits that he’s not a proponent of the ladder concept.

“I hate those types of matches. I’m not a fan. When I broke in, I didn’t say teach me how to climb the ladder or teach me how to scale the ropes 20 feet above the ring. I understand why they’re there, I understand why the fans enjoy them, but it takes me out of my element. I just have to prepare differently. There’s a lot of moving parts and a lot of factors that come into play that usually aren’t there. We’re all going to go out there and put on the best performance we can.”
gerweck.net

So his promos during the feud with Hardy weren't just a part of the storyline!

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
Understandable why he'd say that, considering the risk for injury is greatly enhanced in matches involving aspects of elevation and you never truly learn how to fall. A Double's reason could also make for good storytelling leading up to and during his 4-way match with Jeff, Sabin and Manik.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
If I were a wrestler I wouldn't like it either. One wrong foot and you could end up seriously injured if not dead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Understandable why he'd say that, considering the risk for injury is greatly enhanced in matches involving aspects of elevation and you never truly learn how to fall. A Double's reason could also make for good storytelling leading up to and during his 4-way match with Jeff, Sabin and Manik.
Oh give me a break. If he's not willing to put his body on the line he doesn't belong in wrestling. AA is severly overrated and his gimmick sucks.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Makes sense because i think what Aries prides on,Is putting on a good match and making every other person look good and him even better. When you have objects to work with that takes away from the true story of 2 guys going at it.

Also all to his own to the guy thats hating on him. But he is talented weather you decide to believe it or not. Noone said anyone has to like anyone even if they are talented.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can see how he would dislike working those types of matches.
Whether it´s setting up spots or working the crowd, both the psychology, and the physichs of those types of matches are quite different from working in a normal ring.

Oh give me a break. If he's not willing to put his body on the line he doesn't belong in wrestling.
You should read what Aries actually says in the interview, he didn´t talk about how dangerous the matches are, but how it takes him out of his element, i.e. how hard it is to work these types of matches compared to regular matches.

If you dislike Aries, that´s fine with me. But you should at least try to give people critique based on what they say or do.
Doing so would make you seem less of a moron.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts