Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hated cena, but now he lifts the most , he trains the hardest, and his recovery time is off the charts. have you any respect for him?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
I can't say I've ever disrespected Cena, the guy clearly works hard, he is very dedicated, probably a bit of a yes man, but there is no hesitation of a doubt that he puts a lot into the WWE and he's very loyal and dedicated to the product.

The problem for me is the whole, how he's pushed into our faces way too much, like winning the Royal Rumble this year was the worst result ever, that's not anything against Cena it's just he doesn't need it, and other talent deserve these things more, yet he takes it and does it, sure he's gotta do what he's told as Vince is his boss, but surely he could have said something about giving other talent the spot or something, but I doubt he does, I think he just takes it, which I suppose some may say is fair enough, but still.

I mean, even now he's had to come back earlier than expected, was supposed to be out 6 months, maybe they are going to play on his injury here in the match with Del Rio, who knows, he did go a little while putting people over last year I think it was, but it didn't last long, and he was back to super Cena once again and I think this is the problem about it, it gets to a lot of people way too much and WWE really need to start to listen to what their fans want a bit more, I feel this is very important.

I don't think many people hate Cena, as a person that much ... I think it's more the way he's pushed down our throats, which obviously he gets the backlash from in the end.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I'm not sure he lifts the most and trains the hardest. Ryback for example spends several hours a day in the gym and lifts more than Cena. I would need some kind of proof he's really working harder than guys like Ryback.

Cena's recovery times are very quick though. So much so that I suspect he's using HGH or something of the sort. That or WWE embellishes his actual injuries like Kobe does to pretend like he's more of a warrior for playing through it.

As for respecting him, yeah I do. I have for awhile. I don't let his on screen character make me hate him personally. I don't even hate his on screen character anymore tbh. The only thing I really hated was how he was always put over everyone while almost never losing. Now there are other guys who are just as guilty or are moreso of that than Cena. So really, it's hard to just be on Cena's case for it anymore.

·
Buried by Triple H
3,317 Posts
I can't say I've ever disrespected Cena, the guy clearly works hard, he is very dedicated, probably a bit of a yes man, but there is no hesitation of a doubt that he puts a lot into the WWE and he's very loyal and dedicated to the product.

The problem for me is the whole, how he's pushed into our faces way too much, like winning the Royal Rumble this year was the worst result ever, that's not anything against Cena it's just he doesn't need it, and other talent deserve these things more, yet he takes it and does it, sure he's gotta do what he's told as Vince is his boss, but surely he could have said something about giving other talent the spot or something, but I doubt he does, I think he just takes it, which I suppose some may say is fair enough, but still.

I mean, even now he's had to come back earlier than expected, was supposed to be out 6 months, maybe they are going to play on his injury here in the match with Del Rio, who knows, he did go a little while putting people over last year I think it was, but it didn't last long, and he was back to super Cena once again and I think this is the problem about it, it gets to a lot of people way too much and WWE really need to start to listen to what their fans want a bit more, I feel this is very important.

I don't think many people hate Cena, as a person that much ... I think it's more the way he's pushed down our throats, which obviously he gets the backlash from in the end.
:clap This

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Flamebait :cena4

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
you may think the World Title was his inspiration to come back but he probably was handed a nice big bonus to come back early.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I can't respect people who don't respect Cena... or any in-ring talent for that matter. Most of the guys who bitch about him would cry like a teenage girl if they went through a single training session, much less 10+ years of doing this night in, night out like Cena has.
We don't make as much money as Cena though. :ex:

·
Registered
323 Posts
i hated cena, but now he lifts the most , he trains the hardest, and his recovery time is off the charts. have you any respect for him?
None of those things make him a better wrestler. So, no, still no respect. His terrible ring skills haven't changed or evolved in any way whatsoever for his entire career. He is in the wrestling business and the only words I can come up with to describe his skills are negative ones. Like shitty. Or fucking awful. I don't understand how he has been around so long and not made one little bit of improvement. The levels of incompetence is baffling. Has he actually seen a Death Valley Driver done by anybody ever? Somebody should probably show him a clip of Perry Saturn or Louie Spicoli doing it right. Ok I'd better stop, this rant could start to get long winded...

·
Registered
835 Posts
OldSchoolCool summed it up in a nutshell for me. Well done sir

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
OldSchoolsCool pretty much summed it up for me. But I'll add a couple more things:

I don't hate John Cena. For the most part, I do respect him. I respect pretty much every wrestler who has ever stepped into the ring, as long as they respect the business.

I hate his character & I hate that Vince & his 'creative' team shove Cena down everyone's collective throat, call him an 'underdog' when a blind person can see that he's the most over pushed wrestler since Hulk Hogan.
I hate that Vince & company believes that in 2013, the best thing for business is to have an unbeatable, smiling babyface completely dominate the rest of the locker room.

Vince has changed the business, the look of RAW & Smackdown several times over the past decade, his main eventers, he even took his private company public, but he's still thinking that the business needs to be run the way it was when he started working for his dad back in the early 1970's.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
I can't respect people who don't respect Cena... or any in-ring talent for that matter. Most of the guys who bitch about him would cry like a teenage girl if they went through a single training session, much less 10+ years of doing this night in, night out like Cena has.
Why would they if they're winning every match, half assing every segment, and still getting the biggest push and most money out of everybody else? For 10 straight years.

I'm a Cena fan by the way.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I respect John Cena for reaching the top without having a godfather in the industry or coming from a non-wrestling background.Cena didn't get pushed from day one.He knew his strengths and weakness.Regardless of what anyone says,he worked his ass off to reach that position.That being said,I respect many wrestlers as well for reaching the top through hardwork and dedication.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I've never not respected Cena the man, the wrestler. I am just so goddamned sick of the same ol' same ol' being pushed down our throats for the past decade that at this point I'd rather he just fuck off for good. It's always the same goddamned shit with him. The overcoming the odds angle they keep trying to sell us is downright insulting to our intelligence. You cannot be a dominant 13 time world champion and be considered an underdog, EVER.

That and the fact that he is sold to us as a GOAT but you cannot be a GOAT if you can only be a face. All the GOATs, every single one of them from Hogan, to Stone Cold to The Rock, they ALL had heel runs. Being a face is only half of the business. You can't have faces without having heels too. To be a GOAT, you gotta be able to do both. Until Cena proves he can do both as a main event player, he'll never belong in the GOAT discussion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts