Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Ariel is the best interviewer in all of MMA currently and has a bad ass MMA show called the MMA Hour. Awesome guy who also really likes wrestling as well. He did an hour and a half sit down interview with Paul Heyman and it was amazing on many different levels.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Should it mean shit to me?

I mean he makes a few points (emotional investment/scripted shows), but ultimately he's just another fan. Sure he was backstage at some TNA shows and is friends with Kurt Angle and Paul Heyman, but is his opinion really the be all end all of anything? No. In fact he contradicts himself completley saying "It's not realistic anymore" yet the last wrestling PPV he enjoyed was an ECW PPV. ECW was realistic? Bitch please.

They can shit all over wrestling all they want, but the product isn't geared towards people that want to see a realistic sport like MMA. It's geared towards children and WWE is making enough money off of those children that the change in their product makes sense.

I'm a fan of MMA too. I can enjoy the legitimate sport on one hand and enjoy the art of professional wrestling on the other hand. Wrestling is no less believable than it was when The Rock kicked out of 10 chair shots. Obviously these guys were just attitude era pseudo wrestling fans.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Should it mean shit to me?
Why do you feel the need to point it out, it just sounds defensive.

In fact he contradicts himself completley saying "It's not realistic anymore" yet the last wrestling PPV he enjoyed was an ECW PPV. ECW was realistic? Bitch please.
2+2=5

I'm a fan of MMA too. I can enjoy the legitimate sport on one hand and enjoy the art of professional wrestling on the other hand. Wrestling is no less believable than it was when The Rock kicked out of 10 chair shots. Obviously these guys were just attitude era pseudo wrestling fans.
Ok

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The reason I was pointing it out is because is his opinion really that worthy of any more respect than any other wrestling fan on this forum or any other wrestling fan posting videos about wrestling on youtube.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
*cocks head* To me, this just comes across as 'wrestling sucks these days, watch mma'. This interview screams that and the use of old names that hardcore(?) fans recall with them all hopping ship.

Reactions: scrilla

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
He wants them to go back to 4 PPV's a year? He would make a terrible businessman.

Even during the Attitude Era there were not four PPVs a year. he confuses me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's funny how he talks about wrestling turning him off due to seeing the condition wrestlers were in backstage at TNA or the bumps Chris Benoit took playing a role into what happened with him, yet he talks about how wrestling needs a more realistic looking approach. That would involve wrestlers having to work a more physical, hard hitting style that would lead to more of these situations that were a turn off to him. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I also love how he was going on about wrestling's problems, yet he was going on about Chael Sonnen being so great. SO what was it that caused Chael's suspension again? Ofcourse, the only line of defense will be that UFC is not as f'd up as WWE. That doesn't mean that any negatives UFC has should be ignored as a result.

·
Banned
386 Posts
The reason I was pointing it out is because is his opinion really that worthy of any more respect than any other wrestling fan on this forum or any other wrestling fan posting videos about wrestling on youtube.
Are you jealous of him or something? Why do you need to point this out? All very odd.

I also love how he was going on about wrestling's problems, yet he was going on about Chael Sonnen being so great. SO what was it that caused Chael's suspension again? Ofcourse, the only line of defense will be that UFC is not as f'd up as WWE. That doesn't mean that any negatives UFC has should be ignored as a result.
It was probably taped before the Sonnen thing.

I love this 2+2=5 nitpicking by taking something he said and then putting it side by side with something he says in a different context.

It's funny how he talks about wrestling turning him off due to seeing the condition wrestlers were in backstage at TNA or the bumps Chris Benoit took playing a role into what happened with him, yet he talks about how wrestling needs a more realistic looking approach. That would involve wrestlers having to work a more physical, hard hitting style that would lead to more of these situations that were a turn off to him. Makes no sense to me.
He is talking about presentation too.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I'm not jealous of anything. I'm just saying his opinion doesn't mean more than any other fan that is out there. If you don't understand that then that's your own problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts