Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not saying I am or not. But it often seems like Breeze gets the short end of the stick.

He's the guy who built his character since last year and made himself a main stay in NXT and a main eventer in NXT. He's one of the most popular guys on the roster, despite being a heel.

But ever since Takeover: Fatal Fourway, he's taken a back seat. He hasn't had a real "feud" since then. Guys like Balor, Itami, and Owens have jumped ahead of him in turns of rank while only being there a few months on TV. He didn't have a match at the last special. And now, it seems like he is going to have a feud with Marcus Louis. Now, I think this feud can be good with the right storytelling, it's a step down.

And it seems like every time they hype something with graphics recently like moving to Wednesday or their live events, he's nowhere to be seen. They plaster the NXT Five and maybe Charlotte but usually leave Breeze off.

So again, I'm not complaining about the NXT Five getting the spots they're getting because they're proving they deserve it. But I would like to here from others if they think Breeze is getting a raw deal or if he's in the right spot.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Yes, I am. He should be fired, and he is taking important air time for someone else. I don't know what in the blue hell fans of his are smoking. Tyler Breeze is easily the most awful gimmick in the WWE today not wearing a Bunny costume. Guy is a failure. Nothing about his character makes any sense, and it's not for wrestling. Fire him please!

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Right now at the moment he is being overshadowed by all the recent NXT signings like Steen, Balor, Itami etc. When the hype and dust settles I'm sure they will give him a push again but right now he has been swept under rug by the high influx of talent. I like Breeze he is entertaining.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Yes and no... he's in a spot he can still get to showcase his in ring ability so that is always always a plus. I think he deserves more recognition, but I also understand that with Balor, Itami, Owens, Neville, Sami (I had to retype that several damn times to get their names down right....) and Breeze isn't quite at that level. His ability is close, but he needs some tweaking with the gimmick.

However, with NXT I have full faith that he will be given that chance and won't just be fucked over like the Raw roster and have to pull a ZIggler or Bryan and get over despite the front office. Amazing what building trust with your audience allows isn't it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like Breeze overall, he throws a good spin kick. I'm looking forward to seeing if he gets any character development in this next feud considering that Marcus could be the monster heel in the equation.

On the main roster I could see him getting stuck in a tag team with Fandango or something but at least he might get a tag title out of that.

60,006 Posts
I enjoy Tyler immensely. I do fear he has a ceiling to his success. It's very much a comedy gimmick and he is constrained by that. Couple that with his lack of size, and he is constrained from ever getting near that brass ring. I thought he was very talented as Mike Dalton and I have found his Breeze character to be a personal favorite of mine. I would like to think he would be able to break through in WWE and exceed my expectations but Vince probably sees him as an "uggo" who just lacks in the "look" that he so desperately desires.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Not really. This gimmick of his has absolutely no shelf life because there's not much you can do with it. Once he's called up, he's absolutely fucked. He'll be jobbing to the Bull on ME in no time.
Exactly what I've been saying. His gimmick ensures he will only ever be a jobber on the main roster. He should just stay in NXT forever and hope to have a couple of runs with the belt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts